• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Sir Jimmy Savile is dead

I am suprised how little response this thread has attracted to be honest. Saying that though this is a Saterday and this forum is full of druggies who like to party!

Shame Jimmy has died. RIP.

Bummer :( Another one whose like we won't see again.

(And it seems now, some people are out after his reputation .....)

Anyone with 'Jim'll fix it' drug stories?

There were tales of people scoring coke on his behalf way back when, but why and for whom was unclear. I'd love to hear from any posters more 'in the know'.

I'm amazed he lived so long tbh. He always scared me slightly, but RIP anywhoo.

God Bless Jim, he used to Run the Bath Marathon n would pass the house , thought it was great as a kid , always got a big cheer did Uncle Jim...

I'll never forget the Louis Theroux documentary on him. The one scene where Jimmy was running on his treadmill whilst smoking a huge cigar at the same time. Theroux asked him "do you think its advisable to smoke a cigar whilst training Jimmy ?". I think the reply was "probably not....Next...!". (He kept saying "Next....!" a lot throughout the program when he wanted to quickly move on from a question he didnt like to dwell on too much....)

No-one believed me last night that Jimmy Savile was the first every DJ to use two turntables. I actually had to look it up on the internet & prove it because everyone thought I was at it.

I wrote to Mr Saville when I was a wee girl, I wanted to sit on his knee and meet the Bay City Rollers.

Thankfully neither happened for me.

haha that documentry was jokes! met him once or twice that i cannae remember and my parents knew him a while back, didnt live far haha. RIP

poor jimmy. i always liked him during his scottish ginger midget days. :(

god speed and god bless, wee jimmy...

The-Krankies-001.jpg

xxx

Very sad. He was a lovable nutter that did a lot of charity work, plus basically the creator of the GLC look. Not enough people like him really.

He was a good guy I think.
Not sure why so many have a problem with him.
He did a lot of good work for charity, he worked his socks off for those charitable causes.

No-one believed me last night that Jimmy Savile was the first every DJ to use two turntables. I actually had to look it up on the internet & prove it because everyone thought I was at it.

Have you got a source for this apart from him saying it? Because he was going on about this in an interview, and if it's true then it's amazing, and if it isn't true, well....

I've seen a video clip in which he claims that he approached a turntable manufacturer and said 'I need a double record deck' and they said 'it's OK, these are well made, you won't need a backup' and he said 'but I want to play the start of one record while the next one is finishing' and they made it. These double record deck things exist, I've played on one after a misunderstanding with a local disco hire co meant we got one for a party (it was awful). But was it Savile's invention?

Likewise he claims to have invented the concept of having a dance without a live band, ie to records.

I am not convinced by either claim (and both in conjunction seem especially suspicious) but I would like to know. It'd be amazing if it were true.

Have you got a source for this apart from him saying it? Because he was going on about this in an interview, and if it's true then it's amazing, and if it isn't true, well....

It's disputed. Twin Turntables apparently existed in the twenties. Which isn't to say they caught on at that time (they didn't), so Jimmy may have been telling the truth for all he knew.

As for him introducing the concept of dancing to records, again that's a difficult one to prove, but he can certainly be credited with helping to popularise it. A knight commander courtesy of the Vatican too. What was not to love, eh?

The world's a darker place without his jewellery jangling.

jimmy savile invented the wheels of steel, dancing, DJ's, Acid house, bouncing doors, hip hop, mixing, scratching, mini skirts & pimping. any evidence to refute this is bullshit

the man is pure legend. rip OG jimmy

I'm amazed by how solidly the people of BL have come down on his side as there was quite a lot of bad feeling towards him out there in the world at large. Seeing as the claims made against him never added up to anything more substantial than rumours of rumours it seems fair to give him the benefit of the doubt. A lot of people seemed to think that he was up to something sinister.

Remember when he was on Have I Got News For You, and the show was visibly quite heavily edited? A transcript of alleged cut material emerged, and it wasn't pretty. This was later rumoured to have been written by Chris Morris, and it's true that certain phrases had a Morrisian ring to them.

I'm amazed by how solidly the people of BL have come down on his side as there was quite a lot of bad feeling towards him out there in the world at large.

True, but between this and Gaddaffi a lot of people have seen huge chunks gouged out of their childhood.

I'm sure that even when Noel Edmonds' time comes (perish the thought) there'll be more than one dewy eye in these parts.