• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Why is your life so bloody good?!

Ok I need this right now; I have my blinkers on.
So here goes:
I have a well paid job in PR which is what I set out to achieve 2 years ago. Have had four payrises since I got the job!
I am proud of my Bachelor of Arts degree in Professional Writing and what I went through to finish it.
I have (to date) published 10-15 freelance articles in national women's mags such as Nature & Health, Better Health, Raw & Women's Fitness & Sport. Even by my standards that's ok, in 2 years.
I have my own registered ABN (for the above)
I have a gorgeous boyfriend who really cares about me - and since we've been together I've aquired a huge circle of friends which is like a second family.
My unit is the best one I've lived in so far. Doors and plumbing work!
Just got a new computer, printer and scanner, and have enough money left over for a trip to Vanuatu in September (whoo hoo, beach massages here I come).
I'm not ugly (he he, I like how that statement retains your modesty)
My mum is my best friend, and my sister runs a close second ... :) luv ya Nic xx
I can basically spend hours at work doing nothing and still get paid in the highest tax bracket (although I do get the guilts about it)
My hair has grown really really long, and I like it.
I have travelled overseas to most of the major continents and have lived in Scotland for 6 months. One of my dreams - achieved.
I am well liked and respected by most people.
I am 27 and have discovered a new lease of life.
I am healthy. I am emotionally strong. I care deeply about others. I am trying to lighten up about life! I enjoy being me.

Why is my life so great?
Because I learnt to scuba dive today and it's awesome
Because I have lots of great friends
Because the sun's shining
Because I had a suprise bday party thrown for me
Because I have a great girl that loves me
Because I love her back
Because the world is full of colours
Because I have eyes
:
:
I mean... you could go on forever. :D
BUT if I had to give one reason?
Because I'm here to enjoy it :D
[ 20 August 2002: Message edited by: Jakoz ]

Suddenly it's August and I turn around and all I can see is eight of the best months of my life, at least those months that have already passed in what, so far, is the best year of my life. I have never been happier, more secure, and finally feel at peace. I'm supremely comfortable with the person I am and the life I have made.
Rather than list all the reasons why things are great, I just want to say that I'm grateful that life gave me a second chance. I look back at the person I was, as late as last December, and feel so much gratitude that I've finally woken up to realise what life is all about. I couldn't have gotten here by myself so I guess I'm also forever in debt to all my friends who have helped me realise my value as a person.
After another incredible weekend, I was driving to work Monday and just about to pull onto the freeway when I started thinking about the weekend just past and how good my life was in general. I had to pull over for 15 minutes to pull myself together cause I really was overwhelmed by how happy I was with things. Had a 'moment' just thinking about how my life has come 180 degrees in the space of twelve months.
:)

Every moment of awareness brings the realisation that I am. That is all that I will ever be, that is all that will ever need.
;)

RobertRollie
nangs
Fukn classic - had me in stitches.
I'm pretty damn happy with my life. I'm 20, I go to uni, I train a buch of kids in a ski team 3 mornings a week that pays for me to go to the snow every weekend, plus a trip to Perisher for a week - this is currently my only job. I don't have to pay any bills, as I live at home, and have separated parents (there are perks y'know! ;) ) so all I need to pay for is petrol for a car that I love to drive. I also have a priceless bunch of close friends & a gorgeous girlfriend that I've had for nearly a year now.
Each Summer I travel to the Northern Hemisphere to enjoy the real winter & real snow for about 5 months, I come home in our Winter, re-enrol back into my course at uni, do enough work to pay-off the next trip overseas, and do the whole thing over again.
I'm not ready to start a full-time job and settle down - I'm making the most of my youth & plan to do a LOT more travelling & snowboarding before I lay my roots. I laugh at my mates that are hell-bent on clawing their way up the corporate ladder now - your youth is something that you'll never get back, and regret you've lost once you've realised you're just too damn old!
This is a quality thread too - nice 1 wazza.

I'm leaving this country in 7 days for a few years and hopefully by the time I return(if ever)I'll know how to mix a cake for fuck's sakes ;)

I am happy cause:
1. i have an amazing, loving boyfriend
2. i have so many friends!
3. i have a family that loves and cares for me even tho i can't see them more than 1-2 times/yr.
4. i have the chance to study in oz and live here
5. i can sing
6. i was born to parents who are encouraging and well enough off to support my studies.
7. i feel loved, confident and independent.
8. i have seen a lot of good and bad so i know how to appreciate the little things in life.
9. i am healthy
10.i have dreams..and some of them already have already come true.
at the moment, i really do love LIFE!

My life is bloody good because I have rediscovered the magic and unity I craved as a teenager, lost as a child and now have again as a young adult.
I am.

I just wanted to post here again because i have actually been having a really crap life since i returned to melbourne... i pretty much lost a best friend that meant everything to me and it was so fucked up... but now... everything fucking rocks, i am on the biggest natural high. I think i am just discovering again what it feels like to be alive :) I was so worried about this friendship that i didn't see all the potential in my life. But then i got out from under my little rock and have started making a life for myself again and i am realising how fucking good my life is... so i just wanted to post here, saying my life rocks :)

I no longer need drugs to make life interesting.
No seriously for a long time there the only time I enjoyed life was munted off my face.

Well, where do i begin :p
ahahha, no i have a fabulous boyfriend, excellent friends and i finally decided what i want to do with my life.
I have passion again! And it feels great!
WOO! :D

my extraordinarily accepting and loving family, my absolutely crazy friends, my gorgeous girlfriend, and music. what the fuck else could i possibly need?

Because after spending the last 10 and a half months sitting in a cubicle, messing around with 'learning guides' I've completed every bit of class work relating to my IT diploma. I've got 3 1-day workshops left, an online group project and them im err.. 'qualified'.
Fucking wierd :)

My parents just gave me their car (all the while deciding I can't really live with them anymore).
?
Oh well.
:)

life is good.
we are very lucky to live in a country where there is food on table and shelter over our heads. This is indeed very fortunate.
i love myself, i love my bf, i love my dog, i love my family. And most importantly, they love me too. And also my true frens .... im so lucky to have them around.
Life is indeed treating me kindly and is good. :)
[ 01 September 2002: Message edited by: ~jerox~ ]

Why is my life so bloody good?
well... i posted here in May... and a lot has changed since then... my life has gone thru very high highs and very low lows and everything in between... but i can honestly say that life is MEGAMEGA at the moment... its just a joy to be alive... :)
rather than focusing solely on myself, i am learning to enjoy the company of other people much more... you may even say i am getting some new friends... :)
life is just getting better and better! my parents are great and i love them... they do their best to help me out and listen to me (and accept my erratic behaviour of late) and be fair and tolorant... my job is easy and pays well... and its spring!!! :D
and the best is yet to come... hehehehe... there is just so much i haven't done yet... and summer is just around the corner... wow!
"on and on and in the sun, we'll be playing and having fun, and it makes me feel so fine i can't control my brain"
:D
Cohaa

for some reason today at work I just felt on top of the world. I had a huge weekend an dhad to take monday off due to lack of sleep after Sounds on Sunday and on monday I was just miserable and moped around the house.
today...different story. Walking down to get lunch I was almost skipping, I just had such a good feeling about life and everything that has been happening lately. Not that anything special has been going on, I think I just had this realisation that my life could be a hell of a lot worse than what it is, so theres nothing really to worry about. I could put more on my list but I'll leave it for now :)
this thread is cool...its good to read about whats making people happy.
I just wanted to add that spring is bloody tops and I bought a new car yesterday and that has pushed my life up another notch :)
[ 07 September 2002: Message edited by: sKatteredchickee ]

Spring has sprung
and life feels so awesome right now.
I've had a smile on my dial all week
I just feel so alive and full of energy.
I had a huge weekend going out two nights but yet I don't feel like I normally do after such a huge weekend.
An old friend I met nearly two years ago who I haven't seen her in over a year called me. She told me she has had a crush on me ever since she met me, and I have felt the same about her ever since I met her. We are catching up this weekend. I feel so good to have someone feel the same about me as I feel about them :)
MikeyK
[ 04 September 2002: Message edited by: mikeyk ]