Your Productions Go Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bossy Grimy remix by me..illimex, Eminem Ass Like that Bass HeavyMellowMix...check it

www.soundclick.com/illimex

click on the music link and come back to tell me what you think! I been gettin some mad props on the grimy mix.

i don't keep up with this page, and my computer at home has been out of service for like a year so i haven't made any headway on tracks lately, but check my myspace music page for a few tracks "in progress"

www.myspace.com/djhabitat

ok, there's a lot to work through here... first up:

Dante | Atone

crisp techno :) i likes! the percussive work is suitably crunchy, but what i'm really loving are the synth notes about 1/4 way through. add tension and a bit of dubbiness, which is inevitably a Good Thing :)

the kick drum is biiiig. obviously i'd like a full wav version but the sounds are well integrated and in proper proportion. this is something of a genre-bender which is also great :) i like the sense of forward energy throughout. and of course the scrunchy semi-apocalyptic breakdown with phase/flange drippiness. really nice man :D it reminds me of some of the lighter liberators output, which is awesome.

JTraxx | Beyond the 3rd Dimension

ok, it's been a hella long time since i really listened to much hard trance, but i used to love it a whole lot so i'm looking forwards to this :)

intro is good, reverb is beautiful. acidic synths set the scene :) i like the percussive work and the squelchy resonance/cutoff acid line.

huge kick, of course. again this is only 96k so i'd like to listen to a more detailed version. there's great energy here, it definitely captures that relentlessness, that driving motion. i like the percussive synth sound patterning which gives a really techy feel.

breakdown/buildup is as to be expected - huge :) melodically i like it, it's got that germanic soundtrack-to-the-day-of-reckoning feel about.

placement and EQing sounds good throughout - again, i'd like higher quality but can't download right now.

Chaotic Grey | Perfect

the guitars are pretty pretty. it has that backwards-looking wistfulness.

not afraid to play with panning either which is excellent. the distorted drumloops and fx etc. are sweet... again, i'd really like to hear a full-quality version of this because it's tricky to figure out how well the sounds are incorporated. i feel i'm losing out on a lot of detail!

the chorus section is nice as well. i really like the melodic progressions throughout. the breakdown @ 2:18 is wicked. i love the processing on the vocals... unexpected, and awesome.

a while ago someone posted that one of my tracks really would sound better with a live drummer. and unless i'm mistaken i reckon the same is true (are you using midi / looped drums?) with this track.

the song construction is interesting and the essential simplicity of the basis of the song. everything works around that element which is really nice. i love the fact that the vocals only appear twice. and please, more of the sound-mangling glitchiness on the final vocal! :)

nice work!

Burton Kram | A Robot Eating Prune... (can't find the rest of the title? lol :D)

i like the synth pads. for some reason they really remind me of leftfield... i think it's 'melt'. very complimentary! the percussion is cool, i like the shifty-reversed sections as well. the around-the-head panning on that main 'fuzzy' synth is sweet. as is the portamento sounds. i like the fact that it's grounded in that one chord change,

i really like the sounds you use. it's also a bit like The Orb in terms of having both space and sonic clutter within the confines of one track, and being able to pull it off. usually that means attention to detail in terms of EQ, comp and pans etc... very nice!

i love the resonant vowel-sounding synths at 4:00. there's a sense of progression as well, you always feel like you're heading Somewhere, which is great.

that bubbly-synth that sits with the percussion is awesome. i could listen to it burbling and trickling away all day :)

very cool :)

hey all,

this is something i'm working on just for kicks really :) i'd love any feedback people could give!

Aeon | Shimmer

http://www.aeonsound.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=33&func=fileinfo&id=7

[right click and 'save target as' to save]

i don't get much of a chance to buy / play / make this kind of music. it's in the vein of some Iboga stuff, and is very slow (about 128bpm). it's not what i usually do at all, but that makes it more fun to actually write :)

please let me know what you think!

dr seuss said:
Burton Kram | A Robot Eating Prune... (can't find the rest of the title? lol :D)

i like the synth pads. for some reason they really remind me of leftfield... i think it's 'melt'. very complimentary! the percussion is cool, i like the shifty-reversed sections as well. the around-the-head panning on that main 'fuzzy' synth is sweet. as is the portamento sounds. i like the fact that it's grounded in that one chord change,

i really like the sounds you use. it's also a bit like The Orb in terms of having both space and sonic clutter within the confines of one track, and being able to pull it off. usually that means attention to detail in terms of EQ, comp and pans etc... very nice!

i love the resonant vowel-sounding synths at 4:00. there's a sense of progression as well, you always feel like you're heading Somewhere, which is great.

that bubbly-synth that sits with the percussion is awesome. i could listen to it burbling and trickling away all day :)

very cool :)

:) thanks very very very much for the kind words and indeed for listening in the first place, really appreciated. :)

You can find a full version in a highbitrate here as well as some of my other stuff if you'd like. I don't think I've managed to achive the same sense of progression in my other tracks (they're often a bit long and possibly don't move as fast as they should considering their length), which is part of the reason I'm so pleased with your comments, I thought it was something I'd never be able to do, though maybe this time it was just a fluke, lol.

The full name of the track is A Robot Eating Prunes On His Favourite Sofa, though myspace only allows the shorter name.

Thanks again, you've really made my day! =D mark

dr seuss said:
hey all,

this is something i'm working on just for kicks really :) i'd love any feedback people could give!

Aeon | Shimmer

http://www.aeonsound.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=33&func=fileinfo&id=7

[right click and 'save target as' to save]

i don't get much of a chance to buy / play / make this kind of music. it's in the vein of some Iboga stuff, and is very slow (about 128bpm). it's not what i usually do at all, but that makes it more fun to actually write :)

please let me know what you think!

production and synthesism is superb, really tastefully done, aptly titled too! Some of the floaty synths sound a lot like some of the Norsk Space Disco people (if you're familiar with them at all) who are great. How did you make them may I enquire? It's a great sound and you use it well.

There's something about the main rhythm that doesn't seem right to me at this tempo though, I think it'd be a lot better off with 2 claps (or other main upwards percussive noises) per bar, as opposed to centering around the one. At the moment it seems a little sparse and 'slow', to my ears at least, though perhaps this was the intention of the track, it certainly suits the mood the melodys and sounds create. Actually, having said that the more I listen the more I can get into the rhythm, and though I don't think I would be able to dj it, it's a lovely track.

dr seuss said:
Chaotic Grey | Perfect

the guitars are pretty pretty. it has that backwards-looking wistfulness.

not afraid to play with panning either which is excellent. the distorted drumloops and fx etc. are sweet... again, i'd really like to hear a full-quality version of this because it's tricky to figure out how well the sounds are incorporated. i feel i'm losing out on a lot of detail!

the chorus section is nice as well. i really like the melodic progressions throughout. the breakdown @ 2:18 is wicked. i love the processing on the vocals... unexpected, and awesome.

a while ago someone posted that one of my tracks really would sound better with a live drummer. and unless i'm mistaken i reckon the same is true (are you using midi / looped drums?) with this track.

the song construction is interesting and the essential simplicity of the basis of the song. everything works around that element which is really nice. i love the fact that the vocals only appear twice. and please, more of the sound-mangling glitchiness on the final vocal! :)

nice work!

Hey man, thanks much + a lot for the review....ghreat to hear so much feedback. Do you mind if I quote you on the myspace page?

Yeah everyone says that I need live drums. For that track I used Logic Pro's Rock Drum sampler, as well as some reaktor beats that I sliced the shit out of.

Maybe I'll sample some real drums into the keyboard and midi them sounds...any advice? I don't really have access to a drum room at the moment.

Thanks again

Suess, I've had a listen to your track! But only the once. Let me listen a few more times before I post some comments :)

AEON-Shimmer

Wow. Very hot production techniques. I like the almost Krautrock-type feel. Everything is nicely separated in this track. Smooth textures progress throughout, and it never stays too static. I like how it all kind of expands around the kick (which is quite, quit fat sounding). Intensity builds quite nicely. The ideas are all there too, with the Skinny Puppy-esque voices that hit unexpectedly. You must have some fat gear to make these sounds. What kind of outboard processors, if any are you using? Sounds like an eventide harmonizer to me. Definitely a Shopngle influence in here too no? All in all, very nicely done. The Production, engineering and fine detail are all creatively, as well as technically, very stunning. Perhaps we can work together someday?
Cheers and keep at it.
Silent

Aeon | Shimmer

Classy prog track! Some very subtle elements here, it's interesting how you've got a lot going on but the track remains spacious and minimal thoughout (probably partly to do the tempo). Great production value, everything is clean and "shimmery". Would be great to hear twisted. The vocal samples are a definate standout. If you don't mind me asking, are they from the brazillian sample disc that shpongle likes? I love that disc...

At this tempo you can afford to have a bit longer tail on your kick, have you played around with that? could work. Possibly bringing up the level of the bass might help a bit too (i'm listening thru monitors)

will write some more reviews soon

Here's a couple of my efforts. They're what i would call dirty electro noise tracks. Bit of an experiment. Got some vocoders and glitches in there too. Soon I'll have enough for a performance. Comments welcome.

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/file/2ml1i-Tau Muon - Button Pusher Baby.mp3 "Button Pusher Baby", direct link.

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/file/4sohr-Tau Muon - On sad voltages.mp3 "On sad Voltages", direct link

I'm also entered in a local competition called "unearthed", if you want to listen to a more dubby track i made, it's easy and you can review me to help my chances at airplay: www.triplejunearthed.com/TauMuon

thanks

Last edited:
illimex - crazy (illimex slow house mix)

Wow, I didn't realise this was a remix of one of my favorite tracks, before i listened to it... Pleasant surprise. Was this for a remix comp?

It's a good track. All the elements are there. It's simple and lets the lyrics dominate. You could try adding some bongos or some other housey percs. You must have learnt a few things writing this track, I know i would have. Perfect vocal manipulation/syncing etc.. It's not quite club quality imo yet but you're on your way.

I'll listen to some of your hip hop soon (a bit miffed i didn't hear your voice with this one) Keep writing, you got the skillz.

Status
Not open for further replies.