• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

Actually, I've only done about 30mg (3 quarters of a 40mg pill). That's good to hear though; but in your post you mentioned James Fogle dying of shooting blues and dilaudid which, ironically, I decided to go get yesterday evening (more like early this morning haha). But my question is, if these pills are relatively safer, what was he doing wrong? Was it the lack of boiling his shots? Or the lack of using a micron filter? I guess my question boils down to: how can I shoot these and practice good harm reduction? Also, I'm wondering where I could buy a micron filter without having to purchase them online? Thanks again,
Tim

Basically it comes from people like that filtering poorly or not filtering shots at all. The safest way is to use a micron, and that is what I do, always. Every shot.

There is a micron filter megathread. They are about $5 a piece, but a small investment of like $20 towards some fresh points, a few micron filters, and some bacteriostatic water will keep you safe, happy, and high. It is possible to order them from mountainside-medical.com, but one of our members (Captain Heroin) has set something up where he can ship out filters, water, and points, which all come from different websites, he just gets large orders then breaks them down and makes everything very easy for someone like yourself. I would highly recommend contacting him.

Microns seem expensive, but I usually filter about a week's worth of shots at once, meaning my shots cost me around $0.20 a piece, plus like $.20 more for a new point everytime. For me, it is without a doubt worth the total of like 40 cents it costs me per shot because it is just so much safer when you prep them properly.

BTW. are you using anything else besides the oxymorphone that makes you feel like this, such as another opiate? I'm on fentanyl also and I have this problem when I take the oxymorphone on top of the fentanyl mostly. Funny, I just noticed it after reading your posts and it is extremely consistent when I just take it orally and use the fentanyl patch.

I have a friend who claims to have it when used IN only with the same combo, especially after losing some tolerance, and then he uses high concenrations of oxymorphone IR (5mg/ml) and fentanyl (500mcg/ml). He says it normally gives him a terrible headache and nausea but within two days he's enjoying it. This can be either with 1ml of oxymorphone followed by 1ml of fentanyl or 2ml of the mixed solution, whatever, ... it doesn't matter. The mixing cause heaviness of the chest. I also only see this problem when I mix the two and ingest it as prescribed.

Is a micron filter useful for IN use? Given the stuff that comes out of one's nose I thought it wouldn't matter but it couldn't hurt either right?

i don't know if that is what is actually happening.
the powder is very fine, and looks like random particles could go down my lungs.
I am using ER's. it's not very bad, but i do get a shortness of breath when i wake up.

this would be after one days use.

if you were to micron filter a solution then use it intranasal or evaporate it and snort the powder, it would be significantly safer.

THE BEST way to take Opana ER , whether for pain relief or recreation, is to crush them up (very very finely) and snort it. BE CAREFUL!!! Unless you have an extremely high tolerance like me, start out slow!

it was happening harder, more of a heavy chest, when i was taking snorting oxymorphone and tapentadol orally during the same time. when i stopped the tapentadol, it got easier on my chest. i also noticed i would get the pains if i take a large doose, enough to get me really high, then i would wake up with chest pains. if i only take enough to manage at night, i hardly get any pains.

BTW. are you using anything else besides the oxymorphone that makes you feel like this, such as another opiate? I'm on fentanyl also and I have this problem when I take the oxymorphone on top of the fentanyl mostly. Funny, I just noticed it after reading your posts and it is extremely consistent when I just take it orally and use the fentanyl patch.

I have a friend who claims to have it when used IN only with the same combo, especially after losing some tolerance, and then he uses high concenrations of oxymorphone IR (5mg/ml) and fentanyl (500mcg/ml). He says it normally gives him a terrible headache and nausea but within two days he's enjoying it. This can be either with 1ml of oxymorphone followed by 1ml of fentanyl or 2ml of the mixed solution, whatever, ... it doesn't matter. The mixing cause heaviness of the chest. I also only see this problem when I mix the two and ingest it as prescribed.

Is a micron filter useful for IN use? Given the stuff that comes out of one's nose I thought it wouldn't matter but it couldn't hurt either right?

edit: i have been trying to resolve this problem as it is problematic for me. i think it has something to do with the coating. i notice if ingest any of the coating, my chest pains are more apparent. i think that is the real culprit here. it's either that or i am just talking out my ass. i really hope its the former.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me where to get a micron filter? also, will this type filter help at all in removing any of the microcyrstalline cellusose? My guess is no, but im not sure. Thanks in advance.

Is naltrexone a natural component of Opana ER (oxymorphone) ? Yes, I searched... I did read that manufacturers
are going to start leaving in/adding more to deflect full agonist opiates. Can anyone answer any of these questions if you are educated on the answers ? Basically I read they are planning on using it for a maintanance/taper med'
Thanks

Last edited:
no kidding

lucky bastard! i'm in a city and.............no shit.:|

Last edited by a moderator:
i posted in the micron filter thread, just wondering if any of you knew....can you use a micron filter to get a snortable powder that doesnt have the silica(MCC)?

So I only read the first page and don't feel like reading through everying. I've snorted Opana once after not taking any opiates for about six months and let me tell you it knocked me on my ass. I have plugged an array of pills and would really love to try some oxymorphone. What is the bioavailability of plugging this drug?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Opana do it for me after years of 'dones?

ok. so here is my deal. I have 2 herniated discs and I am on disability. been taking pain meds by persciption since i was 17. been on methadone for about the last 10 years. I used to take it, shoot it, snort it for fun until it stopped working. now all it does is keep me from being sick. my methadone dose went as high as 170 mgs/day at one time (SWIM doc shopped) and now I am sick of the blocking effect. now I am getting 15 100mcg fentanyl per month. and i am down to 15 mgs of 'done per day. my goal is to get OFF the 'dones. for the last 5 or 6 years my script was 180 'dones and 90 15mg oxys per month. also alot of other bullshit like zanaflex, etc.. ( only in the last 2 months did I stop my normal scripts and try to reduce my 'done intake....so i went from oxys and 'dones to fentanyl patches and a reduction of 'dones with no oxys)
Now... i know damn well my doctor will give me anything I ask for. I have an excellent repoire with my doc. I began seeing him only a few months after he began his practice and we are roughly the same age. (mid 30's) So anyway I want to be able to get high again. the opiate high. so as I reduce my 'done intake i want to try other opiates. here is waht I am thinking. I want to get Opana. I honestly believe he will give me maybe 90 30mg Opana ER my first month. And also oxycodone 15mg for breakthrough. These patches won't stay on my skin(hence the 15/month) and besides that, the only way I could get a buzz is to wear 2 and breakdown 2 or 3 used patches in lemon juice and drink it in a vodka tonic.
So ok. here is the long and the short of my little talk. after being on methadone for so many years. and after only being on 15 mgs of 'dones for the last several days, does anyone think i will have the ability to get a buzz by snorting 30 or 60 or 90 mgs of Opana ER on the day I take my final dose of methadone.??....(friday) I have read alot on both sides of the YES/NO argument.
Again. I shot dope till my veins disappeared. I took all kinds of everything for so long till nothing works anymore. I just wanna get high again. and BTW no H here. and even if there was, I don't wanna go there. I'm 34 and getting married soon. So I just want something that works. And something i can use w/o getting track marks again (because my veins are actually coming back!!!!!-----ughhh....temptation...)
Can I get high with Opana with my tolerance???

If you snort 30mgs of Opana along with your last Methadone dose, you have a great chance of dying. This is a very strong chemical and you need to have respect for it.

It will definitely blow away 15mgs of 'done. Snorting 30mg's would be like taking 400-450mgs of oral morphine, or banging 2 bags of 100% pure heroin, which we all know doesn't exist.

We can't tell you how to scam doctors, or what drugs you should get to abuse, but from a safety standpoint, I would recommend that you try to get the 10mg IR Opana, as they are the highest dose IR formulation and they do not contain the silica and microcrystaline cellulose of the ER pills. (you can read all about OPANA ER and lung problems on this site if you search) Not to mention that shooting the ER's would be incredibly dangerous and basically just asking for an abcess, or worse, pulmonary edema. (There is a method on here for making a solution out of the ER's to IV, but it is impossible to eliminate all the ER mechanism and fillers from the solution. Basically, it comes down to this: you are going to do it anyways, and if you get ER formulation, you would use it anyways and that is dangerous.

You can't shoot the ER's and they are unsafe to snort. So try to get the IR pills.

So I only read the first page and don't feel like reading through everying. I've snorted Opana once after not taking any opiates for about six months and let me tell you it knocked me on my ass. I have plugged an array of pills and would really love to try some oxymorphone. What is the bioavailability of plugging this drug?

BA is around 30-50%, there are conflicting reports. Some outliers claim it to be "as strong as IV" but that is unlikely, maybe a max BA in some lucky people of 60-70%.

i posted in the micron filter thread, just wondering if any of you knew....can you use a micron filter to get a snortable powder that doesnt have the silica(MCC)?

YES you can. Please do it. See my signature for links on micron filtering.

dude. I am reducing my methadone. but I am also on 100mcgs of fentanyl. I am referring specifically to the blocking effect of methadone. will it inhibit a dose of Opana. I really want to know before I waste anything. I know i can take snort 10 oxys and not even get sleepy. i really hope i dont sound like I am trying to brag about my chemical dependancy because I am certainly not. I know the risks/rewards. I have done this for 20 years. I just want to know if Opana...or ANY opiate will work after my last dose of methadone. Honestly I dont think it will. I can take enough fentanyl to kill a horse as i am now. but any feedback is appreciated. and thanks for your concern MUVO

If you snort 30mgs of Opana along with your last Methadone dose, you have a great chance of dying. This is a very strong chemical and you need to have respect for it.

It will definitely blow away 15mgs of 'done. Snorting 30mg's would be like taking 400-450mgs of oral morphine, or banging 2 bags of 100% pure heroin, which we all know doesn't exist.

We can't tell you how to scam doctors, or what drugs you should get to abuse, but from a safety standpoint, I would recommend that you try to get the 10mg IR Opana, as they are the highest dose IR formulation and they do not contain the silica and microcrystaline cellulose of the ER pills. (you can read all about OPANA ER and lung problems on this site if you search) Not to mention that shooting the ER's would be incredibly dangerous and basically just asking for an abcess, or worse, pulmonary edema. (There is a method on here for making a solution out of the ER's to IV, but it is impossible to eliminate all the ER mechanism and fillers from the solution. Basically, it comes down to this: you are going to do it anyways, and if you get ER formulation, you would use it anyways and that is dangerous.

You can't shoot the ER's and they are unsafe to snort. So try to get the IR pills.

also i no longer doc shop. that was years ago. I don't plan to shoot anything ever again. (15 years of hell is enough hell for me) and I know the difference between 15 mgs of 'dones and 90mgs of Opana. the only reason I am asking anyone here is because I have been EXTREMELY UNSUCCESSFUL with ANY opiate in the last several years. thats why I am stopping methadone. I am tired of the blocker effect of it

I know what you were referring to... 15mg of Methadone isn't a whole lot to break through. I would start with 5mg of Opana and go up from there.

I got some Opanas when I was on suboxone and shooting just 2.5-5mg would always break through for me. It is really a very strong chemical, 3x stronger than Heroin, at least. Opana will raise your tolerance quickly though. But as for what you are on right now, 30mg of Opana would blow that away, I promise you. And that's if you snort it. If you IV 30mg of Opana, that is like eating a GRAM of morphine or injecting 300mg of morphine. It's alot.

Opana is basically like Dilaudid that has legs. It is 10x stronger than morphine, and besides fent, is the strongest Rx opiate available.

What about "shirting" to avoid the time-release for snorting? You just get it wet with saliva and rub it inside an old shirt, the yellow coating comes right off and the inner white goodness is intact. That's what I usually do, if it's inefficient I'd like to know.