View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-E Subthread] 2C-E Dosage and Methods of Administration

tathra

bluelighter
This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy 2C-E thread in which to discuss dosage and methods of administration. Please direct all questions and discussion about 2C-E dosage and methods of administration to this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, i had 25mg (orally) of 2ce the other day (not writing a report cuz i'm a shitty writer :| ).

the experience was great, but my stomach was in knots for most of the trip, especially towards the end. here i am, a few days later, and i think i'm showing some signs of acute damage (liver i think)

looks like this stuff might be a bit toxic at higher doses. keep this in mind if you get it in your head to persue higher doses (20+ mg).

i think next i might try plugging or IMing it. from my other experiences plugging psychedelics, the positive effects are greatly increased, while the negative effects (such as nausea) are greatly reduced, most likely to having less of the chemical in your system. i have yet to IM any though, so that might be an interesting time as well :)

Last edited by a moderator:
2c-e is one of the best PEAs out there. Visuals blow 2ci out of the water, very deep and mind-expansive (as opposed to 2ci, whose midtrip is easily the mildest I've ever had), and fairly easy on the body (although I know a few people who vomit after ingesting it). Some characteristics of it resemble LSD, such as it's effects on smell. Easily one of my favorite RCs out on the scene, anybody who thinks it is a waste of time has absolutely no idea what they are talking about. But be warned...it can be a very difficult substance and is not recreational in the same sense that 2ci is. Not good for being around a lot of people or uncomfortable situations.

the dosage is a little less than 2ci, I'd say somewhere between 15 and 20 mg is a good range.

Last edited:
Some people aren't very responsive to 2ce. I had 2 people take around 15-17 mg from the same batch and they said it didn't do a thing. I'm starting to believe that 2ce affects me more than most people, even my gf doesn't trip as hard as I do.

I'v tried a few RC's before and had some very introspective/deep expirences on 2-ct-2, which is great for introspection IMO. I'm hoping that 2CE will be able to rival it's family member. From what I hear, it will.

Any word on if it can/should be insuffulated and if there should be any special precautions taken to store it would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
why insufflate it? youd achieve a slightly greater dose economy but those who know (not i) say snorting pea's leads to higher body loads. and (especially with something as deep and potent as 2ce) theres no reason youl want to come up faster than one would taking it orally. also, the one person whose account of snorting 2ce ive read said it stung like bloody hell, even tho it wasnt a full on dose (if i remember right). also i believe its the case that people have died from snorting peas, but not from eating them.

it seems most peas do not degrade very fast. im keeping my 2ce airtight in the dark at room temp.

Plastic Soul said:
Be prepared to have a profound experiences if you go over 20 mg or so.

Be prepared for such experiences with dosages less than 20 mg! My first try with 2C-E (at 16 mg orally) literally BLEW me apart. At times, the visuals were so intense I could not tell what was real and what was not.

My First 2C-E Experience

You should not use any psychedelic more than once a week, but even that is a lot. Psychedelics lose their magic if you are doing them all the time. For me, the better I like psychedelic; the less I use it. Stuff like MDMA, LSD, 5-MeO-DMT, and 2C-T-7 I only take once or twice a year. And they never lose their magic that way.

Use them as little as possible. It's hard to intergrate last week's experience when you are off on another trip two days later. Moderation is best.

Time between doses

I've found that with 2c-e, thetolerance is not as strong as say LSD or mushrooms. I can trip 3 days staight if I so desire with this compound with no much loss in potency from one day to the next. There is some dulling of the effects, but with 2c-e not much.
P-out

Though devoid of euphoria at the higher doses, I find doses in the 6-8mg range to provide a nice blissful contentment that lasts along the normal duration of the 2c-e trip. I have taken 8mg on 2 seperate occasions and find a nice anti-depressant effect or something. Not euphoria, just a sense of peace, very mild color enhancement strengthening as the trip continues in duration until about the eigth hour. Or so it seemed. Maybe just sleep deprivation, but maybe the 2c-e. Very impressive even at this low level! Much less trippy more fun.
Enjoy!:D

^^^^

I was suprised, taking 2mg was enough to produce a LOT of color enhancement and even trails, nice body buzz/mood lift. I dont know if it was related to something else that would make it so potent, but since i'm going out again tonight, hell I might as well take just 1mg, and for some reason I expect to feel something, as 2mg was enough.

The most i've taken is 16mg, that particular trip didnt produce the visuals i've seen from 13.5mg (seeing pictures come to life, etc), a lot to do with what we were doing I think.

I just wrote a trip report about my first time with 5-meo-dmt, but maybe I should change the title to add + 2C-E - four of us on new years eve took only 4mg 2C-E, me being the experienced one, my roommate who hasn't tripped in years, and two others who have never tripped. We all got effects, there was a lot of laughing, some "different thinking" going on, they all could see tracers, etc. I wrote the trip report almost forgetting I took the 2C-E, but now that I think about it, it probably played a decent part in the 5-meo-dmt experiences.

But like I said 2mg was enough to produce, what seemed like, the same color contrast/brightened effect of all of the higher doses I took. Sharper vision, it was cool. 4mg was enough to definitely be "distracting" to normal tasks :) I am curious about mixing 1-2mg of 2c-e with a little bit of 2c-i...

I tried 12mgs of 2C-E for the first time tonite. Wow! It was really damn intense. After using 2C-I twice, once at 15mgs and the other at 20mgs, I decided to try 2C-E. Being that they are both Phenethylamines, I could very much see the similarity, but 2C-E has so much depth and intensity. It was also powerfully introspective. I got really deep into conversation with my girlfriend and friend who also tried it. The visuals were beyond awesome as well. The trees seemed to shake and vibrate. The patterns everything made were just amazing. It is definitely not a "recreational" experience, though it was one of my favorite psychedelic experiences. I will be trying it again soon at 16mgs.

Had my first chance to try 2C-E today, 15mg. Definitely a "serious" psychedelic. I agree with IndoleKing's comments and others about this being a very emotionally neutral trip, and much more suited to introspection than parties. It also has a strong dissociative cloudiness to it, which surprised me, which kind of pulls a blanket over you, but the blanket is not necessarily warm or fuzzy, it just is.

For me on this material, there was a much stronger tendency for my mind to interpret the stimulative aspects of the trip as fear, rather than excitement or just nervous energy. The fear was never overwhelming, and in fact it felt like this could be a good tool for helping one face fear, if one were inclined to avoid it.

The visuals, for this dose (15mg), were pretty powerful. Normally I require higher doses of any material to get much visually, but they were quite apparent. However they also seem less fun, or at least less "the point" on this material than others. More like an ominous chorus of angels than like little sprites or cupids....

Hmmm, maybe all this is because I just watched Bergman's The Seventh Seal. Don't play chess with Death! 8o

Overall a very interesting chemical. Not one that I am dying to do again immediately, as I sometimes feel with 2C-I or some of the 4-position tryptamines, but I'm certain I will try it again in the not too distant future, and perhaps write a proper report.

Last edited:
2C-E has a lot to offer

2C-E 18mg oral

My second try with 2C-E, a slightly higher dose in a more carefully planned setting, yielded a truly remarkable yet balanced trip. This is a material I can be comletely in the grip of (+3) and still enjoy reading a book -- in fact rediscover a joy in reading I had not had in years. Reading while listening to music created a kind of mental synesthesia (fusing of the senses) was really phenomenal. I honestly did not want the trip ever to end.

Still, I retain my assessment, made by others as well, that this is a "serious" psychedelic. This is an introverted, lazy Sunday afternoon material, not for parties and I would not give this to a first timer for sure. The pleasure in it must really be sought out. Definitely more challenging, but also more rewarding, than 2C-I.

I don't feel any need to dose higher than 18mg on this material, and I normally dose on the high side of most chemicals. This one is just ... more efficient. =D

Hmm just a quick post following my 2C-e experiment the other night...

Intranasally this stuff makes me as euphoric if not more than from taking MDMA. I was a heavy MDMA user but stopped well over 18 months ago (with maybe 3 nights since then). If I take around 3-4mgs the "body rushes" and general euphoria I feel are far more than say 12mgs orally (of 2C-e) or 200mgs of MDMA.

Anyway if I were to try going out on this stuff I would definatly choose this route of admin. In fact I did take a walk at around midnight around my (pretty busy iner-city) neighbourhood.

Not that I condone this or suggest anyone else take any drug whatso-ever...

I'm not quite sure, but my friend once took a 20mg "booster" dose of 2C-I on a 20mg peak and he said it didn't intensify it, but it extended the duration about twice as long.

I never do booster doses. At best they extend the plateau and comedown, which with an already long-ass lasting chemical like 2C-E is asking for a 24-hour trip.

I think that 2C-E does indeed have a tolerance build-up. I dosed my first time on Thursday night with about 20mg, then dosed again on saturday at about 20-25mg and felt very mild effects.

I've tripped 4 times on the stuff so far. I've kept my doses at least 1 week apart. The last trip was on 5mg's and from this i got some nicely threshold effects.

I think that tolerance is not such an issue if you keep the doses spaced well enough.