• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your Job and Your Drugs

I'm a chef. I'm taking a hiatus to quit Suboxone. I believe its day five now.

Right now I'm just sitting on some coin watching the market fluctuate.

I used to work at an attorney's office for 4 years. That job was beyond boring, tedious, lots of paperwork, reports, and busywork. Opiates made that time fly by and I was pleasant to my co-workers. When I didn't have pills, I would usually call out if I could afford to miss the time. Sometimes I would work a half day. If I had to work an entire day without pills, it was pure torture. I didn't function very well without. Drugs and employment go hand in hand for me. I've used at every job I've had.

I work in an academic environment; quite intense and requiring high-attention span most of the time... I'm always careful to plan time off when I know I'm going to have a big one but these things can't always be planned of course! When I was fresh out of university, I wouldn't be even slightly concerned about rocking up to work after no sleep / still high - doing lines in the loo to keep going and working through a horribly sketchy day. Eurgh, makes me shudder to think about it. These days: no way... I just don't think I could manage a day at work in such a state... I've definitely pulled a few sickies when I've had to avoid being fully functioning.

I work in media where liquid lunches and sniffing coke in the toilets is standard and pretty much accepted by higher management (they too are at it!)

I've heard of a large media company who could actually put their coke spend on their expenses so long as it was consumed with a client!

This is a blessing but also a bit of a nightmare as I can see myself getting too far into the scene and find myself with some hardcore addictions

deidara you dont have to answer this if you dont want to BUT how in the hell do you make more as a delivery driver than you did as a nurse tech? that's like 10/hr vs 15-20/hr where I live.

Damn dude, it was the exact opposite for me. As a tech I made 10.10/hr (14.10 on weekends) and as a driver I averaged around $60 for a 3 hr shift. I think it was because I worked downtown of a big city so we delivered lunch to all the hospitals, office buildings, and two universities. I just moved back to my hometown which is a lot smaller, and got another delivery job. Today was my first day and it is very slow around here compared to the city I was in. There, the drivers were in and out constantly, taking multiple orders at a time. Here, I had less than one delivery an hour! Painfully slow..

I'm self employed. I do have to meet with potential customers and supervise my workers so no drugs or alcohol. That's ok too though b/c I'm in recovery from dope(H) and dope(meth)

call center (inbound).

if it wasn't for benzos I probably wouldn't be able to deal with the bull shit customers put me through each day. about 80% think they're entitled to fucking everything and are pretentious, self-righteous douchebags with little to no respect.

the next time you call a CC, be nice to the person on the other line ;)

I am also self employed. I am lucky to use whatever I want, whenever I want, and do whatever I want. I can take a full week off if I wanted thankfully..but I do not abuse this.

Opiates,benzos and a few shots of vodka actually help me and make my job SOOOOOOOO much easier.

Great thread, I like to hear how others deal with drug use + work.

I used to work as a delivery driver. I'd always be on kratom (for back pain) and smoke weed while out on deliveries. I'd have done more if I had access to it. Though now I'm not working, my back problems got worse and I just can't.

Damn dude, it was the exact opposite for me. As a tech I made 10.10/hr (14.10 on weekends) and as a driver I averaged around $60 for a 3 hr shift. I think it was because I worked downtown of a big city so we delivered lunch to all the hospitals, office buildings, and two universities. I just moved back to my hometown which is a lot smaller, and got another delivery job. Today was my first day and it is very slow around here compared to the city I was in. There, the drivers were in and out constantly, taking multiple orders at a time. Here, I had less than one delivery an hour! Painfully slow..

I work as a delivery driver too. It's 8/hour but with tips more like 30-40/hour. Pretty good deal, I get to drive around town listening to music in my car and I can smoke if I want to. Weed is about the only drug I combine with work regularly. However, I don't smoke every day. Usually just when it's really slow, I'll smoke bowls or hit wax in my car. My other job is at my father's law firm and I'm always sober for that because I don't want to run into my dad high out of my mind. It's such a boring job though, I've done stimulants before which helped me get through the day and I wouldn't be opposed to being opiated while sitting in the godamn cubicle but that's not realy my scene

OPIATE LOVERS! what do you do for work?

they CLOSED this thread in the other forum I use for WHATEVER reason; anyway, see below.

there may be another thread some where about who does what for work but do you think we can FINALLY keep ONE of my posts out ON ITS OWN! I cant find it, nor do I care, because I want to know what OPIATE ONLY people do, not any kind of drug person.

anyway, for 7 years I did IT Recruiting/Staffing - corporate and agency work. tough, tho. cuz around lunch I'd have to speed to pick-up the dope and be back within an hour and have a GREAT afternoon.

during my clean period I was a trader/selling to the large computer builders; OEM/CM's who build for HP, Dell, Acer, etc. thats back to what I am doing now; it's what I did last time I was clean so once I got clean again I deiced to make the switch and decided to make the switch back and things have been great since.

I just needa OUT of the space where I used so much/frequently/problems. great decision by me thus far.

I have a reg. 9-5 as a trader in electronics but also work at a tattoo shop to help a friend out who owns it; that also started when I began to get clean; it gave me something ELSE to do besides USE. it helps me a lot. I just do a lot of front desk, paperwork, dealing with customers, drawing, etc at the shop. he barely pays me but tats me for free and my body is covered so all is good.

so, what do you do for work? typical 9-5? night gig? what?

^why " 'nuff said? " Are you actually a mechanic or...what?

I go to school for dental prosthetic technology in the day and also shadow in a dental prosthetics lab for experience. I fill molds and casts from impressions to make crowns, implants or dentures. Im in the process of learning to make crowns.

For side cash i have "sugar daddies" (i hate that term, calling a grown man 'daddy' is so perverse) pay the bills I dont want to pay myself.

^That's awesome. Making dental prosthetics. My former psychiatrist used to do that for a living and during our "sessions" I'd pick her brain about it. Cause I find it fascinating for whatever reason.
I'm a mechanic/service technician. Not enough said. It pays well and I'm good at it and that's about all there is to it.

I said that because I don't want people to start PM'ing me or asking me to help them find out what's wrong with their vehicle.
Everytime I post my occupation on a forum, it always ends up with people asking me a shit ton of questions about their shitbox vehicle.

& Yes, I really am a mechanic.

WHats a good shade tree way to separate a old bearing from the hub assembly without any power tools? Dont want to fuck the hub up