• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

you accidentally underdose on a psychedelic - what do you do?

Accidentally "underdosing" on a psychedelic- what do you do next?

• Ride out what trip you have

Votes: 65 33.7%
  • Eat more/different psychedelic

Votes: 81 42.0%
  • Abort half-tripping state with benzos etc.

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Add "supplements" until satisfied

Votes: 34 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
x<2 hours than redose. Any longer and its eh. But if your rolling balls shit son you better be dosing nicely.....especially after the roll if u wanna stay up for the after party. unless its MDA than redose you rolls

I had to think about which one to check, because my usual plan of action is to get really drunk. Now, this does have some effect in terms of decreasing the action of the psychedelic, but it more often just adds an element of fun and ease that otherwise would be replaced by anxiousness and disapointment

If its still kinda fun, I'll ride it out and try to enjoy it or go about my day.

if its just annoying and imparing, but not fun, I'll abort with seroquel/compazine and phenazepam/clonazepam.

Why the hell would you eat more psychedelics? To me that seems like the worst thing to do. I have overdosed a few times on psychs and I never had any downers to help me get over the trip which was to over whelming for me. I just rode it out in a safe place with a sitter.

Anyone said:
Why the hell would you eat more psychedelics? To me that seems like the worst thing to do. I have overdosed a few times on psychs and I never had any downers to help me get over the trip which was to over whelming for me. I just rode it out in a safe place with a sitter.

Underdose, not overdose.

LOL.

Anyone else notice that acid has a sort of breakthrough effect. eg lets say you have a potent blotter and you take a quarter and feel nothing, the next time you take a half blotter of the exact same stuff and get overwhelmed by it's potency? Like you perceive more than double the effects, and you've crossed over the threshold dose that is needed to activate it, even though you've only doubled the dose.

I've noticed this with acid but never shrooms. It's weird... I've heard DMT (and salvia) is similar, eg 10mg (I'm guessing, arb number) could leave you feeling almost nothing but hitting 15mg could be just enough to "get the engine to turn over" and activate warp drive and tear apart the time space continuum.

I spose this is what could make topping up your dose on certain psychedelics a bit tricky...

Why would you underdose in the first place? If I trip, I make sure I've got enough to get fucked up beyond belief. I don't stop until I'm fucking Marilyn Monroe in a pig ridden belly whale on a north pole glacier.

Leo, I'm concerned about you.

Underdoses are serious.

Hahaha....

I can't say if I've ever under-dosed...

I've been sold the shady chocolate in my day, but weed and fire poi cure all. If the environment is right, i wont really notice an underdose. I enjoy a light trip now and again also. Too many variables for me to vote. :-(

If i ever start to lose my shit off lsd i always eat about 6 mgs of xanax.

if i start to lose my shit off mushrooms - i ride it out - because thats why i eat mushrooms - i fucking hate them but need a reality check every once in a while.

feelgoodhit said:
I repeat guys, UNDERdose. not overdose.

It can be a very healthy/righteous experience to lose your shit every once in a while on high dosages of psychedelics. I would not recomend doing it if you are an unexperienced user often - but if you are even new to it - you need to lose your shit at least once - it will make you closer to yourself and reality.

If I underdose on a psychedelic with a long onset time, I'll just smoke a load of bud, do some ketamine and ride it out. If it's something I can easily top up with then I'll do that.

B1NGER said:
It can be a very healthy/righteous experience to lose your shit every once in a while on high dosages of psychedelics. I would not recomend doing it if you are an unexperienced user often - but if you are even new to it - you need to lose your shit at least once - it will make you closer to yourself and reality.

no, I agree, but I'm just saying it sounded like you thought I was asking about overdoses. I wasn't, I was asking what you do if you underdose.

ah well, miscommunication.

Ever overdosed on a psychedelic? Those are the trips you hear about when people can't speak and actually go insane that maybe leading to perma-fry afterwards.

Now what do you do in those situations?

my first reaction when somebody tells me about a trip leading to long-term insanity and a "perma-fry" is disbelief and a feeling of "like I haven't heard that before".

hey guise, my friend's friend's roommate took LSD and thought he turned into a glass of orange juice...

I'm not saying psychedelics can't have negative consequences, because trust me, I very recently experienced them. however, alot of those descriptions usually just sound like drug war propaganda.

as for what to do in the situation of taking too much, if I knew the answer to that I wouldn't be reeling from my last acid trip right now. 8o

I'm tempted to remove the "under" part of "underdose" in the title, just to see what happens you know ;)

FGH time is a good cure for whatever ails you I reckon.

I suppose you're stressing & wondering how you camme to end up in that situation, well I reckon we all think we have a greater degree of control than we really do have. What you described as happening is possibly just a result of deep fears about various issues. Do you have any thoughts upon why you acted as you did?

yeah I have a few thoughts on the matter... I don't blame LSD really, as Shulgin points out repeatedly it is merely a catalyst.

I still don't know if this affected anything, but I'd taken 50mg aMT a couple days before that. also, the night that I dropped, I was kind of unsure about what day I should do it, and wishing my girlfriend could join me.

other than those few things, I don't really know. maybe I was just really paranoid about police deep down.

oh, also, I'd recently had a conversation with someone about the possibility of another Operation Webtryp coming our way soon.

conversation with someone about the possibility of another Operation Webtryp coming our way soon

:( Wouldn't be surprising...

that definitely affected my trip - it went from I'm being raided to THIS IS THE NIGHT OF WEBTRYP PART II! FUCK!

^also your dose was pretty high.

funny things happen on high doses.

i save those experiences for safe settings, good set, hand full of benzos and definately no parents around.