• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

you accidentally underdose on a psychedelic - what do you do?

Accidentally "underdosing" on a psychedelic- what do you do next?

• Ride out what trip you have

Votes: 65 33.7%
  • Eat more/different psychedelic

Votes: 81 42.0%
  • Abort half-tripping state with benzos etc.

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Add "supplements" until satisfied

Votes: 34 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I ride it out, but I seem to be in the minority and really enjoy low dose trips, so take that for what its worth.

Opiates go great with a half-tripping state as well. I think that they are superior to benzos for this purpose. They don't kill the trippy edge, they just round it off quite nicely.

Roger&Me said:
One word:

Ketamine.

It can completely save a situation like that.

agreed

Roger&Me said:
Opiates go great with a half-tripping state as well. I think that they are superior to benzos for this purpose. They don't kill the trippy edge, they just round it off quite nicely.

dude... its like we share a brain or something

Oh my god I thought the title of the poll was "You accidentally OVERDOSE on a psychedelic - what do you do?"

I would like to change my answer to "Eat more/different psychedelic" instead of "Ride out whatever trip you have"

Silly me =D

It depends. I voted D because I usually take my psychedelics at one time, so if it's not as powerful as I expected I'm SOL, and even when I'm just lightly tripping I would prefer not to go out seeking more drugs, but someone I'm with usually has pot if I don't, and that synergizes well with most psychs. In the rare case that no has anything extra to add to the mix I just ride it out.

Typically gonna go with A, I tend towards conservatism with my dosing schedules. It can be hard to find that sweet spot, but I'd rather deal with a mild body load and be in bed relatively soon than overshoot and spend 20+ hours in a melting mindfuck.

And benzo abortion for the lose!

n3ophy7e said:
Oh my god I thought the title of the poll was "You accidentally OVERDOSE on a psychedelic - what do you do?"

I would like to change my answer to "Eat more/different psychedelic" instead of "Ride out whatever trip you have"

Silly me =D

I changed your vote :)

I've done 'em all depending on situation/substance.

I thoroughly agree that half-tripping is indefensible.

I also quite enjoy low-dose trips sometimes, though, but then I'm contrary like that :).

im in a situation like this AS WE SPEAK! 1st time trying lsd...

i at some breakfast and about 10 minutes later (too soon?) ate a sugar cube, i got it off a mate so i have no idea of the dosage but almost 2hrs in and no visuals, no mental effect at all. i just feel tired and lazy, and im a little more focussed on bright colours than usual

dont have any more so i guess ill just do it on an empty stomach next time, bit of a bummer lol

neverjiggy said:
im in a situation like this AS WE SPEAK! 1st time trying lsd...

i at some breakfast and about 10 minutes later (too soon?) ate a sugar cube, i got it off a mate so i have no idea of the dosage but almost 2hrs in and no visuals, no mental effect at all. i just feel tired and lazy, and im a little more focussed on bright colours than usual

dont have any more so i guess ill just do it on an empty stomach next time, bit of a bummer lol

Sorry bro, more than likely bunk/extremely weak. Acid even at low doses doesn't make me lazy, much less tired.

Give it another try with different doses, it's a beautiful drug.

It depends on if there's still time. I find that there's a "window" that is different for each substance where you can still supplement the dose for one time and be fine. Window space Usually defined for fast, moderate, and long starting psychedelics.

For example, a long one would be mescaline - I find that the majority of effects manifest themselves at t+2hours, with development starting much earlier, usually t+45min. So around t+1hour you sort of have a qualitative feeling of how strong the experience is going to be and can adjust accordingly. An example of a fast one would be 4-HO-DIPT, where between t+15 and t+30min the window begins. Of course it isn't going to be as strong as taking it all at once, but it's better than nothing!

I hate underdosing psychedelics. I always error on the heavy side, never the light side. I rarely find myself in this scenario, but the couple times I did, I usually blazed a ton of weed. Weed can be a trip by itself sometimes. At the very least, it turns the experience into a "flavored" high/stone.

I voted for supplements.

I figured out I usually think of a light trip as a heavy trip when I'm tripping. I'll say things like "whoah, I really don't need more" when in fact more wouldn't hurt.

I'll have to catch myself by surprise with large doses.

I'm a little piggy-wig of the most psyched sort 8o so more more and a lOttle more for good measure !!!;) =D <3

Luckily I rarely find myself underwhelmed !!=D <3

be extremely greatful for the experience you ARE having. find the sublet beauties in it, and you will realize that dose doesnt matter (unless your ego is REALLY set in stone)
and save the rest of your stash for another night and make Sure you eat a LARGE dose :) anyhow, thats what i would do :)

ofukibenhearB4 said:
be extremely greatful for the experience you ARE having. find the sublet beauties in it, and you will realize that dose doesnt matter (unless your ego is REALLY set in stone)
and save the rest of your stash for another night and make Sure you eat a LARGE dose :) anyhow, thats what i would do :)

My thoughts exactly. :)