• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

you accidentally underdose on a psychedelic - what do you do?

Accidentally "underdosing" on a psychedelic- what do you do next?

• Ride out what trip you have

Votes: 65 33.7%
  • Eat more/different psychedelic

Votes: 81 42.0%
  • Abort half-tripping state with benzos etc.

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Add "supplements" until satisfied

Votes: 34 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lazydullard said:
I hate underdosing psychedelics. I always error on the heavy side, never the light side. I rarely find myself in this scenario, but the couple times I did, I usually blazed a ton of weed. Weed can be a trip by itself sometimes. At the very least, it turns the experience into a "flavored" high/stone.

I voted for supplements.

haha right on. even when i'm just testing i've almost never underdosed. on some weak hits of acid i underdosed once, but when the come-up was taking far too long i realized that we hadn't taken enough and another hit was added to the fire :)

if i'm setting aside time for a psychedelic trip, i'd rather overdo it within a safe margin and get something truly valuable out of the trip than underdo it and be stuck in some sort of strange limbo where the negative effects are amplified rather than a good strong trip where positive vibes drown out any doubts

Most of the psychedelics i do these days i weigh up myself on a milligram scale, so underdosing is something that only happens when taking an unfamiliar batch of LSD. I find that I can tell if it's good acid pretty soon after ingesting it.... while weak acid will continue to feel like a first alert of taking a substance for an extended period of time, and if more is available, i will certainly eat it.

For myself, i quite enjoy all-immersing mind-blowing psychedelic experiences, and i'm pretty comfortable with tripping and being able to deal with whatever comes up, so if i get hit harder than i was expecting, well, that's kinda what i shoot for! i'm not at all into taking benzos to abort a trip, but i will drink some mugwart & passionflower tea if i'm looking to get my body to relax toward the end. Especially with 2C-E, that stuff has some lingering body-tension for sure.

bluedolphono said:
Ever overdosed on a psychedelic? Those are the trips you hear about when people can't speak and actually go insane that maybe leading to perma-fry afterwards.

Now what do you do in those situations?

haloperidol, 2-5mg with .5 up to 10mg of a strong benzo (usually ativan or versed) IM injection.

place the person in a quiet area and give them re-assurance that anything bad they see/feel/expierence is not real and will be over in a few hours.

seems to work pretty well.

downside: you probably need to go to the ER to get this.

option: aquire said drugs, or resonable substiutes (perhaps an atypical like ripserdal or quentiapine for stronger 5ht2a antagonism then the typicals with less EPS) and some sort of benzo (I personally recomend 2-6mg of alprazolam) and keep them on hand for tripping...if it goes to hell, eat the pills and you will start feeling better in 30 or so minutes.