• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Trouble Peeing on Opiates: Urinary retention issues Q&A Megathread

Between not being able to poop and barely being able to take a leak, I'm going to have to get off the Subs faster than I expected.
I never had a problem with the Methadone.

Two of us. We were coming after last night. We could not piss at all. We were driving for 200 miles. We stopped every time. We both could not piss. We were at 26 hours. We just went at the urinal. We stood there. Our bladders are bursting. Ouch. I Looked at him. He looked at me. Other men are filling the urinals. One boy has pee shy and couldn't go. Again not any piss for us too. It is now 30 hours.

Two of us. We were coming after last night. We could not piss at all. We were driving for 200 miles. We stopped every time. We both could not piss. We were at 26 hours. We just went at the urinal. We stood there. Our bladders are bursting. Ouch. I Looked at him. He looked at me. Other men are filling the urinals. One boy has pee shy and couldn't go. Again not any piss for us too. It is now 30 hours.

You should try to find a shower or a private bathroom to run water while you try
Otherwise you should bite the bullet, and go to the hospital. It is VERY dangerous to not urinate for that long. Catheters don't hurt and the releif you will feel is amazing. (I had to do it after not peeing for 24 hours.)

I experienced this once, following a suicide attemt, when I took over 100 Nurofen Plus pills. Next day, in hospital (ahem!) I felt like I needed to go... but once in the bog, nothing. Go on, go on... WTF? Thinks "must be the codeine? dammit, no pathetic over the counter drug beats me! Go on... come ON before I fucking explode!" THen a more sensible thought. "Hey, chill out... just relax, don't worry about it... if you need to piss, you'll piss... be patient, let nature take her course..." I was eventually rewarded with a steady stream and many sighs of relief. Bad, bad moment though! Good luck...

Here's a few weird things that start the flow ime--

-tilt while sitting on toilet. Just tiptoe on one foot while lifting your cheek and leg slightly at same time. Switch sides.

-hum while counting or reciting something in your head . fully relax

-clench then relax each lower body one at a time, which helps you relax muscles total

-hold your breath while looking at running water

-lean forward a little while you tightly grab the nearby sink or counter tightly. Try leaning into the counter rather than the toilet, too

- close your eyes & exhale verrry slowly. I

've noticed if you're able to start peeing exhaling super slowly simultaneously helps your flow not to stutter in Burt's, and empty fully.

This can be disconcerting firreal. Once or twice I had tears in my eyes after sitting there 15-20 mins trying to pee, lol. Very unfunny at the time.

I've been there. Just open the faucet of your bathroom and listen to the sound of the water, it will help. Perhaps putting your fingers under the faucet and feel the water pouring will make it even easier. It takes less than a munite to pee when I do that
(Hell, I would never imagine I would post something like that)