Slightly_Paranoid13
Greenlighter
- Joined
- Nov 21, 2025
- Messages
- 32
Lifelong cannabis connoisseur here. Do some people find that some eddies do fuck all and some of the same mg hit hard asf?
At first, I thought that too. Because cannabinoids are fat soluble. But with food, no food, fatty food, etc. didn't seem to make a difference. It was all pretty much a placebo effect until I had these guys. I've tested it many times too lol.it gets metabolized best with fats so i'm not really sure how products without fat, like gummies and drinks, are supposed to work.
my guess would be that if you had a drink on an empty stomach you might not feel it at all, but if you had the same drink with a pb&j sandwich then it could hit for full effect
The latest data from Health Canada has now laid bare the extent of the issue. Of the 50 legal samples examined for THC levels, heavy metals, pesticide residues, mycotoxins and microbial contaminants, 14 products (28%) had 70–80% of the labeled THC amount.
Furthermore, 10 products (20%) had less than 70% of the stated THC content, and only 26 products (52%) contained at least 80% of the declared THC amount.
to expand on thisDifferent extraction methods provide different benefits. Just like with gummy vitamins, just because a compound is in a product that youre consuming does not mean the full amount of that chem is bioavailable to you
Bioavailability - Even if a gummy contains 100mg of THC, the gummy material (gelatin, pectin, oil) might trap the cannabinoids so your gut might only absorb ~40-60%
I was backing up @Jeebis2 point with a bit more clarity, I was saying that depending on what the edible is made from it might drop the bioavailabilty of some cannabinoids down by a further 40-60%, that's different to the bioavailability of oral THC which I thought was actually lower than 20% IIRC, I maybe wrong. so depending on what the edible is made from the effective bioavailability might actually be cut in half.Oral bioavailability is lower like in the forty percents. Why did you get dirty to sixty percent?
I always thought RSO was a name given to a type of full spectrum extraction, rick simpson oil, a technique rather than a company?Rso the company is not Rick Simpson. They just named their brand after him. If I'm in. Shop I may buy the THC paste,which is known for healing cancer, whereas smoking cannabis doesn't ?
Old school combustibles are definitely carcinogenic but if you use a dry herb vape, that probably helps significantly. It also tastes much better this way. My personal belief is if the terpenes are vaped, they could be somewhat good for your lungs in moderation. I believe I've read some things where cannabis use helps breathing initially, but in the long run wasn't great for you. That's why I have my theory on the vaped terpenes - maybe they aren't bad in the long run? I don't think we know enough yet. Hopefully it continues to be studied more so we can make the best decisions.I was backing up @Jeebis2 point with a bit more clarity, I was saying that depending on what the edible is made from it might drop the bioavailabilty of some cannabinoids down by a further 40-60%, that's different to the bioavailability of oral THC which I thought was actually lower than 20% IIRC, I maybe wrong. so depending on what the edible is made from the effective bioavailability might actually be cut in half.
I'm going from memory here, but think that's 1 of the things that was driving me down just using oil and a dropper rather than gummies or chocolate, I'm just generally finding eddibles to be sub par and inconsistent
I always thought RSO was a name given to a type of full spectrum extraction, rick simpson oil, a technique rather than a company?
not sure I've read anything about proof of THC paste "healing" cancer, I know there's been claims about it, but I would be interested in any studies if you have them.
last thing I read in this area was there was linkage with smoking cannabis being carcinogenic, but it's significantly less worse than tobacco, and maybe not material enough to even worry about - as usual the backward drugs policies of the last decades means this is poorly studied.