Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Fourth Dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dondante said:
P.S. Anybody else get nostalgic for the good ole' days on BL?

sometimes but i noticed BL and BL'ers (at least in PD) will go through certain stages.

Right now everyone is jolly and playfull because "we're walkin on sunshine oooooooOOOOOO... and dont it feel good"

and by that i mean summer is comin and every one feels like showing the world how happy they are.

but now i feel like a ramblin man so...

*runs off to blast off*

So anyone ever think about putting DPT and DMT in the same bowl.

im thinking it may be stellar.

anyone with any experience combing the two? input?

Dondante said:
Those two sentences are contradictory. ;)

Experience is a continuous spectrum, not reducible to "notches".
It's convention to think in divisions and classifications, but that's not how things really are.
... not trying to be picky, just explaining samadhi's post.

<3

BTW, welcome to BL ... we encourage a more holistic mode of thinking here (or perhaps we used to). :\

P.S. Anybody else get nostalgic for the good ole' days on BL?

I spoke very poorly. Thanks for being gentle.

I was referring primarily to the progression up to breakthrough. Though even within the notches there are clear dose related effects. Like for example the entities might become more and more intelligent as the dosage is increased with in a particular range.

Not how what really is? If you are referring to the fact that we monkeys like to categorize and judge etc and that it appears that our categorizations are mostly superfluous then I generally agree. However, that does not change the fact that a recognizable landscape develops and that one can reliably get to particular parts of it through various behaviors including several classes that appear particularly dose related..

In the end, I I have come to understand that don't know much about anything. -- save computers which I am actually quite skilled with -- so, I try to stay humble. Still if we are to share here, we have pretty much only language to work with, and we are stuck with its limitations and fallacy.

<< is all for wholistic thinking. (and incidentally loved dirk gently's wholistic detective angency)

Nostalgic for what in the good ol' days? He asked.

Love and Light

samadhi_smiles said:
I miss last year. I felt much more spiritually aligned and healthy mind and body. I am getting back there. One upshot compared from now to then is that my body is physically MUCH stronger than it was a year ago. I can physically lift more and exert more force and my body feels more solid and resistent to damage.

Also Dondante, although it is a continuum this does not necessarily mean that humans cannot conceptualize it in a way of notches and divisions (clear cut divisions maybe or perhaps divisions with a 'penumbra' including vague cases). You're right that is something we do to reality, but of course what we do to reality should be considered in our ontology just as much as an 'objective' physical reality devoid of categories/divisions (a fundamentally unified force to use a term of art).

My main idea in pointing out the human constructed division between breakthrough and non-breakthrough trip is to reveal the utter folly of focusing on these sorts of conceptualization and return the focus to the immediate moment, the peak moment of the drug experience no matter what dosage it is at. The difference between normal consciousness and 'altered' consciousness or our consciousness and other animal's consciousness is not a difference in kind, rather than a difference in degree (like you have said elsewhere). All degress of consciousness are beautiful and unique, no one degree is more 'normal' than another (from a standpoint restricted to necessary claims at least).

Let's return to the point of complete and utter ecstasy and orgiastic tantric BLISS. This is the primary message of the psychedelic experience as far as I am concerned. Merging with the unity of Samadhi. Becoming the blissful moment.

Breathing in, <3Love<3, Breathing out, <3Love<3.

Peace and blessings,
samadhi

Well said on every point.

Love and Light

swilow said:
^I don't think DMT is like salvia, where this is a clear line of demarcation between being mildly fucked to actually breaking into a new reality- it is so apparent with salvia, it makes the DMT transition seem cruisy IME. DMT has layers of hallucinogenia- basica fractal/face/geometry CEV'x; next stage is similar but OEV's too- next stage may be finding it hard to tell the difference between OEV's and CEV's; next stage being in a strange vortex with a grey alien talking to you. All of these can be attained by titrating your doses. Salvia- not so much.

Though the largest doses I ever took- roughly 200+mg usually ended up in unconciousness, though the vague memories I have are beyond trippy. I tend to think my mind simply shut away the stimulii; too much for one small human.

Incidentally, I actually meant to respond totally differently to this than I originally did. I think particularly re-reading and I think developing a better understanding, I wanted to mention that it is clear to me we are talking about the same stuff. i.e., I *was*not trying to question your experience, rather just the words you are choosing to talk about certain aspects. Of course it seems to me that making that observation should be my first clue about the pointlessness of over analysing.

In any case, except for what is -- for me -- clearly dose related progression from faint cev, rich cev, faint oev, rich oev salvia shares nearly every point you mention including alien interviews on the other side of a vortex.

Anyway, in case I have not said so yet, you rock. Thanks for sharing...

Love and Light

DMT blew my mind just minutes ago, but at the doses i have been smoking it doesn't provide any insights or such. it's more like eye-candy. is a high dose required for insightful blast offs?

i also have no idea how much i am dosing, but it seems to be around 25+mg...

a higher dose and more trials are needed.

At first DMT was eye candy for me aswell.
Once i achieved a "breeakthrough" the trips have become much more meaningful even at lower doses.

^^That's funny you say that, unsui ... I called it "psychedelic cotton-candy" until I tried it under the influence of LSD. See my post in the IV DMT thread for details.

Personally, I've found that DMT yields the most insights when you have a platform to blast off from. LSD and the 4-xx-tryptamines are great for that, although I'd like to try it under the influence of MDMA sometime. Not only is the character of the trip incredibly enhanced, but the retrospection can be done in a psychedelic headspace when you return. DMT on its own is much less insightful IMHO.

Also, to Mycoloteur ... there was just something in the air from the end of '06 through the first half of '07.

*Takes of hat and bows to Xorkoth and S_S*

Not only that, but it seems like deep and thoughtful discussions don't crop up as routinely. A few great contributers have moved on ... Glogga, Church, BreakingSet (although he still drops in on occasion) among others.

No doubt being inundated with work has a great deal to do with it as well ... discussing the effects of 2C-ABC isn't quite so appealing when you don't have time to trip. Come on June 20th! :)

DMT...the infinite dimension. DMT is best in and of itself, with the exception of harmala preloading. Don't won't to fuck up your Mind, you know. ;)

Dondante said:
*Takes of hat and bows to Xorkoth and S_S*

Not only that, but it seems like deep and thoughtful discussions don't crop up as routinely. A few great contributers have moved on ... Glogga, Church, BreakingSet (although he still drops in on occasion) among others.

No doubt being inundated with work has a great deal to do with it as well ... discussing the effects of 2C-ABC isn't quite so appealing when you don't have time to trip. Come on June 20th! :)

Yeah, my life is so busy right now it's insane... working hard, trying to start a business besides that, finding a house to buy, wedding in 3 months... I hope to be able to find more time to really contribute a lot in the future. But it's still the same place... we're just in a bit of a down-lull at the moment. But on the upside, I think the sense of community is doing great. :)

Xorkoth said:
But on the upside, I think the sense of community is doing great. :)

sure does feel like home in here.

if my magic 8 ball was right i forsee alot more DMT smoking in the next few months.
8o 8o <3 =D

In the very near future I will be trying Mescaline + DMT

Anybody have much experience with that?

^Mescaline (P.Torch) plus oral DMT was one of the single greatest experiences of my life. I used dehydrated and encapsulated mimosa water extract so it lasted much longer and was more gentle than the liquid. I also used 50mg DMT intramuscularly with P. Torch another time, but the Torch was pretty much overwhelmed by the DMT for 35 minutes, and the DMT came with more anxiety than it would have alone. I imagine the same thing would happen if I smoked it. I think matching the intensity of each to the other, or at least getting close, is key for the best synergism with this combo. I'd say the Torch would have been at a ++ and the oral DMT would have been at a low +++ if I had taken each alone rather than the taking the DMT after the plateauing on the Torch. YMMV.

Thanks psood0nym

I'm planning on eating a rather large dose of San Pedro and feel it out from there probably starting with low smoked doses of DMT during the peak. Usually when I smoke some DMT one a longer lasting psych and I feel anxious I start with a very low dose and this helps me ease my way in, starting with feeling only the added energy flowing through me and very little added visual and working from there.

samadhi_smiles said:
better yet think for a minute and come up with your own straight to base tek. I think you'll need *presses fingers to temples in satire*: NaOH, water, few quart jars, turkey baster, mimosa (300ish grams), naptha, glass dish, and shot glass for rextalizing.

Haha, thanks Samadhi. :]

I think that the reason my crystals were so oily... is that I didn't do a freeze extraction. I heated the naptha (increased solubility), then slowly cooled it until my pollutants from my crappy lye (drain cleaner... I don't want to smoke this) fell out. Then I took the naphtha that was remaining and evaporated it.

If I froze this naphtha (decreased solubility, yay) and the crystals feel it, and I poured out the naphtha... would the crystals be less oily?

Last edited:
bauble said:
Haha, thanks Samadhi. :]

I think that the reason my crystals were so oily... is that I didn't do a freeze extraction. I heated the naptha (increased solubility), then slowly cooled it until my pollutants from my crappy lye (drain cleaner... I don't want to smoke this) fell out. Then I took the naphtha that was remaining and evaporated it.

If I froze this naphtha (decreased solubility, yay) and the crystals feel it, and I poured out the naphtha... would the crystals be less oily?
you are aware that some dmt will precipitate if you cool heated naphta to room temperature?
please use proper NaOH next time!

^ I actually tried extracting DMT from MHRB once, and failed pretty miserably due to pretty much the same issue. The problem is, that proper lye (crystallized NaOH) is nowhere to be found where I live, and believe me, I've tried searching extensively. So I resorted to using a drain cleaner fluid as well. On the label, it was said to be a solution of water and NaOH, but apparently there were some impurities in it as well, which pretty much screwed up the whole process for me. Bummer. I'd really love to taste that DMT to see what all the fuzz is about!

I got the chance to smoke dmt yesterday for the first time and I am pretty sure I did it all wrong. I used the old light bulb freebase method. I put 50mgs in there and began to vaporize it. When enough smoke built up I inhaled and took a loooong deep hit, I held it as long as I could and when I exhaled nothing came out. So I waited for something to develop and..... nothing. No getting swallowed into a world of kaleidoscopic fractal visions or entities or anything, I felt a little stary for a minute but that's it. Not even a real buzz in my book. What the hell did I do wrong here fellas?

If you heat it too much, that might burn the molecule. Was it smoke or vapor before you inhaled it? What did the dmt look like, purity, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.