• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Would you choose to be a God of dumb animals?

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter

Man plays God with his ants - Brilliant Video : videos (reddit.com)

Humans, to Yahweh, are quite inferior to himself. The term dumb animal might be used.

Our wisdom is more like stupidity to Yahweh, --- is just one of the many verses that show how beneath Yahweh we sit.

We are also quite obtuse, to the point where we are told that the vast majority of us will end in hell and purposeless torture. We just won’t learn.

I would not want to be a god of any dumb animal. Especially if I had to genocide them now and again. They could not see my goodness. Just as I cannot see the goodness in a genocidal god.

Why does Yahweh want to rule over such a species as humankind, --- when he created us to be so low and just worthy of just his godlike disrespect?

Sure, Yahweh says we are above angels, but god hates those for being even more stupid than humans. He even built a hell for them. He even used Noah’s flood to drown his own son’s of god.

I would not choose or desire to lead dumb animals.

Why does Yahweh want to be a leader of dumb animals?

Regards
DL

I wouldn't choose to be a god because I'm not a god. This reasoning makes sense to me
Man plays God with his ants - Brilliant Video : videos (reddit.com)

Humans, to Yahweh, are quite inferior to himself. The term dumb animal might be used.
Sure humans can be led to doubt. I don't think that makes them inferior to a god. They're unique creatures just like angelic creatures. We don't even know if they're perfect beings, but they're probably less individualistic than us
Our wisdom is more like stupidity to Yahweh, --- is just one of the many verses that show how beneath Yahweh we sit.
What about gaining wisdom from experience? That's one trait a god wouldn't possess. One might say that makes them short-sighted while humans can be compassionate and humble
We are also quite obtuse, to the point where we are told that the vast majority of us will end in hell and purposeless torture. We just won’t learn.
Except Hell couldn't be a permanent solution so I don't know why people would dwell on an afterlife. Instead they might focus on why they think this way and try to live a fulfilling existence
I would not want to be a god of any dumb animal. Especially if I had to genocide them now and again. They could not see my goodness. Just as I cannot see the goodness in a genocidal god.
I get what you're saying but for me this is like comparing good and evil. People are capable of being good but in my opinion, never evil. So this would depend on your view, but for me it looks like saying smart people are good and dumb people are bad. Even if that's true, how would one discern the difference? Is a god supposed to know what you're feeling? This doesn't make sense to me
Why does Yahweh want to rule over such a species as humankind, --- when he created us to be so low and just worthy of just his godlike disrespect?
I don't know. Honestly, I like reading about the creation of Adam but when Eve is created things get complicated and it doesn't seem good there anymore. Maybe I don't like people and if it were me, I'd be content being alone in paradise
Sure, Yahweh says we are above angels, but god hates those for being even more stupid than humans. He even built a hell for them. He even used Noah’s flood to drown his own son’s of god.
Where does it say this? I'm just curious if this is extrabiblical and from where so I can look at it
I would not choose or desire to lead dumb animals.
Me neither
Why does Yahweh want to be a leader of dumb animals?

Regards
DL
Discontent

I wouldn't choose to be a god because I'm not a god. This reasoning makes sense to me
Who lied to you? Who controls you?

Sure humans can be led to doubt. I don't think that makes them inferior to a god. They're unique creatures just like angelic creatures. We don't even know if they're perfect beings, but they're probably less individualistic than us

One would have to be quite a vile person to think himself less moral than a genocidal satanic god.

As to angels etc. All speculative nonsense and unhelpful fiction. That shit is why I do not engage that often with you.

What about gaining wisdom from experience? That's one trait a god wouldn't possess. One might say that makes them short-sighted while humans can be compassionate and humble
Scriptures say that god never changes, as that would show a lack to his perfection.

I do not know about short sighted, but it sure makes for an immoral religion and god.

Except Hell couldn't be a permanent solution
It is to way too many Christians.

So this would depend on your view, but for me it looks like saying smart people are good and dumb people are bad. Even if that's true, how would one discern the difference? Is a god supposed to know what you're feeling? This doesn't make sense to me
Yahweh/Jesus is who is saying we are as bright as bricks, except for those who chose him as the right god of course.

Nothing makes sense when looking through a supernatural lens the way Christian literalists do.

Where does it say this? I'm just curious if this is extrabiblical and from where so I can look at it

That is pure scripture as I read it. The apologetics gets rather stupid though. Here is one link that will inform on all the speculations.

Who were the ‘sons of God and daughters of men’? - Denison Forum

Discontent

Perhaps, but given his use of genocide, it would be discontent with us, while his discontent should be aimed at himself for not being competent enough to create us to do as he wants naturally.

Christianity does not bother talking of the good side of sin, even as they sing that it is a happy fault and necessary to Yahweh's plan.

Regards
DL

Who lied to you? Who controls you?
No one. Control is an illusion in this context
One would have to be quite a vile person to think himself less moral than a genocidal satanic god.
Except I don't know that God has morals or where it says that He does
As to angels etc. All speculative nonsense and unhelpful fiction. That shit is why I do not engage that often with you.
Don't shoot the messenger
Scriptures say that god never changes, as that would show a lack to his perfection.
His word never changes
I do not know about short sighted, but it sure makes for an immoral religion and god.
When has a god ever been empathetic towards a human? That's what I was saying earlier
It is to way too many Christians.
I guess
Yahweh/Jesus is who is saying we are as bright as bricks, except for those who chose him as the right god of course.
I already know God. Why would I need a second opinion?
Nothing makes sense when looking through a supernatural lens the way Christian literalists do.
Not so much supernatural as uneducated. It's none of my concern if one believes in the supernatural but if they go out preaching blasphemy, then they embarrass both their religion and themselves
That is pure scripture as I read it. The apologetics gets rather stupid though. Here is one link that will inform on all the speculations.
I've heard a rabbi talk about this and his interpretation was that these people were noblemen. In the Book of Enoch though it's talking about angelic creatures. That doesn't mean I believe it, but I can appreciate it as literature. I think it's important to realize the difference
Perhaps, but given his use of genocide, it would be discontent with us, while his discontent should be aimed at himself for not being competent enough to create us to do as he wants naturally.

Christianity does not bother talking of the good side of sin, even as they sing that it is a happy fault and necessary to Yahweh's plan.

Regards
DL
He never changes, or at least that's what you said. That means He's always been violent and wrathful as well

The video you posted isn't real, it's an allegory for humanity, made by a person about as cynical as you are. I know someone who studied several wild ant colonies for years and wrote PhD level theses about it. A lot of the details were really enlightening. The mass consciousness of the colony and how the pheromones of the queen regulating the society were really fascinating. Nature isn't the problem, it's certain people's view of it.

I don't like Yaweh as a deity, but your assessment of what "he thinks" of humanity is really just a projection of what you think of humanity. Glass half empty type stuff, which we all go through from time to time.

There are many deities who choose to associate with humanity and even help us because they find us redeeming. They see us as having a lot of inherent goodness with a lot of promise for future growth. Then of course, there are deities that like to revel in our shadow natures and nurture the worst in us.

It's all God at the end of the day. I'm not sure what your obsession with Yaweh is. If you don't like him then stop giving him the energy of your thoughts and time.

The video you posted isn't real, it's an allegory for humanity, made by a person about as cynical as you are. I know someone who studied several wild ant colonies for years and wrote PhD level theses about it. A lot of the details were really enlightening. The mass consciousness of the colony and how the pheromones of the queen regulating the society were really fascinating. Nature isn't the problem, it's certain people's view of it.

I don't like Yaweh as a deity, but your assessment of what "he thinks" of humanity is really just a projection of what you think of humanity. Glass half empty type stuff, which we all go through from time to time.

There are many deities who choose to associate with humanity and even help us because they find us redeeming. They see us as having a lot of inherent goodness with a lot of promise for future growth. Then of course, there are deities that like to revel in our shadow natures and nurture the worst in us.

It's all God at the end of the day. I'm not sure what your obsession with Yaweh is. If you don't like him then stop giving him the energy of your thoughts and time.

If you cannot hate what harms so many innocent women and gays, your not much of a man.

As to the video, I agree that research is good, but to near genocide an experiment of living creatures for no reason, shows what a pathetic piece of garbage the god you support, even if indirectly, as you did here.

Regards
DL

If you cannot hate what harms so many innocent women and gays, your not much of a man.

As to the video, I agree that research is good, but to near genocide an experiment of living creatures for no reason, shows what a pathetic piece of garbage the god you support, even if indirectly, as you did here.

Regards
DL

Every time someone answers you critically, you lash out... like here, by questioning my manhood. Btw, I am gay, so don't speak for me.

Yaweh or whomever doesn't harm innocent people, humans do that. I don't support Yaweh, stop projecting your crap on me.

If you can't have an adult discussion then maybe you should stop flooding this sub-forum with your redundant, delusional threads. How many threads have you made now about Yaweh, yet won't have a real discussion with anybody? A couple dozen?

yet won't have a real discussion with anybody?
A gay who supports a homophobic religion. How mentally deficient of you.

As to your statement quoted. It is a lie.

Where have you seen a Christian even attempt a discussion on the moral issues I bring up?

They do not and cannot even attempt to do so.

Regards
DL

A gay who supports a homophobic religion. How mentally deficient of you.

As to your statement quoted. It is a lie.

Where have you seen a Christian even attempt a discussion on the moral issues I bring up?

They do not and cannot even attempt to do so.

Regards
DL

Please cite where I said I support Christianity.

I'll wait.

Gnostic Bishop is on vacation for a while so you may actually have to wait on that answer.

Gnostic Bishop is on vacation for a while so you may actually have to wait on that answer.

Ok, will get a notification but how long would one be waiting, not sure where I'll be and would like his response to this pov...

@Gnostic Bishop,

Let me answer your question with a question:

What if God created being far more intelligent than God, would God have the kind of leverage over his creations society in that situation ?

Would the people be more inclined to find their own answers and not just default to "God did it, God wills it so it must be dobe"?

An analogy is humans keeping dogs as pets, maybe God (who doesn't exist anyway) has an owner-pet mentality. Maybe God is a bad pet owner .

Humans are incredibly stupid but we are evolving to the point where God isn't the fallback reasoning, more just a convenient thing to waste time arguing about with.

*shrug*

This guy?

But ants are indeed extremely fascinating, I have witnessed them flying out to other nests on multiple occasions, one such occasion was incredibly organized, ants in multiple columns, flying out at the same time and the rest takes one step forward. Quite amazing, I could never find anything on the internet resembling it, and I'm left wondering if I imagined it

What if God created being far more intelligent than God, would God have the kind of leverage over his creations society in that situation ?
A divine being doesn't need leverage in the world. Assuming humans are a reflection of God, i.e intelligent design then God doesn't by necessity have to be intelligent. That's an assumption by one person
Would the people be more inclined to find their own answers and not just default to "God did it, God wills it so it must be done"?
I'm not sure what this is referring to so I'll leave it
An analogy is humans keeping dogs as pets, maybe God (who doesn't exist anyway) has an owner-pet mentality. Maybe God is a bad pet owner .
Except this isn't biblical so what does it even mean? Who's even to say that owning pets is ethical? I mean one has to start somewhere with ethics to figure out what they believe. At least I do
Humans are incredibly stupid but we are evolving to the point where God isn't the fallback reasoning, more just a convenient thing to waste time arguing about with.

*shrug*
I don't see humans changing at all. I'm not sure what that means anyhow. I tend to think living beings that survive aren't dumb but I suppose that's my opinion

^ Are you saying humans have not evolved or changed at all in comparison to the people at the time of the old testament?

Every time someone answers you critically, you lash out... like here, by questioning my manhood. Btw, I am gay, so don't speak for me.

Yaweh or whomever doesn't harm innocent people, humans do that. I don't support Yaweh, stop projecting your crap on me.

If you can't have an adult discussion then maybe you should stop flooding this sub-forum with your redundant, delusional threads. How many threads have you made now about Yaweh, yet won't have a real discussion with anybody? A couple dozen?
Yeah don't waste your time discussing with this one.

It's all fine and dandy if he agrees with you, but as soon as he doesn't, he's going to insult you like a child, spouting the same shit over and over, no matter how clear you make your point. Not worth the energy.

^ Are you saying humans have not evolved or changed at all in comparison to the people at the time of the old testament?
No, I just don't understand what you're saying. In a basic sense, people are people and they don't change. Maybe you're talking about political change or societal change somewhere but that wasn't clear to me

Are you saying that societies tend to become godless? I guess that could be true but it would ignore parts of society that go against such a trend