• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Weekly Bluelight photography contest Round 1: Macro

BA

Bluelight Crew
RULES
1. Any photograph or variation of a photograph which have been previously submitted in the forums or gallery for viewing and discussion cannot be used in the contest.

2. Photographs must be your original work and that has never been copyrighted or, if copyrighted, that you are the sole copyright owner of.

3. Only one photograph may be entered per contest.

4. All photographs must be free of watermarks, signatures and borders

5. Photographs must be no wider than 700 and no higher than 700.

6. Deadline for entries is 12am eastern on the posted deadline date.

7. Voting ends at 12am eastern on the posted end date.

8. Post your images in the appropriate thread in the form of an image, not a link to click on.

9. Don't be a dummy and vote for your own photo, try and make it fun.

Be reminded that this is a photo contest and so images which have been heavily manipulated through an image editing software will not be accepted.

Images which are not relevant to the week's theme will be automatically removed.

Note: chrissie will be helping me keep this on track. I will pick the next theme and post it the night a contest ends for the next round so people have a full 8 days of time to take pictures and submit them. Voting will take place from midnight to midnight over 2 days (i.e 12am Friday - 12am midnight sunday). After all the entries have been posted, a poll will be added the last night so people can vote.

So here is the schedule:
September 1-8 submissions.
September 9-10 voting.

September 11-18 submissions.
September 19-20 voting.

September 21-28 submissions.
September 29-30 voting.

October 1-8 submissions.
Octover 9-10 voting.

etc.

[edit to change dates, allowing longer submission times]

Last edited:
This week's theme will be macro photography.

Submissions deadline will be FRIDAY (9/8) at midnight eastern time.
Voting will be all next weekend (9/9 - 9/10) ending at midnight sunday eastern time.

Post your pics in this thread!

Last edited:
^ admiration.

This sounds like a cool idea. Ill start snapping some pics soon as the weather gets nice again.

I think this is a great idea and wish I could participate. However, I have had images stolen in the past and disagree with the rule prohibiting watermarks and/or signatures. I am sure you are doing it to try and limit photoshoppers, but for someone who is actively looking to pursue photography as a living, proof of ownership is all there is.

Can we turn in entrys that are outside the rules if we don't care about winning?

so how many blers actually have a camera / lens for decent macro photography?

atlas said:
so how many blers actually have a camera / lens for decent macro photography?

ba is just dying to test his macro function it seems :D

Any possibility of stretching the time beween contests? I'm using slide film a lot these days and it takes a week at least to have it developed.

nowonmai said:
Any possibility of stretching the time beween contests? I'm using slide film a lot these days and it takes a week at least to have it developed.

Sure, I suppose we could make it a 10-day period or something. I just picked 5 days to submit and 2 to vote because it fit around a weekly schedule. We could make it 8 days to submit and 2 to vote, would that work?

Something like
September 1-8 submissions.
September 9-10 voting.

September 11-18 submissions.
September 19-20 voting.

Would this work for everyone? There will also be different themes each week, I just randomly picked macro for this one, so if you can't make it, there's always next round. ;)

[edit] Date changes made.

Last edited:
perhaps we could give the theme for the next round during the submission period for the current round? that way people have 2 weeks to get film developed or have extra time to take their photos.

My internets have been down at home, so I'll just submit now to get it in on time in case I can't make it back online before the due date.

I'm kicking myself for not having my tripod or UV filter with me when I took this. :X

19iv5.jpg

i like this idea. i think 'macro' is a great theme for the first round. now i just have to find my camera :)

alasdair

chrissie said:
perhaps we could give the theme for the next round during the submission period for the current round? that way people have 2 weeks to get film developed or have extra time to take their photos.

Okay, that's cool. Towards the end of this week's period?

i was thinking that the next theme could be announced now and then when we start the submissions for that round, the 3rd theme would be announced and so on.

Oh ok, derr! *smacks head*

Next theme will be Reflections.

Hope this allows for more time, good luck! :D

alpine flora with mist and water droplets on my hike in Franz Josef Glacier basin, New Zealand. shot with a canon powershot s50. i just like the colors and the composition.
anotherworld.jpg