• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Weekly Bluelight photography contest Round 1: Macro

SillyAlien said:
BA or Chrissie, the first two posts are conflicting. Has the deadline for the first theme been extended into next week? TIA

Fixed! I extended the dates to give people a little more time and forgot to edit post #2.

IMG_4628.jpg

hmm it appears that the down resing of this one went badly, it was not as blurry... I'll try again whenI get back form work...

^
LOL! With such awesome entries like AlphaCharlieID's dragonfly, I think I'll just watch from the sidelines. Unless I can figure out a way to zoom in on this dust mite I've had my eye on for the past week. =D

I tried to keep the rules to a minimum, but just a reminder.... :\

NO LARGER THAN 700x700 & only 1 photo per contest.

:(

AlphaCharlieID, is that 1st picture you posted an actual picture or something you photoshopped heavily?

There is a general "show off" photography thread in the lounge where you can post those. Why would you post them in a contest that you're not even entering?

that dragonfly pic is amazing ACID - tell more: how did you take it?

note:
BlueAdonis said:
There is another general photography thread in the lounge, please keep submissions to 1 picture per contest.

that thread is here: The Photography Thread

alasdair

^

with my new fang-dangle camera!

took ages.. he is actually a dead(/died?) one... dont think i would have been able to do it if he was alive.

HE is sitting in a bunch of dried flowers in mums kitchen..

Im trying to find photo's of dragonflies i saw in the bush, they were bright red and yellow..... damn!

very nice. what kind of camera is it?

actually, if you're not entering them in the contest, you should move them over to the (more general) lounge photgraphy thread, a ink to which i posted. we can pick up this discussion over there.

alasdair

Not sure if the contest is over, but he's my entry.

40722742_244f5aa1fe.jpg

Spin the black circle, bitches!

Nice one, Finder. This round ends tonight at midnight.

oh man finder's one is real cool

this contest rules. i lost the software to upload from my camera (dont even have any pics for this current contest so its all good) but i hope to be up and running so i can participate next time.

try plugging your camera into your pc anyway - on xp, it should launch the appropriate wizard. win2k your camera should just show up as a removeable disk.

there are hours left to take a cool macro shot :)

alasdair

^
Great effort, AuraithX. I especially like the "WTF?" look on his/her face.

na it doesnt work with this camera ali, kodak seems to have designed the interface for this camera so that you cant just plug and play. you have to use their undeniably and inexorably lame software to get ur pics out of it. its on my other machine which is temp out of comission, and i dont want it wasting space on this machine. for it to become plug and play, u need this stupid dock thinger that costs like, well i dunno, but it costs extra money.

to add to that, its another example of horribly engineered software. it installs multiple applications that boot up with your OS which are HORRIBLY slow and huge resource hogs. they do not provide a native option to not-boot with the system. a nieve user would have no idea whats going on. the software itself sucks ass, was probably made by a bunch of chinese or indian undergraduates working for $0.50 an hour. I expect a hell of a lot more from a camera that costs this much.

to this i say, fuck you kodak.

<here u would see a cool pic>

I vote for Finder's pic. I love it! I <3 vinyl. :)

I can't wait to find out what the next subject is - I have tons of pics I'd like to enter. ;)