• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

IV Opana / to IV Kadian

The nasal bioavailabilty of oxymorphone is ~43%, IV-95%, oral is 10-20%. Therefore at least twice more of the drug is being absorbed when you snort it so i definitely recommend that you do this with your pill and not waste it. Is it a wax matrix pill like morphine/oxy and does it trun into a goo if its added to water. That would be sick if it was just like prudue oxycontins and could be shot without too much trouble. So how was it? Did you get fucked up and how much did you do? Anyway, 100mgs insufflated oxy is equal to about 25-30mgs insufflated oxymorphone and around 15-17.5mgs IVed.

my sister went from snorting to IVíng,Oxymorphones, and now is IVíng Kadian because it's cheaper and lasts longer... I don't know much about Kadian... do you? I don't see it on this forum

I've railed 2-3 40mg ERs total over the last week or so. Before that 1 roxi average daily for a few months with some breaks.

This opana has me feeling like i can't breathe right. Tightness in chest. Effort to draw full breaths (not while high i'm talking lasting effects i am still feeling today 48 hours after my last line).

I'm not sure about this silicosis stuff but something about these doesn't seem right despite the fact that it actually feels like a gentle line (doesn't burn etc.). Hope im being a hypochondriac but i started feeling this way before i read about the harmful effects of the silicified microcrystalline cellulose

is anyone still on this thread? i just joined, but have read info here off bluelight for a longgg time.. iam looking to ask a question about opana 15mg.. and i believe these are the ER ones.. but i want to know if you can snort these or not?? my name may be youngblood, but iam 25 years old, and i have been addicted to oxycodone for about 10 years now.. first the oc's, until the damn OP came out, then moved on to just 30's.. and now im going to try these opana 15's.. and please leave all the "dont do it" comments to yourself, i know what im doing, have been for awhile, jus looking for some info.. oh and I DO NOT IV.. NEVER HAVE.. NEVERRR WILL.. thanx

Would I get more out of my 40s if I did an extraction or crisped? If you crush a 40 and snort it, how much is actually released before it gels up? I did about 30mg OM last night and it felt closer to 80mg OC, which seems kinda low in comparison to everyone's 3X - 6X mg to mg estimates.

yea thats over exaggeration . oxymorphone is only twice as strong as oxycodone. a 40 is equivelant to 2 80s ect.

BY FAR. the best way to do opana is to plug it. i've done opana by snorting it for yrs., but when i read on here that that is the best way, i thought "how disgusting", i'm not putting anything up my butt!! anyway, it's the only way for me, just do it! you'll thank me later!

BY FAR. the best way to do opana is to plug it. i've done opana by snorting it for yrs., but when i read on here that that is the best way, i thought "how disgusting", i'm not putting anything up my butt!! anyway, it's the only way for me, just do it! you'll thank me later!
lol ive plugged once with percs, what scares me about plugging anything that gels up is im jus imagining it swelling up like an op does when you throw it in water or else id be down

i have a great pain dr. that will let me have bout anything. im going to tell him i wanna try these. we have tryed diladuid, but it didnt help wth my pain near as much nor was i able to get a good of buzz of the. but these opana er 40's sound very intresting. im a snorter these pills sound like the r great for that. im getting u huge tolerance to oxy, and cross tolerance to hydromorphone as well. these are hrydomorphone right? very intrested i will post more when i get some.

This opana has me feeling like i can't breathe right. Tightness in chest. Effort to draw full breaths (not while high i'm talking lasting effects i am still feeling today 48 hours after my last line).

I get that feeling the next day before my next dose. I get chest pains, and have a hard time smoking a cig.

I wonder if its from the powder going into lungs :/

That's a serious problem. In general, you shouldn't have stuff go in your lungs at all and it should go through your nose and end up in the back of your throat. This is hard to with powder, but you can dissolve the IR in nasal drops and then just let it drip down the back of your throat (even spraying enables some of the aerosol to go in your lungs). This reduces risk of lung infection also.

This is my favourite ROA. I unfortunately? was supposed to cut down my prescription but my doctor forgot about it and gave me the same refill as before. This has happened a few times. I am a pretty disciplined guy but I can't taper down when I have more of the stuff available, especially the IRs which are so easy to use IN! At least it's now the mylan/other brands with 5.1ml of fentanyl per 50mcg/hr patch instead of the 8.4ml of fentanyl in the sandoz patch (which is a reduction of 37.5%!).

I get that feeling the next day before my next dose. I get chest pains, and have a hard time smoking a cig.

I wonder if its from the powder going into lungs :/

That's a serious problem. In general, you shouldn't have stuff go in your lungs at all and it should go through your nose and end up in the back of your throat. This is hard to with powder, but you can dissolve the IR in nasal drops and then just let it drip down the back of your throat (even spraying enables some of the aerosol to go in your lungs). This reduces risk of lung infection also.

i don't know if that is what is actually happening.
the powder is very fine, and looks like random particles could go down my lungs.
I am using ER's. it's not very bad, but i do get a shortness of breath when i wake up.

this would be after one days use.

Hmm, odd. Yeah, with the ERs you have no choice but to crush them up into small powder. I'd be most concerned about some airway/lung infection rather than the silica stuff discussed elsewhere which is either a big problem that even Pharma doesn't know about or is hiding *, or not a big problem.

* - since I believe the TIMERx release mechanism would generally not be popular, and would be too risky to use for legitimate users, again contrary to what people are saying. In other words, Pharma doesn't want to kill off its customers. They need them alive to keep taking the drug in perpetuity, even the abusers (in fact, without the abusers the prescription pain killer market would be very tiny I think---travel across the world and even well trained doctors wouldn't DREAM of using opiates the way we do). Contrary to assertions, Pharma wouldn't design anything where the intent is to kill you if you abuse a prescription. Maybe a couple of conservative types working as janitors and the like might be SO opposed to addiction as a moral problem that they might consider this drastic thought (hey, such people have been known to bomb Planned Parenthood and try to kill doctors who perform abortions). But not the real businesspeople. I'd believe something to the contrary in fact, that a SMALL fraction of people are working on these kinds of research since they themselves are abusers or addicts and it is in their interests to keep the products safe even if abused. This is a lawsuit happy country and the goal of this entire process is to minimise the number of lawsuits from an addict's well meaning enablers. :/

i don't know if that is what is actually happening.
the powder is very fine, and looks like random particles could go down my lungs.
I am using ER's. it's not very bad, but i do get a shortness of breath when i wake up.

this would be after one days use.

Opana ER Extraction Method for IV Use

Hi everyone, I've been a long time lurker on this site, posted a couple questions regarding some problems I have ha with other things, and have only had positive experiences since finding this wonderful online community. So, I decided to contribute something myself, also in the hopes of having a discussion regarding harm-reduction.

Just recently, I've began to experiment with ways to get the most out of the Opana ER (extended release oxymorphone-tablets-40mg) that I'm getting. I decided to try one of the popular methods circulating around the Internet, involving isopropyl alcohol. Since I'm very afraid of the consequences of shooting silica, this method seemed better than those which use only water.

What I do is:

1.) Grind a quarter of a 40mg (10mg) up with a hose clamp.
2.) Add to a shot glass and add 2ml of 91% isopropyl alcohol & stir for about 5 minutes.
3.) I then put a filter (I use cotton from a Q-Tip), and use a syringe with the tip cut back (past the needle), and filter the alcohol from the fine particles of the pill.
4.) I then add this filtered alcohol to a metal 1/8 of a cup measuring cup.
5.) I then light a little tea candle and simmer (not boil) the alcohol off, making sure to keep the flame as far away from the cup as possible, and making sure no alcohol made it's way to the outside of the cup (I blow the fumes off the cup as I do this).
6.) After everything is boiled off I'm left with a tan/white film in the bottom of the cup. I add a full ml of very hot water to the cup, and the film comes off.
7.) I stir it for a couple of minutes, throw in a cotton, draw it up, and then I'm done.

I feel a rush, close to the feeling of an 8mg dilaudid (hydromorphone), albeit perhaps not as pronounced.

My question is...has anybody else been successful with this method? Are there any alternatives that work better/are safer?

Yo man, there is a megathread on this extremely questionable topic already.

I know everyone has their own methods, but consider that most modern painkillers that have time-release, and even some that don't, are engineered with abuse-resistance as a specific goal outlined in the "design brief" that these psychopharmacologists, chemists, engineers, and doctors specifically design and engineer a pill that will safely deliver the drug when ingested, and be abuse resistant.
These are the two main design goals.

Now consider that this has been going on for a long time, and Opana ER is the newest and most advanced time-release and abuse-resistant pill formulation perhaps ever developed.

Now stop and ask yourself: Do you really think some isopropyl alcohol and some boiling is going to defeat an abuse-resistant mechanism that took millions of dollars, years of time, and probably 200 Phd's to develop?

Fuck no, it isn't. Because those drug companies and those scientists do extractions like this and see if it is possible to shoot, and when they pull a nasty ass, well done, cloudy solution up into a syringe, they are thinking to themselves that nobody would be stupid enough to shoot it. Nobody.

For fucks sake, at least micron filter that shit before putting it in your body.

Have you seen the inactive ingredient thread that lists the inactives in Opana ER? Microcrystaline silica is particularly bad, with a particulate size under 50 um, which is about the best you can hope for with cotton, so you can expect that shit to build up over time with this method. This is absolutely not safe. I am already vehemently opposed to the existing published method listed on these boards, and this does not sound even as safe as that (quite unsafe) method.

>>>Merged

My question is...has anybody else been successful with this method? Are there any alternatives that work better/are safer?
Feel free to read through this thread Egeo_consilii. The injection and microfiltering threads that muvolution mentions can be found in the OD Directory linked in my signature.

Hello everyone, longtime lurker here. I have a chance today to get Opana ER 40's and was wondering if anyone here has tried this stuff out yet. Can you rail this stuff out or can you only bang it or what.

The bioavailability of oxymorphone (opana) is 10% oral 40% intranasal 100% intravaneously

Be careful when you do it I recommend you snort it if its your first time and take it one line at a time, it'll surpirise you even if you have a high oxycodone tolerance

Muvolution:

Man, thank you for the reality-check. After reading your post I went ahead and did a little research on the topic and came to realize some really disturbing things about the silica in these. I have to admit, I feel like a complete idiot for subjecting myself to something as harmful as this, and most certainly won't continue to pursue trying to IV them. I've been getting these for about 9 months now, so as you can imagine my tolerance has gone up like no other-If I want anything close to a nod I'd have to insuffilate at least 3-4 (yeah I've been down this road awhile), so I thought it'd stretch out my supply by IV. Obviously, this is not
the pill to do this with, though. I was led to trying this (and this is sort of a cautionary note) by posts of people claiming to have been doing this "for months", with "no I'll effects", but I see how my reasoning there was fundamentally flawed, because they could have all sorts of problems just waiting for them around the corner.

Now I'm worried about my own health. I've done this three tines (and like I said before), will NOT continue this, but still-I hope in going to be okay! Do you think I should get checked by a physician, just in case? Thank you everyone who already responded.

You've only done a total of 90mg? You should be fine.

There are two main dangers with shooting this kind of pill:
1) Abcesses, gangrene, botulism, edema, etc that develop from getting particulate matter into the bloodstream or under the skin, in the case of a missed shot
2) long-term buildup of partially soluble/ insoluble binders in the lungs and other major organs of long-term IV users. (At this moment James Fogle, Author of drugstore cowboy, is dying in prison from pulmonary edema caused by the buildup of all those blues and dilaudids he cold-shaked and filtered through cotton.)

If you are going to continue this, I would highly recommend getting some micron filters. I frequently shoot Dilaudid and it is a much mellower pill, there are practically no soluble binders, there is no need to heat it, and after micron filtering, the solution is absolutely pure.
I have also shot the 10mg IR Opana which are equally benign. ER pills just are not meant to be shot, and even with a micron, cannot be totally and safely filtered.