• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Your favorite psychedelic, and why (Part 2)

What is your favorite psychedelic?

• LSD

Votes: 173 38.3%
  • Psilocybin mushrooms

Votes: 101 22.3%
  • Mescaline cacti

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • DMT/Ayahuasca

Votes: 14 3.1%
  • Hawaiian Baby Woodrose/Morning Glory seeds

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 36 8.0%
  • MDMA (or MDA)

Votes: 44 9.7%
  • DOC (or one of the other DOx's)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2C-B

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • 2C-I

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2C-E

Votes: 13 2.9%
  • 2C-T-x

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Some other lesser-known molecule

Votes: 27 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This survey shows LSD to have the highest rating, but because we don't know how many of those LSD-users have tried a good dozen or so of the others...who's to say they wouldn't like 2C-E or mescaline more if they had the oppertunity?

I grew up on LSD, so to speak. I have had well over one-hundred LSD experiences...so even though I've tried over 30 other psychedelics now...I still have more LSD experience.

Yet, after only three tries with 2C-E...that one by far takes the cake and blows LSD away. And nothing could ever be what 5-MeO-DMT is for me.

Rambling....just saying this kind of survey is flawed.

Last edited:
^having tried 20+ psychedelics LSD is still my favorite.
with DMT and 2c-e both in 2nd place.

anyway i agree with you either way. this survey is a bit flawed

I voted for LSD, behind that would be dxm(some of my best trips..), mushrooms, mda, and 5-meo-mipt, however, none of those can do what LSD does for me. Looking forward to ketamine, 2c-c, and 2c-e though.

Ketamine is in a different league...so I don't consider it in the same to compare. 2C-C is a joy, but it is very mellow and soft...if LSD is your standard, you may be dissapointed with 2C-C.

But 2C-E....like I said it blew LSD out of the water. And so clear-headed. The perfect material.

indeed 2c-c is very mellow

untill you hit the right dosage that is.

i found that at 80-110mg 2c-c can be just as in your face as 2c-e, mushrooms, lsd etc

And untill recently 2c-c was my favorite 2c after 2c-e. But now 2c-b holds that spot inside my heart.
Its hard to describe how beautiful 2c-b can actually get.

YEah, I've never taken 2C-C above 50mg. ANd I'd bet that even at 80mg-100mg...it will still be easy on the body. But in all honestly, I have far more interest in trying 2C-D at dosages of 80mg-100mg. I just find 2C-D far more rewarding than 2C-C...and since my experiments are few these days...2C-D is the one I will try first at those dosages.

As for 2C-B...I've always been dissapointed with it...until about two months ago when I took it at the Rainbow Gathering. That was a great trip...though I associate it more with set/setting than I do with the quality of 2C-B. The one thing 2C-B has going for it, is ease of consumption. I mean that (for me) there is no real bodily impact. Very easy psychedelic. I've gone up to 36mg with it.

Actually I recently had a great 2C-B trip, and I agree... that material can be extraordinarily psychedelic. Actually it was extremely thought-provoking and gorgeous, although it didn't hold a candle in completeness to 2C-E.

Xorkoth said:
Actually I recently had a great 2C-B trip, and I agree... that material can be extraordinarily psychedelic. Actually it was extremely thought-provoking and gorgeous, although it didn't hold a candle in completeness to 2C-E.

Agreed. I don't even think it holds a candle to 2C-D. The thing 2C-B really has going for it, is its ease. While some report issues...for the most part, 2C-B is extrodinarily easy on the body...in fact it feels fantastic. Add to the fact that it is very visual, and short acting, and FANTASTIC with an intimate partner (I never had sex on 2C-B until my last experience) and we see what makes 2C-B a winner.

However, even with my last experience in mind (which was grand) I still don't think 2C-B stands in the same catagory as 2C-E (as you mention), 2C-T-7, or even 2C-D.

Though I have only had two 'full' experiences with 2C-D...both were amazing and it is easy to tell how well 2C-D works for me. Contrast that with over a dozen 2C-B experiences (of which only two were really memorable...one being in combination with MDMA). I dunno, even though my 2C-D experiences were on the mild side...there was still so much content and depth to it. And it has the same bells and whistles as 2C-B (short, easy on the body, visual.)

I am definitely going to explore 2C-D a lot further, and am excited to see what this compound really can do when I take it up to the 80mg level. My highest dosage so far has been 40mg. And I hear from folks there is a great difference between 40mg and 50mg.

I still for the life of me am clueless how Shulgin could dismiss 2C-D as he did. But then he raved about 5-MeO-DiPT. I guess we are all different. And the German psychotherapy using 2C-D (they called it "LE-25") shows it really does have therapuetic applications. And it is all over at T+4hr. Doesn't get any better. I really am glad I stocked up on 2C-D...this is one that I will always want in my arsenal.

2C-B seems to have a unique aspect to it that I haven't really found with other 2Cs. It seems to really emphasize the "read between the lines" aspect of reality (as described by a certain report on Erowid). It really got right down into the details of the infinity within everything in a unique way. Not as direct as 2C-E, but much more beautiful and clear-headed (than high-dose world-shattering 2C-E anyway... during that trip my head was too preoccupied with awakening into the singular universal consciousness to really think about anything very consistently).

Keeeeeetttttttaaaaamiiiiineeeeeeeee!!!

Drowns out the world and creates a space which can be manipulated into almost anything the user wants it to be. Well, thats how it goes for me, taken with plenty of cannabis produces a delightful, short lasting trip.

MDMA

I've done plenty of LSD and psilocybin along with many of the others listed but MDMA has and always will be my favorite pysch. In fact, I think I am done with all of them except for the occasional roll. I can definatly say I will never use mushrooms again.

For spiritual advancement, LSD. The realizations (spiritual and otherwise) I receive on LSD are generally mind-blowing though often scary. I don't consider MDMA a psychedelic, although I love it. I love stimulants too, though that's a digression.

Trogdor said:
lol. I completely disagree that it's hard to find. Peyote's not the only mescaline-containing cactus....

mmm...... I can't believe people don't use Google.

Breakbeat_Child said:
I take it you must not like tripping that much if your complaining about how long it last.

Some people have schedules. Work/school/parents/teachers - etc. The list goes on for many of us.

LSD

LSD is by far my favorite psychedelic! its soo beautiful and magical that it just opens my mind to such amazingness. I love it!!! in all doses too...i love the light psychedelic experience acid can proved when you do not want to lose your mind just feel the slight tingle and enlightened vision. However those full blown acid trips that take you to other worlds and make you cry because you are soo full of happiness i adore as well. Out of all the times i tripped on acid and other things, 3 lsd trips stand out more then most. all were with my best friend and we both were just overwhelmed by the beauty of life n the world. Surprisngly all 3 times is was just 2 hits that set us off into this beautiful lazy river of contentment. Dont get me wrong i'm a girl who loves my shrooms and research chem's, but acid is first and formost for me!

i think that if everyone took a good dose at least once and where in a good environment they could see the beauty each of us posses and the power the green leaves of the trees have and the buterfly's that set our path as we follow them. i'm sorry i'm rambling....i just really believe that lsd can enlighten you to see the beauty of it all even if your in the darkest corner.

I had to make a choice between mushrooms and MDMA.
I chose for mushrooms as they have given really valuable insights. MDMA is more of a feeling that sticks with me for a long time, which is very valuable to me too.

Mushrooms are great, they offer a lot of introspection, they're short but at the same time have insane time dialation making the trip seem twice as long(have you ever tripped without looking at a watch??). They can be very forcefull but also very gentle depending on dose and set & setting - if you have nothing to distract yourself you won't be able to look way. My brain works at hyperspeed and I'm very good at analyzing.

"MDMA is not a frickin' psychedelic. It's just NOT"
Whaaat? So is it a downer, or an upper, or a dissociative? It's a psychedelic, and that's what it is.

I don't see how you can say that and then go to say that K is your favorite psychedelic. Quite ironic. IMO K, DXM and PCP threads should belong in the "other drugs" forum because they(the first two) never gave me any insights whatsoever.

Its hard to say, but I think between all the jungle highs and RC i would have to go with mushrooms because they get me the numbest.

Status
Not open for further replies.