• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Trouble Peeing on Opiates: Urinary retention issues Q&A Megathread

Peanut21

Bluelighter
Doing alot of opiates? i just stood at the toliet for like 10 mins trying to pee ....lol.. I finally did it after running the water in the sink for awhile ....

negative just drink some water.

i used to always take my oxy with like 20oz of water and instead of being hard to pee, it was almost too easy!

i had this problem when i started on a methadone program... never having to schedule my pee's before .... sticking to the same 2 days a week was hard.. i found i have to go first thing in the morning as i always have to pee then.... its the only way, some days i would drink 4 litres of water and wait and wait and nothing...

i have a lot of trouble peeing while on opiates, so usually now i just ignore the urge and it goes away, and then once i really have to i just sit down (i'm a girl) and clear my mind and relax, and it'll come.
especially with high doses of oxy, it's like i have to keep pushing it out even after the flow has started. it doesn't bother me too much though because it doesn't cause me that much discomfort.

Slid said:
stop thinking
then pee

In short this is the answer

In longer form, if you are able to relax your lower body while ensuring that your mind is not thinking about anything, you'll be good. I repeat a mantra which means that I don't get any thoughts in my head.

It rarely happens to me. Never on oxy or hydro, but it sometimes happens on Morphine. Its not too hard to overcome though...I just relax and everything works fine.

Don't drink water on opiates! You'll either have a pukefest or a painful bladder.

I wouldn't want to find out too late that for whatever reason, you have not attained Buddhahood and can't pee on opiates.

^^^
this is true. when i start to really miss having orgasms i stop taking pills. until after i have sex, and then i'll take the pills. :)

This is really weird, and I don't know why it is, but if I drink Diet Mountain Dew while I'm taking opiates, it allows me to pee.

im a guy and i sit down to pee too...sometimes...lol...It makes the long wait more tolerable, plus im lazy.