• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your encounters with pharmacists

Our local big box chain (not Wal) pharmacy just refused to honor a discount card on some expensive eye drops for my lady. The requirements listed are that you are "not eligible for reimbursement from Medicare or govt. insurance". Milady is on Medicare, but not eligible to use it for these drops. No where near eligible, never eligible for pharmacy drugs of any sort, no drug plan.

You have to sign up for part A Medicare when you reach 65 even if you continue working. It's essentially a place holder and your work insurance is what you use. You are eligible for drugs only in very limited circumstance and only administered in a hospital. Part A is your "medical emergency like a car wreck" insurance and Medicare would only kick in as a secondary after huge bills anyway.

Pharmacy has been refusing to honor the discount card, saying "she has Medicare".

We called the eye drop manufacturer and discount card issuer. They confirmed that milady was eligible for the card since she was in no possible way eligible for reimbursement from Medicare. They gave us a number for the pharmacy to call to clear up their error.

Pharmacy keeps repeating that "she has Medicare". They have been refusing to read the requirements more closely and refusing to call the card issuer.

Rewind a year...

I was getting a flu shot at another big chain pharmacy and the "pharmacist" slams the plunger so hard that the vaccine runs down my arm and drips off my elbow. I question this and she says that, "It's enough, and we can't medically give you more anyway." I get home and check CDC guidelines and you can give another shot in 24 hours. I call and inform, they still refuse.

I call the big box chain and, apparently, they don't control the pharmacy. Pharmacy is a separate entity. A number of calls ensue while I get the number of the head honcho at the chain "managing" the pharmacy. My request to get a message to him is "lost" two or three times but I suddenly get a call from a suddenly sunny pharmacist asking me to come in for my flu shot.

So, I guess I'm going to have to put on my "Karen" shoes to get my woman's eye drops as well.

Moral: Service is slap hazard and sucks in general since Covid anyway, but more pertinent to the thread...

Anytime you give a job having "policing" powers to average Joe's with little to no oversight, you will attract and even make the kind of tin pot dictator types who applied to be hall monitors in high school.
The TSA is another example.
These abuses of power extend to non-psychoactive drugs as well.

i felt that i was treated very unprofessionally as one of them laughed , sneered and took the piss that i was prescribed such a small amount of diazepam one time (it was for a medical procedure) GP understood im not great with close contact for medical procedures or checks and decided to help me out, as if a benzo tolerance is something to belittle others other i used to take lots of the stuff years ago, now i use it very very few and far between and as a tool.
When I was taking 0.25mg of Zoloft after my friend killed himself, I had a doctor do something like this saying "Oh come on take more! That's the dose for old women!"

I had told her how 25mg worked fine and I did not want to take more.

Also I started seeing a different doctor, and when he asked if I smoked I told him how I did smoke pot and hash, because I certainly did. He assumed I smoked it daily as much as possible. I told him "No I smoke it on weekends, maybe three times a month at most when I don't have classes and I am done with work." He then told me not to sit in a car with people smoking weed or hash because I would then without a doubt fail a drug test. I never went back.

When I was taking 0.25mg of Zoloft after my friend killed himself, I had a doctor do something like this saying "Oh come on take more! That's the dose for old women!"

I had told her how 25mg worked fine and I did not want to take more.

Also I started seeing a different doctor, and when he asked if I smoked I told him how I did smoke pot and hash, because I certainly did. He assumed I smoked it daily as much as possible. I told him "No I smoke it on weekends, maybe three times a month at most when I don't have classes and I am done with work." He then told me not to sit in a car with people smoking weed or hash because I would then without a doubt fail a drug test. I never went back.
they dont seem to make sense to me at all some of them, very frustrating