• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Zohydro 50 mg ER dosing

Never had the ZoHydro's.......I've read if you break the tiny beads, it does become instant release.

As for taking 1 Tylenol with them, I agree, it feels a lot stronger towards the high & pain relief.

I once dosed an old formulation OC10mgs & was having the biggest headache cause of the oxy but once I took a Tylenol, the headache & pain went away & the oxy kicked into its full effects & the high was really up there.

Even tho I do a CWE on 20 to 25mgs of hydrocodone, I sometimes take an advil & it helps with the strength towards my pain obviously

Thank you! So I'm not crazy! Lol...Ok, that's debatable...but, I can at least say I'm not delusional as to the kick the Tylenol gives ;) I have a pretty high tolerance to hydrocodone, still trying to figure these Zohydro's out. Although I haven't tried this yet, but I was thinking about taking a full Zo, let it do it's time release thing, and taking my loratabs as well...I'm wondering if that would be the kick I'm looking for...The one we are ALL looking for! LOL!

There's nothing you can take to make these "hit" harder. It needs to be converted by the CYP2D6 enzyme I to hydromorphone. Unless you know a way to speed that up, snorting or shooting hydrocodone is completely useless. I've tried it, and I'm a 2D6 poor metabolizer, don't even bother snorting or shooting, you will just waste your drugs. You will get high, but definitely no rush. At 85% bio available, just eat the damn thing. If you order the 23 and me genetic test, then upload your raw data, you can find out if you have mutations like me. Well worth the 100 bucks

Thank you guys for the reply... Just wondering... Those of you who bought stock in zohydro, how's it panning out? I was considering purchasing as well. I know this drug was supposed to be a HUGE deal... But, after being on it for months, no one else in my area (suburbs of Detroit ) know about it. My pharmacy has to order it, every month, and I'm the only person taking it!

i figured id rely, i didnt read the 2nd page but i searched the first page for the word cola and coke and found nothing. the new OC 80 ( now imprinted OP 80) have a abuse proof gel mechanism that to me also works like an ER. however this can be beat by lettin it sit in a shot glass of cokeacola, or some other soda with phosphoric acid. i usually let it sit for 24 hours and i feel it coming on in no more then 10 mins. atleast wait til the pill is dissovled. it makes it STRIAGHT INSTANT RELEASE. not sure if zohydros have the same mechanism but cokeacola minicks the stomach acids so i dont see why it wouldnt work. gl. ur lucky to have zohydros. i think zohydros are a good idea to be honest. that way there is OC(oxy) 80s and HC(hydro) 80 basically.

ha, detroit for the win. love my ciddy

Last edited:
I am a bit disappointed at how many strong, biased and unresearched opinions there are about this drug. A majority of you posters have absolutely no idea how potent this drug is, while another large number of you are just lying about being prescribed it for attention. Here's a photo, I have been taking it orally since it's 'debut' and it is far stronger than Oxy. I apologize that I'm dispelling many teenagers' myths and fake knowledge with silly things like facts but here's your photo just in case you think I'm another swollen head parroting false information about a drug hardly any of you will ever experience. I also take this in tandem with 10/325 norco's for breakthrough pain along with klonopin and baclofen for sleep. I won't discuss the cause of my pain, I am simply stating Zohydro is easily one of the most powerful opiates I have ever taken, and the euphoria is around the clock when taken properly. These are 20mg capsules that I am to take three times a day--two in the morning and one before bed--and I wake up still feeling the effects. I have not found a tolerance to be present yet, and I haven't toyed with it to discover how far I can push the high, but there are many days I don't require the IR 10's at all.

When properly used and accurately prescribed, this is one of the most helpful pain medicines out there, as I had tried everything (almost) before stumbling across this. My doctor has even asked if I would like to increase my dosage to 40mg capsules and I actually declined. I'm sure I'll need to increase the dosage in the future but I'm trying to get the most/best out of my regimen before diminishing returns set in. I'm not a doctor, I'm not in med school, but I know that within this thread maybe three people have told the truth or made factual statements about Zohydro. The rest is just /facepalm. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it from someone who truly is actually on it.

Last edited:
40mg capsule

Has anyone here got these from a pharmacy yet? I'm very much curious how much is in the capsule. I've received some from a very reliable source. 15mg ones. When i opened one to see what it was about there's hardly anything in the capsule. But the 10mg 15mg 20mg 40mg and 50mg seem to be in the same sized capsule. And all 60 i received have the same in them and i doubt the source would go through every one and take some out. I just want to know for sure with a photo of one from one of you that got them direct from pharmacy.

Ps sorry for the caps. I can't get my phone to take it off. I have a crack where the button is.

I got a 40mg capsule today from a friend. I broke my foot and the hosp gave me tramadol. I was open minded as long as it worked for my pain. The tramadol didn't. Not even when I doubled up on the dose. You're not supposed to up the dosage on that too quickly because it can cause seizures. Yikes!
CAlled the hosp only to find out that because of that new law if I want hydrocodones I'd have to go back to the ER process and be re evaluated. Shit.
ANYWAY...I called my friend with terminal cancer. I was a little afraid of this 40mg thing so I opened the capsule and ate about 1/3 of the tiny pellets. I ended up eating a little more before my pain subsided.
The amount in the capsule filled to the top the larger end of the capsule. The purple end in this case.
so the claims of the amounts comtained in lower mg caps seems right to me.

also the claim that the strength feels more like about half of what it is seems right too because I had to swallow what I did to get relief. I was most worried about puking. I hate that. So far so good.
its mild and mellow. Kind of warm and I still have a tiny bit of pain. I'm saving the rest for tomorrow when this wears off. Sure wish o could have gotten some regular 10s. Be sure I'll ask for them after surgery.
peace

Hey I also have cypd26. I'm on the zohydro I'd like to talk to u if I can. I don't know anyone else with this gene. Please contact me by my email.

Hey I also have cypd26. I'm on the zohydro I'd like to talk to u if I can. I don't know anyone else with this gene. Please contact me by my email.

Hey man, welcome to Bluelight
Every human as the enzyme CYP2D6 so I think you mean you have a mutation of this gene,right? What do you wanna know about it?

Seems like you have no tolerance to opiates or you're just new to this shit.
When I read some of the previous comments it makes sense to me. I've been prescribed 240 30mg Roxy's(oxycodone) which is 8 a day, 75mg Fentanyl patches, 90 40mg oxycotin and a crap load of other meds for the past 5 years.
With a tolerance like mine, I got prescribed Zohydro 40's in place of my Oxy's and I didn't feel a thing when chewing up 2 capsules(80mg). These totally suck. I actually prefer taking a few Norco than the zohydro.
In short, if you got a high tolerance don't get the Zohydro
I wish I could break the time release as it's weak on a extended release.
If someone knows how to break down the release let me know. Thanks!

Seems like you have no tolerance to opiates or you're just new to this shit.
When I read some of the previous comments it makes sense to me. I've been prescribed 240 30mg Roxy's(oxycodone) which is 8 a day, 75mg Fentanyl patches, 90 40mg oxycotin and a crap load of other meds for the past 5 years.
With a tolerance like mine, I got prescribed Zohydro 40's in place of my Oxy's and I didn't feel a thing when chewing up 2 capsules(80mg). These totally suck. I actually prefer taking a few Norco than the zohydro.
In short, if you got a high tolerance don't get the Zohydro
I wish I could break the time release as it's weak on a extended release.
If someone knows how to break down the release let me know. Thanks!

Dude what kind of lying/bsing piece of fag shit are you... this didn't even make me laugh like when 5th graders say they had sex or injected some weed. Can I meet your lala land doctor too?

Dude what kind of lying/bsing piece of fag shit are you... this didn't even make me laugh like when 5th graders say they had sex or injected some weed. Can I meet your lala land doctor too?

You jealous there!? HAHA. I got a safe full of this crap. Good thing I actually found a dr that knows what pain I suffer through so I can get relief from my scripts. Living in California has its benefits:)
I took a picture and tried to upload but not sure how. Let me know and I will show you something to make your head explode.
Then you can jerk off to the picture. Haha Fag!

a lot has changed in the world of extended release hydrocondone and im curious as to any of you who are currently prescribed this and how it is working for you? me personally, have tried numerous things for pain, especially over the past year since the doctors, even PM, are being told to switch everyone (even 10+year pain med patients) to extended release only and only tiny amount of IR...have to throw in how sad it is that the 'war on drugs' affects those as myself like you all who have documented chronic, progressive debilitating disabling (multiple) diagnoses and we r being treated like junkies...its very sad and disheartening when i was so near being at least a near 7 for daily pain level, some days got to a 6 and now back up to 8-10, more days writhing in bed in pain day after day with no release :(

Do you take the acetaminophen with the zohydro? It's supposed to potentiate the analgesics (pain relieving) properties.

a lot has changed in the world of extended release hydrocondone and im curious as to any of you who are currently prescribed this and how it is working for you? me personally, have tried numerous things for pain, especially over the past year since the doctors, even PM, are being told to switch everyone (even 10+year pain med patients) to extended release only and only tiny amount of IR...have to throw in how sad it is that the 'war on drugs' affects those as myself like you all who have documented chronic, progressive debilitating disabling (multiple) diagnoses and we r being treated like junkies...its very sad and disheartening when i was so near being at least a near 7 for daily pain level, some days got to a 6 and now back up to 8-10, more days writhing in bed in pain day after day with no release :(

There are people that were getting 240 Norcos a month for over 5 years & then were cut down to 120 a month & now are down to 60 a month, & thus drop is within a 4 month period......everything I'm.hearing is doctors are cutting way back on pain meds, especially hydrocodone.

Lostboys is right. Doctors have shifted to stop prescribing opiates, benzos, or anything abusable that has killed thanks to the Southern California doctor over prescribing her patients for money and let three die leading her to have manslaughter charges. Now every doctor fears prescribing due to the risk of their patient dieing leaving the doctor open to get sued for manslaughter charges. I was told that scripting habits changed by my pharmicist after the court case. It's fucked up, but America has changed where it used to be a country run by the people for the people to give everyone a voice. Yet due to curroption and voting system manipulation people have lost the ability to have a voice it seems.

its not just the hydrocodone it seems...all doctors are oddly following like sheep to the CDC Guidelines for Prescribing Opioids - which was directed ONLY to family practitioners - im being told that the goal is to get rid of (basically) all short acting pain med and replace with ER formulations...i, myself, find this quite disturbing as i really really fear the fact of something being in my system for that long (12, 24hrs or even patches that last for a week!), especially since i am SO super sensitive to SE. my conditions r extremely painful, progressive and debilitating and i know the cycle of depression/anxiety will worsen as well along with my pain all because this ridiculous CDC guidelines, which are not at ALL aimed towards patients who have been with pain management practices for years/not doctor shop/remained with one pharmacy for same amount of time/no history of abuse nor misuse/no indicators at all for having 'problem' with IR/short acting narcotics/scheduled drugs, nor how they care for their long-term, well established, very proper patients - i am quite concerned indeed...

Just starting zohydro 20mg 2x day (plus three norco for breakthrough),after being on fent patch 50mcg and 5 norcos a day. Will post up with report soon.