• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why I roll my eyes when 99% of people on here mention "God"

this is a buddhist meditation trick that uses a focus point.

the two main focus points are death and kindness.

the reason for only 10 minutes is your focus starts to wonder and then you are no longer meditating.

no wonder some baba picked it up and warped it with a western religion.

truly the worst thing the west did was spread its seed and faith through the world.

what was wrong with them just believing what they did in the first place.

to be honest most religion makes me roll my eyes as it all comes from the same need to hide form our fears.

but if it helps people to get through the night im all for it.

I don think there is a centre of the universe is there ?

I think our recent models are something like a toroid.

maybe they are the centre of the universe as if its all a big loop everything is :unsure:

yes true for beginners at least.

I think it depends on the meditation and the focus of this one is more on imprinting the subconscious I think and then the other meditations build the paths so that you

nearly dream the answers to the questions you meditate on.

but if one is following mindfulness which should be practised with this the idea is to start at 10 minutes and build to and hour or so after a few years of practice.

this can be an amazing study tool as well.

do the focus based mediation for 10 minutes on your school question then a 30 minute mindfulness then leave the problem till you wake up the next day.

now if I could get some lessons on the death meditations for just before you die and then the one you use as you die I would be over the moon but they wont teach me.

I have asked so many and the ones who say yes dont know it and the ones that know it say no.

I have heard from witnesses that they can die and meditate right through it giving out there final breath days after they should be dead.

how I have no idea they wont show some gwello boy there secrets.

I think they were pissed off enough when kung fu went to the west to say no more.

I have asked so many and the ones who say yes dont know it and the ones that know it say no.
Such as? I can send you a few people to look up if you want?

I have heard from witnesses that they can die and meditate right through it giving out there final breath days after they should be dead.
Yes it is done, I've not come across someone who's Tantric who doesn't know how to do this.

I find the need for religion worrying but I still see so much beauty in it.

its our collective history and a large part of how and why we became civilised.

they kept all the books and knowledge if not for religion we may not even be able to read today.

yes please.

chi I have and in abundance.

now I want to punch through the eye of the storm and choose my place on the wheel.

im not running away though im not buddhist.

Why must belief in God and meditation be mutually exclusive?
God never made a religion, men did. Many many religions. Then had wars over them.
Kesey and Leary only said don't believe your five senses. I know for sure Kesey was not agnostic becasue I asked him.

Believe what you want.

meditation is not religion its a practice for starters.

you will get what you put into it and that does not have to have anything to do with where you come from why your here or where you go when your dead.

buddhism is a religion as it is based on a set of beliefs.

meditation is the tool they used to find there religion and then test it.

you should not believe in buddha you should test everything he said.

he even said that him self.