• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

You Might Be A Junkie If... v. Oops, I nodded with the needle still in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

I have done this, forgotten I did so, and come across bags out of dumb luck. Of course that led to me ripping rooms apart every time I got dope sick, just in case.

Or along that line, if you stash some cash somewhere when you have extra so you won't find it until truly needed. I can remember being so sick I could barely stand, yet I almost did a dance when I came across the $75 I had stashed a few weeks ago in some clothes in the closet!

You might be a junkie if you know your mailman's entire route and hunt him down rather than waiting on a check to be delivered to your house, because you live on the absolute last block on his route and you could get the check, cash it, cop, and feel better hours before it would arrive if you didn't stalk the mailman. Oh, and you do this weekly

Made me seriously LOL

You consume 1 or more street/recreational substances daily, and if not you don't feel normal, depressed, anxious, and/or go through WD's.

Your quality of life is decreased by this/these drug(s).

You are reclusive or antisocial unless your high or maintained on your DOC.

You have been to rehab multiple x's or detoxes.

You're told you need to stay off all recreational substances and use AA/NA/12-step programs to be functional.

You steal from others/stores/your job or sell your prized possessions to obtain a days worth/temporary amount of drug(s).

You consume 1 or more street/recreational substances daily, and if not you don't feel normal, depressed, anxious, and/or go through WD's.

Your quality of life is decreased by this/these drug(s).

You are reclusive or antisocial unless your high or maintained on your DOC.

You have been to rehab multiple x's or detoxes.

You're told you need to stay off all recreational substances and use AA/NA/12-step programs to be functional.

You steal from others/stores/your job or sell your prized possessions to obtain a days worth/temporary amount of drug(s).

Quoting for bein fuckin spot on

When the only contacts in your phone are the people you hook up on a daily basis/dealers you call to hook people up.
And that's your only source of reliable "income". (More like only fix of the day due to lack of money or things to sell)

On that note, you are looking or a legitimate job and get a callback from a potential employer who wants to have an interview, but instead, you ignore the call and get back to texting your dealer about hooking said people up.

Then when you are looking for a job thinking "How the hell am I even going to be able to keep this job if I get it?", the the intrusive thought pops up with, "well if you had a job, you can have money for opiates."...." BUT if you have opiates, chances are, you won't hold a job for long..."
and you try your damndest to tell yourself that you can do it this time, that you can hold a job without getting fired due to drug use...
99.999% of the time ending in failure.

Priorities... 8(

If you're sitting on the floor of a bus station bathroom too sick to get up and get water from the sink, so you pull out 30 units of toilet water just to get it in...

Life without high ain't life.

This might be the core of all indeed.

I'm thinking every other day about that stuff. I'm not physically addicted. I'm not escalating dosages. I'm not escaping from reality any more but actually enhancing it. The positives I get from using drugs as tools do so much outweigh the negatives for me personally. It's just about the price and the social stigma. But the thing about the cravings, and that life without being high is somewhat boring remains ...

You might be a junkie if ! When your on who wants to be a millionaire you can't call a friend because you have no credits, or friends.

You may be a junkie if ! You write out your reduction program, beginning tomorrow morning.( again ). Or say cheers mate your a diamond, after stood in the fxxxing freezing rain, waiting to get served, or fxxxing arrested.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be a junkie if...

You have vivid dreams about shooting dope

All your bedsheets have cig burns from nodding out

Your family doesn't trust you with their scripted narcotics

You have drug charges

Nobody ever believes you when you say you're sober

You randomly find old used rigs while looking through your belongings

Most of your friends are junkies

Your boyfriend is a junkie

That's all I got for now besides shit that's already been said.

Yeah leaving needles around everywhere is typical junkie behavior, fucking hate that shit.

Yeah leaving needles around everywhere is typical junkie behavior, fucking hate that shit.

I know what you're talking about. Some of my friends just throw them everywhere! But occasionally I'll be looking through an old box of my stuff and find one, I wouldn't leave shit like that lying around cause my brother might find it and flip shit lol.

If you keep using h you might end up a junkie yourself, G. Not trying to borrow trouble or be an asshole cause you're my buddy and I <3 you but it happens.

You can be a junkie and not be an IV user, though. Right? I've known people I would classify as "junkies" who just smoke tar.

As far as "junkie" can be defined as someone who makes really poor choices on a regular basis that involve drugs, been there done that pretty much

For some people the term 'junkie' is equally to 'drug user' 8)

Your family doesn't trust you with their scripted narcotics
All your bedsheets have cig burns from nodding out
leaving needles around everywhere is typical junkie behavior
This is true ...

You have drug charges
... but this not. Just fucking coincidence. In my case it was about MXE. I want to see the person who gets charged for an illegal possession of Prozac (because I really used MXE as a superior antidepressant that finally made me productive-now I'm just sitting in front of my internet again.. )!

You can be a junkie and not be an IV user, though. Right? I've known people I would classify as "junkies" who just smoke tar.

As far as "junkie" can be defined as someone who makes really poor choices on a regular basis that involve drugs, been there done that pretty much

Personally I define a junkie as someone who is addicted the the intravenous use of opiates.. everyone has different definitions though.

You might be a junkie if your family gives you an ultimatum, "Us or the drugs", and you choose the drugs. Even though you really don't want to choose the drugs... deep down... you just don't want the drugs anymore, but you need the drugs to not feel sick. Then feel guilty about going out and using drugs, so you use more drugs to escape unpleasant feelings of guilt and shame, and promise yourself this is the last time. Every single time.

You might be a junkie if your family gives you an ultimatum, "Us or the drugs", and you choose the drugs. Even though you really don't want to choose the drugs... deep down... you just don't want the drugs anymore, but you need the drugs to not feel sick. Then feel guilty about going out and using drugs, so you use more drugs to escape unpleasant feelings of guilt and shame, and promise yourself this is the last time. Every single time.

This probably yes.

We definitely need to invent a new term. We have junkie drugs that cause said situation, and we have recreational drugs that do not ... and everything in-between ...

Spend all your money on weed instead of going to one of your favourite bands with your friends.

For some people the term 'junkie' is equally to 'drug user' 8)

This is true ...

... but this not. Just fucking coincidence. In my case it was about MXE. I want to see the person who gets charged for an illegal possession of Prozac (because I really used MXE as a superior antidepressant that finally made me productive-now I'm just sitting in front of my internet again.. )!

Hence the word "might"

Most junkies I know have at least one drug charge. Like Burnt Offerings said, it comes down to poor judgement and bad choices.. Being intoxicated in public, for example.

You MIGHT be a junkie if your brother accused you of stealing his tramadol, only to find them under his bed later that day.

Little turd never apologized either.

Status
Not open for further replies.