• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

you might be a jaded raver if....(i thought this was funny)

'cause yer a dumb slut who dosent get the joke
smile.gif

heheh
------------------
this one time, at band-camp...i stuck a flute in my pussy.

wow you've all had experiences in life. we should all be so impressed. you know a promoter and a dj. owwww. that's hot. white hot. naw, now i'm just kidding around. mostly picking on myself. i feel the same way sometimes about different aspects of my life. its good to recognize when you are no longer creating/growing/moving/gathering/and so forth from a thing...keeps you looking a bit ahead. enough of that. i had a good laugh and even if i didn't that doesn't mean its not funny. take care. ray

You either know the promoter, the dj, are on the list, or can get in for free.
That's like "beginner / intermediate jaded" for "advanced jaded", it's more like:
-You laugh at people who claim to know this promoter or that dj, because you ARE a promoter / dj AND you're so much better than that other guy.
and for "Über jaded" it's:
-You used to be a big-name DJ / producer, but you've now retired to a hut in Anjuna to produce music and meditate, and emerge from your self imposed solitude once in a blue moon to play at a free beach party.
-You no longer refer to parties as "parties" but as "Spiritual Gatherings"
[This message has been edited by Stan C (edited 28 April 2000).]

since i cant start a new thred, ill annouce this here, cuase this happend to be the one i am reading at the time.
ladies and gentleman, i am gonna go take a crap.
-Spencer

hey spencie.
i'm goin down to your thing tomorrow at the zero something or rather/.. or should i put that in the meet up ray

Well I figure I'd do it. Eh. Two months ago I would have done worse but I've been trying to have more fun recently by letting kids be kids (not young kids, that still makes me sick, but KIDS BE KIDS) ya know? so I think i'm alright...
69.3 % jaded.
wink.gif

Pyro

80% here!
I'm glad I'm not the only one, (and that others have a sense of humor about it too!)

Oh this just fucked out my day, I thought I was too new school to be jaded... guess not.
It made me laugh only cause most of it was true. Ignorance is bliss in "the scene" hehe

--You knew all the Djs now currently in your scene before they had ever touched a record. (not really a jaded thing, more of a "i've been around too long" thing ... which is kind of hand in hand...... )
--You are humiliated by any pictures of you wearing candy anything, and have ever said "I was really stupid back then"
--Your 'best friends' now have regular names (chuck, mike, laura) instead of raver names (LyndsEy, FirEball, SmilEy) and you NEVER want to go back to the raver names.
--You stop doing ecstasy and starting doing various types of speed (leagal and illegal) so you can "party sober" and "not look fucked up and grose".
--you stop initiating conversations with random people
--You always stand in front of the crowd while the dj spins (who is your close friend), not dancing, nodding your head to the music, resisting the urge to attack the person who just sprayed water all over the front of the crowd consequently spraying your glasses making it impossible for you to see through them. This is annoying now because they were already greasy from the air and wiping them off will only spread this grease and funk and now you have to go the rest of the night without them on and you don't have good vision to start with and you REALLY REALLY want to attack that person... really really.
... ok this last one was just me but i think it *could* be universal.
wink.gif

Pyro

Wow! I had no idea that I was a 53% jaded raver. A lot of things I would've said yes to before I had ever gone to a party, however.
And this just made me wonder, am I the only one who's been in this for more than five years, is still relatively candy, _and_ loves jungle? Just curious.
------------------
Reinvent yourself as needed.

wow so many of you all are core...
but wait, i think it goes "i think therefore i am" not "i think i am therefore i am"

-You can't wait till the end of the night, so you can go home and play your proper records
smile.gif

Jase.

I said yes to many of the questions except the candy ones... Im not completely candy, but I have some bracelets(emphasize "some") that I wear because they are important to me... Maybe its just symbolic of my attitude, but what can be gained from being unfriendly... Ive been in "the scene" for almost 7 years, and many of my friends are now promoters/dj's... I also spin and know quite a bit about the equipment/music... I personally feel horrible every time I do something that could be interpreted as mean... Maybe Im a wierdo, but I like the Drum & Bass/ Jungle Scene and I can hang with the best of them dancin' My personal favorite thing to do is go into the Jungle room and step up to one of those "I'm cool and I hate candy" types and completely blow them away on the dance floor... Needless to say they invariably mope away without any props/introductions etc... Whats up with the agression/ego trip all you guys are on??? I just like to dance and meet new people who like to dance... I don't want to prove that Im better or know more ppl/have more connections than anyone else...
Yeah I can get 4 beans for the price that most people pay for one... Does that make me better than the newbies??? So what do I do? I give them to the newbies for what i paid... How cool would it have been if someone had done that for you back then??? Its all about Karma... If you don't contribute anything to "the scene" then you're not going to get anything back... By the way... I hate to say it but Im about 75% jaded... (at least by the test...) I don't feel jaded though... Good post... I think a lota good thoughts are comin from it...
-Caleb-
------------------
"Mean People Suck"

i'm sending this to my jaded raver b/f.
------------------
Happiness is what you make of it. Hug like you mean it.
~~E-girl
X-cuse me... are you gonna eat that whole thing?

where did raverbunnie76 go?
------------------
this one time, at band-camp...i stuck a flute in my pussy.