• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Why you should take antioxidant's with MDMA

Antioxidants u say aye....Well most ppl already get plenty of that in the form of the holy herb :p

aunty establishment said:
LordMonkey, I'm interested to see that the Boost Energy tabs you take contain 1000mg guarana (AKA caffeine). Do you find this keeps you awake as you're coming down? I personally prefer to avoid all stimulants after E, mostly from fear of increasing neurotoxicity, but also because sleep is hard enough without them! :)

I suppose that they are not the best ones to take due to the fact they contain so much Guarana, but they taste the best :) and are usually cheapest. (berocca taste = p00)
I don't seem to have trouble sleeping on them though. Last roll I had 2 white apples in halves and sort of rushed the last 2 halves @ 3.30am cause I was chasing the dragon's tail and club closed @ 4am. Anyhoo got munted for a while and came down @ 6am and had a sleep till 10am and woke up fresh as a daisey. :) But I do drink alot of coke & energy drinks so maybe my system might be used to the dosage. But I will have a look at getting one that dosen't have so many stimulants in it, and see if there is any difference.

Originally posted by aunty establishment You could probably increase the amount of magnesium you take too - is it intended as an anti-oxidant or to reduce bruxia (teeth grinding)? I normally take 1000mg chelated magnesium (2 tablets, Nature's Own brand) at lunchtime, then 500mg more before going out. I've found this gives amazing results, as long as I give it at least 10-12 hours to become available (hence taking at lunchtime).

I take it to help stop grinding my teeth, if I don't take I end up grinding before I notice it. But when I take magnesium very rarely grind my teeth more than once before making a mental note to stop. So next time I will try increasing the dosage and see if it helps. But I may have to get different tablets as i don't fancy taking 10x of the magnesium compound tablets i have. :)

Thanks for the info aunty establishment advice taken onboard.
Peace Out - l0rdm0nk3y -

I'm pretty sure that "Vitamin C kills your roll" is a myth, possibly as an offshoot of the "Vitamin C can stop a bad trip" myth. However I could be wrong - I've just never noticed it having a negative effect. As I see it, if you *think* something is going to kill your high, it probably will - since so much of being on MDMA is related to mindset.

I've based my statement on comments on BL that I've read repeatedly that state something like the following that was posted on the first page of this thread:

fairnymph said:
Also, if you use an acidic antioxidant to preload, be careful about the timing. The absorption of amphetamines, including MDMA, is reduced in an acidic environment. Thus, you should take your antioxidants a good 1-2 hours before you take your MDMA -- so that your stomach is not overly acidic when you are breaking down the MDMA.

As I understand it, Vitamin C creates an acidic environment in your body. If anyone knows a bit more on this or is able to clarify, it'd be greatly appreciated. :)

LordMonkey, I'm interested to see that the Boost Energy tabs you take contain 1000mg guarana (AKA caffeine). Do you find this keeps you awake as you're coming down? I personally prefer to avoid all stimulants after E, mostly from fear of increasing neurotoxicity, but also because sleep is hard enough without them! :)

I also find that any stimulants like caffeine and guarana (best example is V energy drink which I'm quite fond of) tend to have their stimulant effects amplified in the days after taking MDMA or amphetamines.

For example whereas I might normally drink a whole can of V at 2pm each day, I might only drink half or 3/4 of a can on the Monday or Tuesday after a big weekend to make sure I don't have trouble sleeping.

Perhaps this is all in my head? I guess we all have our own little roll superstitions, the science and mythology of being a trashbag =D

so i guess with regard to alkalinity/acidity, taking mylanta or similar antacids along with vitamin c prior to rolling would be pretty pointless? ....