• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Recommend another good movie per post

i really like bully, larry clark is an unbelievable perv though. the amount of unnecessary upskirt shots in that film is great :D

Hehe, I know, it was just like in some scenes, the cameraman got kinda bored with the dialogue and just started pointing at the girl's pants instead :D

Also recommending Milk, just back from seeing it and it was really good. :)

i really like bully, larry clark is an unbelievable perv though. the amount of unnecessary upskirt shots in that film is great :D

I like it too. I also prefer it to Kids. I hated that annoying red head bitch in it though.

On a sadder note, Brad Renfro died last year. He was a cool actor. :(

Also recommending Milk, just back from seeing it and it was really good. :)

Glad you liked it, Spadey. :)

I didn't realise until after, but Sean Penn really got his mannerisms down well. Even right down to his cheesy grin.

6a00c2251d436b8e1d00fad6a962450005-500pi

harveymilk.jpg

Aye was a superb portrayal, the real footage of Milk at the end shows just how well Penn does it. Great performance.

Well for a bloody good film (that's actually on ITV2 tonight at 00:25), I can heartily recommend 'Unbreakable'. Both Bruce Willis & Samuel L Jackson are excellent (no bouts of overacting here!), although Jackson sports a comically mutated afro haircut =D. If you like atmospheric films like director M. Night Shyamalan's other well known film, 'The Sixth Sense', you will love this one.

I'll not discuss the plot as knowing in advance will spoil the film - just watch it and discover it for yourself

I hate unbreakable haha :( it's one of my least favourite films. shyamalans' only watchable film was sixth sense IMO everything else he has had anything to do with has been shit. (see lady in the water, signs, the happening, the village etc) he's a talentless hack who makes shit films entirely based around a plot twist.

apologies for the rant i just haaaate him

I hate unbreakable haha :( it's one of my least favourite films. shyamalans' only watchable film was sixth sense IMO everything else he has had anything to do with has been shit. (see lady in the water, signs, the happening, the village etc) he's a talentless hack who makes shit films entirely based around a plot twist.

apologies for the rant i just haaaate him

It is one of those films you either love or hate - not many fence sitters with this one. Personally I think it's far better than 'The Sixth Sense', but then I've always had a soft spot for all things comic book related :)

i usually love comic related things as well but the pacing of unbreakable just made it impossible for me to enjoy

I watched unbreakable a couple of months ago. Maybe it would have been better, if it weren't for my tolerance to the same damn character that Bruce Willis seems to play in every film. I actually really like him, and the movies he's in, but it's hard to deny. The same goes for Jackson as well, I suppose!

i agree with evad about unbreakable, pretty shite imo but then iv never like any of shymawatsits films

I thought The Village was OK, haven't seen any of his other films.

i'd strangle shyamalan if i got the chance, he IS what is wrong with the hollywood film industry

Been having a debate with some yanks over in F&T about Slumdog Millionaire. They are all convinced it's a work of art and a masterpeice and there's absolutely no way I can agree with that. It's a film that was OK, nothing special, different, new or unique so to call it a masterpeice is a complete joke.

106733-large.jpg

Based on the book, Elita Da Tropa by Luiz Eduardo Soares, The Elite Squad (Aka: Tropa De Elite) tells the story of two childhood friends who decide to enlist in Rio de Janeiro's Military Police Department. After juggling their police jobs and college, both make up their minds to try out for a Special Operations Squad whose mission is to take down the drug-lords that plague the city. Both men struggle to survive, facing the daily challenges of dealing with pressure at home and fighting an unnamed war on the streets.

Same writer as City of God, similar-ish theme. Lots of drugs and violence, an all round winner. :)

Trailer: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cb-rUfBTQ1g