• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your Job and Your Drugs

my job is to legally sell a drug to people (alcohol)

and I generally try to smoke weed before I go in

go figure lol

My job (commercial fishing) requires a level of physical exertion & coordination such that drug use isn't very smart. I save any and all drug use for after the working day is finished (with the exception of caffeine).

me ive been out cutting with the chainsaw high on heroin and cocaine with nobody around for miles with my headphones on blasting rap music for years now. fuck if im not high then it sucks ive had so many 12 hour days out in the bush with my back and legs so dam sore puking all the time and feeling like I weigh a thousand pounds trying to handle a heavy chainsaw on no sleep. being dopesick at works sucks im the only one I know who can do it work for 12 hours straight while throwing up and dopesick from heroin I had another co worker back in the day(hes fired now) who used to phone in at least twice a week due to being sick and he was always sick casue he couldn't work enough hours to support his addiction but the reason he didn't work enough hours is because he was dopesick and too much of a pussy to work lol so he missed out on hours causing him to fall behind and not have money for much dope next payday see the vicious cycle lol he used to cry his eyes out to me begging me for dope all day everyday but I hated the fucker he was a piece of shit and was only there for so long before getting fired cause he was the boss's son. he wasn't even out in the bush like I was I had the hardest job I was the only person who had the chainsaw out there everyone else worked inside a building.

Currently my work is installing and resetting retail shelving systems, as well as doing some light commercial construction. I use buprenorphine at work every day, and it really helps with pain and fatigue, as well as increasing my energy level, as long as I remain active. Other than that l will only use caffeine at work, because I HAVE to stay alert and focus on details. I think my use at work is very beneficial, no cons that I've noted.

I wish I could smoke and/or do amps at work, but I'm on parole so that can't happen right now...

my job is sales and I am a dope fiend; do they go together? guess how you look at the dope fiend; I am always more of a fired up fiend than a nod fiend; although, if I know I have nothing to do that day I may shoot for the stars.

I work as a dishwasher, I basically need to be on kratom to work, sometimes I'll get a little amped before work too (not as much as when I'm just chilling, too much stimulation actually gets me spacing out). Basically everyone there knows I'm a stoner/psychedelic-head, never smoke at work though, all I wanna do stoned is relax so it's fighting getting any work done for me, and I realized a while ago that trying to be stoned always just doesn't work, kills the high & is actually worse for my ability to function than harder drugs, if only because I'm very lazy even without drugs & have such an addictive personality that weed's every bit as fiendish as kratom/amps (actually more because those last all day not a few hours, and I have a much longer history with weed).

me ive been out cutting with the chainsaw high on heroin and cocaine with nobody around for miles with my headphones on blasting rap music for years now. fuck if im not high then it sucks ive had so many 12 hour days out in the bush with my back and legs so dam sore puking all the time and feeling like I weigh a thousand pounds trying to handle a heavy chainsaw on no sleep.

Fuck, your life sounds brutal! I struggle through a 4 hour day working a desk job and use codeine, that's tough enough for me.

Back when I first got on methadone, I was working as an agency nurse. That means you go where they send you. I had just had my intake with a nurse practioner, you know having to show them your track marks and all. I had to take my pants off and show her my legs cuz I had to hide what I was doing. It turned out this nurse practitioner moonlighted as a supervisor at the one facility I was assigned to go to. I went in to see where I was supposed to go, and when I saw her, I nearly shit and had a heart attack on the spot. But, knowing HIPAA laws, I hoped they would prevail over being reported. I prayed and got my assignment. She barely looked twice at me, told me where to go and sent me on my way. I was paranoid for weeks that I would get a letter from the BON. I never did. I have been told if she would have said anything I could have sued her. I don't know for sure. I am so glad to be clean now, cuz things like that were scary as hell.

Use to work sales at a kiosk under the table ... 6 days a week open to close (8:30 am-9:30pm or 24 hrs Black Friday and 11pm weekends) ..

i use to do coke , E , had addys and Kpins , there was a bar right across from it so of drink too ...

It it all helped me but to this day idk if it helped me energy wise or just relaxing me and helping me forget how I'm stuck there that long (merchandise was easy to steal so I had to walk around it all day everyday ...and make sure no one stole ...it was annoyin) .

I'm a uni student and have never had a job but I spent the last year going to lectures/seminars high on coke or mephedrone a lot of the time and never got sussed. Wasn't high in either of my exams because of bad timing rather than being sensible but did the main part of my coursework fucked on drugs and still got a high 2.1 so guess it didn't do too much harm. Long may it last.

Im a dishwasher, and I'm usually on my adderall so im tweeking pretty decent or at least sped up. It was funny they were making a joke about shooting dope in the bathroom when people were outside smoking ciggs, and i have all my gear in my pocket waiting for them to go back inside to do a shot. funny as hell (to me at least). Like to also smoke herb if I got dope running through my system or some benzos handy. Work sober sucks ass, but I do see how it can be more productive sometimes, more in tune with people at least and not some anti social fucking mute who looks like theyre about to kill everybody. Adderall on its own gets too socially akward and intense.

I am an IT consultant and software designer/developer. I work at a large firm that is quite demanding of mid-level executives and my drug use is almost entirely devised to enhance mental performance. I consider it has been a success so far (20+ years) even makes me feel younger than my age (50) most of the time. My performance is well above average and this is largely due to my use of carefully titrated CNS stims, either RC's or prescribed.

When I want to do less drugs, i work more. One of my jobs however, is in a restaurant, and the staff all drink, and keep a full case of beer in the walk-in at all times, so about 1/4 of the time i work there I'm half-drunk, and occasionally a little stoned. One time I went in tripping o a low dose of acid and had a great time. My other job is doing construction, which I don't really think would be safe to do high, so I'm always sober as a duck when I'm doing that gig.

Ya I just started kitchen work and there are too many details at the moment to be high when I go in. Maybe in like 3 months I could do it stoned but right now probably not.

Until I get more hours or another gig I've been farming which is possible when hungover, tripping, whatever. I like farming a lot (livestock not produce)

I am an IT consultant and software designer/developer. I work at a large firm that is quite demanding of mid-level executives and my drug use is almost entirely devised to enhance mental performance. I consider it has been a success so far (20+ years) even makes me feel younger than my age (50) most of the time. My performance is well above average and this is largely due to my use of carefully titrated CNS stims, either RC's or prescribed.

That's the way to do it if you are going to use while working.

Personally, I use to get really high at my last job and it sucked, because work sucks already unless you are lucky enough or have worked hard enough to have found a line of work you are truly passionate about and you live for. But most people have not found that yet lol. So like someone said earlier in this thread, I like to keep work and drug use SEPARATE.

I want to get into a management type position (right now I need to just get any job in close proximity to my house as I don't have a license, and have no money to get it reinstated.)

I quit my last job (data-entry for a bank) because I started going to work high and smoking cannabis on breaks, and it just destroyed my will to be able to go into work early and associate with sober people. I developed this delusion that I was going to start growing pot and mushrooms and support myself from selling them.

So for me drugs and work can never go together. They must be separate, and even then if I cannot moderate my drug use to weekends only (I am an addict, who has yet to give up on the idea that moderation is possible, going to try it one last time before throwing in the towel) then I will abandon my drug use altogether so I can focus on building deeply satisfying relationships in my life and pursue a great career and not be hindered by addiction.

Basically I hate the feeling of doing work while intoxicated. I like to enjoy myself while high and unless one has a job - let's say at a head shop for instance (unless they are the manager and have a ton of paperwork to do maybe?) - then it's just not reality to go to work high and be successful in the long run for me personally for the type of work I see myself doing in the future.

Ya I just started kitchen work and there are too many details at the moment to be high when I go in. Maybe in like 3 months I could do it stoned but right now probably not.

Until I get more hours or another gig I've been farming which is possible when hungover, tripping, whatever. I like farming a lot (livestock not produce)

Bro do you seriously farm livestock while tripping? That sounds bonkers. But if you like farming livestock in general I guess it would be cool tripping.

That shit is almost as wonky as these brothers I heard about in a town next to where I went to high school who would dose LSD and then go out and find people to fight. Livestock farming trippers & Acid brawlers...some people just prefer different settings I guess?

That's the way to do it if you are going to use while working.

Yes but I am still an addict. Which proves that moderate and even productive addictions can exist. If one only does drugs to get high than you're right it will interfere with their work. Unless you can manage a work-mode usage and a party-mode usage. The trick then is to have few parties.

I want to get into a management type position

Don't be so sure unless you like to be referred to as "Smartass" or "Dick Sucker" by former colleagues ;).

I quit my last job (data-entry for a bank) because I started going to work high and smoking cannabis on breaks, and it just destroyed my will to be able to go into work early and associate with sober people.

Data entry sucks, sober or otherwise =D

Yes but I am still an addict. Which proves that moderate and even productive addictions can exist. If one only does drugs to get high than you're right it will interfere with their work. Unless you can manage a work-mode usage and a party-mode usage. The trick then is to have few parties.

Don't be so sure unless you like to be referred to as "Smartass" or "Dick Sucker" by former colleagues ;).

Data entry sucks, sober or otherwise =D

Data entry is hell. But it was for a really good bank and they had very nice perks like paid days off and half work days (like only 5 months out of the year was actually working 40 hours a week, yet we were still paid for 40 hours the other 6 months working on average 15-30 hours a week.) Lol, but I have worked other jobs, one was a really cool visual assistant position where I helped an artist setup visual displays for a business. It still sucked high. Every job I've had has sucked high (I'm strictly speaking cannabis, should have been more clear.)

I just have a gut instinct that if one wants to be the best they can be at work and find a job they really like, it's not going to happen if you are intoxicated on the job.

If you disagree by all means you have every right to. That's just my opinion.

Maybe I don't want to be management, but I am naturally a leader, and want to have a really great career someday. I just said management because I haven't thought too deeply on what exactly I want to do.

You seem very intelligent and capable of handling drug use while working.

Personally I can do no such thing. I am at a crossroads my friend. ;)

Bro do you seriously farm livestock while tripping? That sounds bonkers. But if you like farming livestock in general I guess it would be cool tripping.

That shit is almost as wonky as these brothers I heard about in a town next to where I went to high school who would dose LSD and then go out and find people to fight. Livestock farming trippers & Acid brawlers...some people just prefer different settings I guess?

No I don't farm while tripping since I have to drive to get there, but I would if I could. I just stick with my boss the entire time and I've known her for over 20 years.

Data entry is hell. But it was for a really good bank and they had very nice perks like paid days off and half work days (like only 5 months out of the year was actually working 40 hours a week, yet we were still paid for 40 hours the other 6 months working on average 15-30 hours a week.) Lol, but I have worked other jobs, one was a really cool visual assistant position where I helped an artist setup visual displays for a business. It still sucked high. Every job I've had has sucked high (I'm strictly speaking cannabis, should have been more clear.)

Cannabis is definitely not suited to work performance enhancing unless you're an artistic type whose creativity thrives on it. It's not subdued enough what with the pinkeye, the giggles, in brief makes you like you're having too much fun to be an asset. But this applies to most drugs as well. I can't imagine showing up at the office high on E even though I party with it. As for LSD... whoopee.

I just have a gut instinct that if one wants to be the best they can be at work and find a job they really like, it's not going to happen if you are intoxicated on the job.

If you disagree by all means you have every right to. That's just my opinion.

No offense taken, I appreciate people who voice their views a lot more than those who always agree just to be nice. It earns you respect and that's my favorite quality in people, it's a reliable binder that doesn't leave one having to guess what the other is really thinking all the time which is friggin' annoying.

Maybe I don't want to be management, but I am naturally a leader, and want to have a really great career someday. I just said management because I haven't thought too deeply on what exactly I want to do.

Now you do sound like leader material, I should have paid more attention when I read your initial post. I was distracted by other stuff at the time.

You seem very intelligent and capable of handling drug use while working.

I make do, but you're no dummy either. It's clear you think about what you mean to say before you post it. Sometimes I don't.

Personally I can do no such thing. I am at a crossroads my friend. ;)

Hang in there pal :)