• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Phenazepam

VerbalTruist

Administrator
Staff member
I searched and found nothing terribly helpful.

How many here have had it? Is it water soluble? How does it compare to Valium and Xanax?

Anyone?

haven't tried it personally but it seems to be pretty exclusive to russia. there was this thread yesterday

It's not water soluble, but there is still hope if you want to use volumetric measurements. DO NOT attempt to eyeball this substance, you could easily lose a week and fuck many things up in the process.

Unless you have some really special scales, accurate to 0.001g you're going to need dissolve it in something. I'd suggest Propylene Glycol, it's what they use for liquid/injectable Diazepam preparations and as far as I can tell it'll work just fine with Phenazepam too. It's also readily available, I got mine on eBay!

Now, as far as the experience goes, I can't tell you. I'm still waiting for the opportunity to purchase some of my own :)

It is not water-soluble and actually hardly soluble in ethanol, too.

I say it is most comparable to Lorazepam but much more amnesic and longer-lasting. A mg scale is imperative.

Phenazepam information

It's a benzodiazepine initially developed in the Soviet Union and is still being produced in Russia and some other nearby countries.

It is used for the treatment of neurological disorders like epilepsy, alcohol withdrawal and insomnia. Sometimes used as a pre-operative med since it has anxiolytic and anesthetic properties as well.

The average dosage is 0.5 mg 2-3x daily, not to exceed 10 mg. Also when stopping cold turkey after taking this med for a while severe withdrawal symptoms may occur.

Legal status:
Phenazepam does not appear in the list of Controlled Substances in the Laws of either the USA or the UK, where in each country, benzodiazepines are generally Class C, Schedule IV substances.

In the United States the Controlled Substance Analogue Act applies only to substances in Schedule I and Schedule II. To this date there are no benzodiazepines in either of these schedules, and as such, all benzodiazepines not explicitly scheduled fall outside the analogue act. [1]

Some other information I could find:
IUPAC name: 7-bromo-5-(2-chlorophenyl)-1,3-dihydro-1,4-benzodiazepin-2-one
CAS number: 51753-57-2 [2]
PubChem: 40113 [3]
Chemical formula: C15H10BrClN2O
Half life: 60 Hours [4]

I think someone with more knowledge than me regarding chemistry could find out if it is soluble, but to me it seems logical that pre-operative sedatives are injectable thus soluble into water/ethanol. That's just my personal non-educated guess though. :)

I like researching new substances BTW, so writing this post was a fun thing to do, but searching on Google for Phenazepam yielded almost 25.000 results so there must be some information about solubility on the net floating around. I have read that withdrawal from Phenazepam sucks so it's nothing I want to mess with. Also use a good scale to weigh your dosage as the posters above me said.

I am wondering how many drugs were developed in the Soviet Union we don't know about yet, I might have to plan a visit to some eastern European country xD ;)

Peace o/

[1] - Wikipedia - Phenazepam
[2] - National Library of Medicine
[3] - PubChem public chemical database
[4] - Species differences in phenazepam kinetics and metabolism, National Center for Biotechnology Information, USA

No, it's the only benzo I know of that is perfectly legal. And it's nice too. :D

I used it for a month, no scales, no fuck-ups, worse that happened was that i fell asleep (in bed) and my balance was a little off the next day.

I do not condone eyeballing, i know it is stupid.

1mg

dsc00628vi1.jpg

dsc00630ax5.jpg

Ebola, I think dfuk has some info on itand I hpe these help>

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...ez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum
"Rats were trained to distinguish the injections of phenazepam (PZ, 2 mg/kg, i.p.) and lorazepam (LZ, 2 mg/kg, i.p.) from saline in the same dose in the two-lever liquid-reinforced operant drug-discrimination (DD) paradigm experiment. A very similar level of stimulus control was obtained in both PZ- and LZ-trained animals throughout the 14 and 19-day duration of the study, respectively, the accuracy of the appropriate lever responses being no less than 80% in both cases. The principal similarity of the dynamics of PZ-saline and LZ-saline stimulus discrimination in different operant behavior schedules, their generalization profiles and the results of cross-substitution testing are indicative of the identity of the interoceptive DD properties of PZ and LZ. The results of cross-substitution tests with phenobarbital (40-100 mg/kg, i.p.), pentobarbital (10 mg/kg, i.p.), muscimol (1 mg/kg, i.p.), calcium valproate (20 mg/kg, i.p.), and pregnanolone (2 mg/kg, i.p.) as well as the tests for antagonism with bicuculline (10 mg/kg, i.p.) and picrotoxin (2 mg/kg, i.p.) showed that the DD properties of LZ strongly depend on the functional activity of GABA receptors and to a much lesser extent on the picrotoxin-binding receptor component of the GABA-receptor complex, which is additional evidence for the principal similarity of the interoceptive effects of PZ and LZ"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...ez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum
Experiments on male outbred albino rats showed that benzodiazepine tranquilizers phenazepam and flunitrazepam in ultralow doses (10(-9)-10(-15) mol/kg) produced an anxiolytic effect in the conflict situation test. This effect was not accompanied by myorelaxing and sedative side effects typical of standard doses of tranquilizers."

Let me knoe is there is something specific you need info on, its much easier that way;)

which other kind of benzo is it most like? its worth getting?

*ok i just read lorazepam.

Last edited:
^ Its worth getting, if you can find it. If you're not in Russia it might prove difficult to obtain.

Luckily, I'm part Russian, so my mob connects over there can get me all the phenazepam and crazy fentanyl analogues I need.

(I'm joking about the second part)

Don't incrimate yourself even if its not on any list - BB

Last edited by a moderator:
I took 0.5mg today before I went to the water park. No discernable effect. My bro got some anti-anxiety effects from 0.5mg. I'd say it's a close mg to mg ratio if compared to alprazolam. Though effects may be more drawn out with it's longer half-life, expect to wake up under its effects.

fenazepam; comparisons with other BZDs

Jamshyd said:
It is not water-soluble and actually hardly soluble in ethanol, too.

I say it is most comparable to Lorazepam but much more amnesic and longer-lasting. A mg scale is imperative.

You seem to be talking about fenazepam as a powder; what is wrong with the tabletswhich are already weighed properly? ALWAYS bring 900mg back from any trip to Russia (the max dosage allowed by Customs).

I disagree - lorazepam may be around the same strength ( one 2.5mg ATIVAN is eqivalent to 25mg diazepam) but is available in higher strength tablets, 2.5mg being most common. The big difference is that lorazepam is very short acting, fenazepam quite long acting. Lorazepam is much more sedating in a 'bad' way, making you liable to fall asleep an hour after a single 2.5mg tablet, fenazepam is not, being more like clonazepam which has an almost undetectable sedative effect while doing the right job on anxiety and panic. Only when one takes a huge dose of clonazepam (RIVOTRIL) like 4-6mg at nights does the sedative effect really come through in a big way.

I would compare fenazepam more with a longer-acting oxazepam or a shorter acting diazepam than lorazepam which also has the most uncomfortable effects on the body even after a course of only two weeks as i had a couple of yesrs ago - four x 2.5mg Wyeth Ativan daily for 14 days, and i spent the next seven feeling awful and actually craving a dose, something that has not happened with any other BZD. Clonazepam may be an even closer equivalent, but it is stronger than fenazepam.

But why is it not available in the uK, since it is so effective on an anxiety/panic disorder like mine which has been ongoing for over 30 years? It has few side effects and only when taken in doses which are not recommended causes any untoward effect? The maximum daily dosage is 10mg; in Russia most people take 1mg t.d.s. I would suggest doubling that dose for a severe and chronic problem. Tolerance is the slowest building of any BZD I have used. Tolerance to lorazepam builds in a matter of a few days. It was almost completely banned in 1982 for that very reason, but the 2.5mg tablets which are most common are too useful for a condition which requires a fast acting and relatively strong drug.
Fenazepam (as I noted elsewhere, thatis how it is spelled on the box) is more like oxazepam , diazepam or nordazepam in effect, providing you take the right dose for your own particular condition. In my case that would be 2mg q.i.d. and an hypnotic like midazolam (Flormidal is the best brand by far at a 15mg dosge) or lormetazepam 2mg at nights. Flunitrazepam would be my first choice but i have to go to Ireland to be prescribed 90 days' supply at a time, being 180 x 1mg Roche tablets , no other brand being kept by Irish Pharmacies.

Last edited:
johanneschimpo said:
^ Its worth getting, if you can find it. If you're not in Russia it might prove difficult to obtain.

Its not...no sources allowed, but I will just say Chinese chemical and pharmecutical manufactuering firms will send as much as you want for VERY cheap, in powder form of course, requiring an MG scale or a .1gram scale and propylene gycol and some basic compouding skills to make it dosable.

I'll be compouding mine soon and will post a trip report...hopefulyl a decent trip report that is not about going batshit insane for a week and ending up in jail. :p

update: I managed to get 100% soluability in 75% ethanol with about 20 minutes of agitation and heat applied via immersing the beaker in hot water at a ratio of 1mg/ml.

just info for anyone who has to "ghetto rig" a solution of this stuff.

If phenazepam is anything like Lorazepam i'm totally game. Liquid lorazepam only really started putting me out up around 4+ mg's sublingual. Before than it was just sauced out of our skulls...fantastic.

P.S. not impossible to procure outside of Russia.