• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Phenazepam

Preserving Phenazepam In Propylene Glycol

Hi all
I have a quick question regarding the best way to preserve phenazepam which has been dissolved in propylene glycol.

If someone has acquired a quantity of phenazepam and has dissolved it in propylene glycol in order to create an effective method of dosing, what would be the best way to preserve the propylene glycol/phenazepam solution so that it can remain sterile for long-term storage.

I was thinking of first dissolving the phenaz in propylene glycol, and then adding a quantity of bacteriostatic saline solution which contains 0.9% benzyl alcohol as a preservative. What concerns me about this method is whether the benzyl alcohol-containing bacteriostatic solution would have a high enough concentration of benzyl alcohol so that it will preserve the solution after it has been added to the propylene glycol solution.

For instance, I know that one can add a solute directly to this bacteriostatic solution and it will effectively preserve the solute, and prevent bacterial growth in the solution.

However, because phenazepam is not soluble in the bacteriostatic solution, one must first dissolve it in propylene glycol, and then the bacteriostatic solution can then be added to the prop glycol solution. What concerns me is whether the small amount of benzyl alcohol contained in the bacteriostatic solution will be of a high enough concentration to preserve the solution after it is added to the propylene glycol- since the benzyl alcohol will be of a much lower concentration after its added to the prop glycol solution.

So for instance, if one were to dissolve the phenazepam powder in 100 ml of propylene glycol, and then 10ml of the 0.9% benzyl alcohol bacteriostatic solution is added to the 100ml of propylene glycol, will the 10ml of bacteriostatic solution be of sufficient concentration to preserve the 100ml of propylene glycol since there will only be 10ml of bacteriostatic solution added to the 100ml propylene glycol.

Am I making myself clear?

If the consensus is that the 10ml of bacteriostatic solution will not be sufficient to preserve the 100ml of phenazepam-containing propylene glycol, can anyone suggest a better method of preserving the 100ml of prop glycol?

Lastly, does anyone know if the phenazepam powder will remain stable in the propylene glycol/bacteriostatic solution for an extended period of time (months), or will the phenazepam quickly degrade in this solution in a similar way that heroin will degrade into morphine if left in solution for more then a day or so? Thanks-DG

Just wanna say you can get 0.001g aka 1mg scales off of eBay for around $25!

They won't be anywhere near accurate enough to weigh Phenazepam dosages though, you'd still need to put it in a solution :)

Hi all
I have a quick question regarding the best way to preserve phenazepam which has been dissolved in propylene glycol.

If someone has acquired a quantity of phenazepam and has dissolved it in propylene glycol in order to create an effective method of dosing, what would be the best way to preserve the propylene glycol/phenazepam solution so that it can remain sterile for long-term storage.

I was thinking of first dissolving the phenaz in propylene glycol, and then adding a quantity of bacteriostatic saline solution which contains 0.9% benzyl alcohol as a preservative. What concerns me about this method is whether the benzyl alcohol-containing bacteriostatic solution would have a high enough concentration of benzyl alcohol so that it will preserve the solution after it has been added to the propylene glycol solution.

For instance, I know that one can add a solute directly to this bacteriostatic solution and it will effectively preserve the solute, and prevent bacterial growth in the solution.

However, because phenazepam is not soluble in the bacteriostatic solution, one must first dissolve it in propylene glycol, and then the bacteriostatic solution can then be added to the prop glycol solution. What concerns me is whether the small amount of benzyl alcohol contained in the bacteriostatic solution will be of a high enough concentration to preserve the solution after it is added to the propylene glycol- since the benzyl alcohol will be of a much lower concentration after its added to the prop glycol solution.

So for instance, if one were to dissolve the phenazepam powder in 100 ml of propylene glycol, and then 10ml of the 0.9% benzyl alcohol bacteriostatic solution is added to the 100ml of propylene glycol, will the 10ml of bacteriostatic solution be of sufficient concentration to preserve the 100ml of propylene glycol since there will only be 10ml of bacteriostatic solution added to the 100ml propylene glycol.

Am I making myself clear?

If the consensus is that the 10ml of bacteriostatic solution will not be sufficient to preserve the 100ml of phenazepam-containing propylene glycol, can anyone suggest a better method of preserving the 100ml of prop glycol?

Lastly, does anyone know if the phenazepam powder will remain stable in the propylene glycol/bacteriostatic solution for an extended period of time (months), or will the phenazepam quickly degrade in this solution in a similar way that heroin will degrade into morphine if left in solution for more then a day or so? Thanks-DG

So does anyone have an answer to this question?

all this PG talk, just buy one of those 200ml bottle of Everclear. its perfect for this. and, ive been told, works great.