• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your encounters with pharmacists

Survival0200

Bluelighter
Have you had any encounters with pharmacists that you remember and would like to share?

Many times when I go get my antipsychotics from the pharmacy they treat me like vermin - like really bold behaviour. And then they say there's no stigma associated with mental health issues in 2022 anymore!

We have codeine cough syrup OTC over here. I had a flu, and really didn't feel well enough to go the pharmacy myself. I told my girlfriend to go and buy it for me. Guess what? They didn't sell it to her! She was mad as hell, because they treated her as she was a junkie. In the end, I had to go there myself and after many questions they finally sold it to me. I wasn't feeling well at all and had to leave the house the get a lousy codeine syrup (with lots of sorbitol and practically non-abusable).

i felt that i was treated very unprofessionally as one of them laughed , sneered and took the piss that i was prescribed such a small amount of diazepam one time (it was for a medical procedure) GP understood im not great with close contact for medical procedures or checks and decided to help me out, as if a benzo tolerance is something to belittle others other i used to take lots of the stuff years ago, now i use it very very few and far between and as a tool.

Way back in the wayback machine, I walked into a pharmacy and asked for Ephedrine. Pharmacist told me it was illegal to sell me. I walked over to the asthma medication (where it was combined with a small amount of Phenobarbital) and he said, "Allright, allright, let me do this." and made me up some Ephedrine sulphate capsules.

Bull fucking shit. If I have a legit script from a legit doctor than I don't want to hear any noise about filling it. Pharmacists shouldn't even exist (except in hospitals), all they do is put pills in bottles. A robot could do a better job.
some pharmacist do more then that but I can see how some might think that

Bull fucking shit. If I have a legit script from a legit doctor than I don't want to hear any noise about filling it. Pharmacists shouldn't even exist (except in hospitals), all they do is put pills in bottles. A robot could do a better job.
Just because you've had some shitty encounters you shouldn't denigrate a whole profession. A pharmacy degree takes on average 5 yrs to acquire. They don't just 'put pills in bottles'. A pharmacist will often know more about contraindications, side effects etc of specific medications than the prescribing doctor, because the in-depth chemistry of drugs isn't the doctor's area of expertise.

That said a pharmacist has no business going against doctor's orders, unless the doctor has made a glaring mistake (ie prescribed a medicine that would be risky for the patient to take), in which case the matter needs to be taken up with the physician in question. Unfortunately there's people who act unprofessionally in every job. I've had some unnecessary personal judgement and snarky comments myself, or been kept waiting for no reason, specially when picking up methadone.
Though in my case it was usually the assistants rather than the actual pharmacist giving me shit.

When i was on methadone, some pharmacists could be condescending judgemental cunts. But generally speaking they were usually OK. Just like people really... :\

I went into a new pharmacy once with a prescription for Mandrax. When the pharmacist filled it and handed me the bag, he told me not to come back. My hair was 3/4 down to my waist and I did get them for the Johnny Winter concert, so I wasn't too upset with him. There was nothing wrong with his vision. My bad. Lol!

I went into a new pharmacy once with a prescription for Mandrax. When the pharmacist filled it and handed me the bag, he told me not to come back. My hair was 3/4 down to my waist and I did get them for the Johnny Winter concert, so I wasn't too upset with him. There was nothing wrong with his vision. My bad. Lol!
Love me some Johnny Winter. Think I'll go post "Dallas" in the "Americana" music thread.

Used to have a Pharm Tech that would fill my 90ct 2mg Alprazolam & Buproprion script when I was overprescribed at one point and she’d just grin when handing me the bag. Class girl.

I felt the need to keep changing pharmacists until I found one that would just do their jobs without judging me. My most recent one took time to warming up to me while realizing they’re making a lot of money for OAT and are now grateful for my business.

there are pharmacist out there that know drug interactions and do have some compounding experience etc.