• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why I roll my eyes when 99% of people on here mention "God"

i would love to experience it one day
Then you ought to go to Bavaria, Switzerland or Austria to experience our culture.
The Swiss, Austrians and us are one culture: Alpine

In non-Bavarian Germany you will see almost none of these traditions.
They have their own traditions, but they are often far away from Paganism.

That's why our connection to Switzerland and Austria is much deeper,
than our connection to Prussian Germany, because they are much more similar to us.
Also their language is much closer to ours, so it's easier to communicate.
Try speaking Bavarian with a German, they don't understand us at all.

And I know a bunch of people who can't even speak High-German,
even I who thought I had a pretty flawless High-German will be reckognized as a Bavarian immediately.

thank you for the culture thats really interesting.

I love to ski so that area of the world is on my bucket list already.

but you have added an entirely new dimension to the idea.

a fine gift thank you.

thank you for the culture thats really interesting.

I love to ski so that area of the world is on my bucket list already.

but you have added an entirely new dimension to the idea.

a fine gift thank you.
Me at the bakery in Berlin(very early so i don't think about speaking High-German): "Serwas, I kriegad 4 Semmeln, 2 Kaasbrezn und hobts ihr a Scherzl über?" (Hi, I'd like 4 bread rolls, 2 cheese pretzels and do you have a heel of bread left?)
bakery lady: "Wat willste?" (what do you want?)
Me trying again in my best High-German: "Guten Tag, ich bekomme bitte 4 Semmeln, 2 Käsebrezn und habt ihr noch Scherzl übrig?"
bakery lady: "Junge ich versteh nur Bahnhof. Käsebrezel hamwa nich" (Boy I understand none of that. We don't have cheese pretzels)
Me looking at the sign: "4 Brötchen und habt ihr ein Ende vom Brot?("end of a bread", still don't know the Berlin expression for Scherzl)"

after that she finally understood and gave me 4 gross bread rolls and an even more gross Scherzl

true story

Last edited:
sounds like an interesting life.

in australia and the USA the idea of learning multiple languages as the norm is only really starting to take off I think.

I learnt some french in school but again the dislexia got in the way.

I have been thinking of taking some classes in german french and dutch just so I can code for there internet.

though again my dislexia makes me a little hesitant.

sounds like an interesting life.

in australia and the USA the idea of learning multiple languages as the norm is only really starting to take off I think.

I learnt some french in school but again the dislexia got in the way.

I have been thinking of taking some classes in german french and dutch just so I can code for there internet.

though again my dislexia makes me a little hesitant.
Well we all grow up with 2 languages, our own language and High-German
In school we learn English(early, starts around 3rd grade), then Latin or French in 7th grade,
and optionally one could learn Spanish and/or Italian.

I personally am a bit of an odd case, because I went to language school to become a foreign language correspondant
So I speak Bavarian, German, English, French, Spanish and Italian, and have a good grasp on Latin, but only enough to understand,
not necessarily enough to make my own grammatically correct sentences.

All languages are taught so that in the end we will at least have a B-level proficiency in the language, that is B2 or B1,
so able to understand and lead more complex discussions. In language school they reach to have everyone at C-level proficiency by the end,
in 3-4 languages

Well we all grow up with 2 languages, our own language and High-German
In school we learn English(early, starts around 3rd grade), then Latin or French in 7th grade,
and optionally one could learn Spanish and/or Italian.

I personally am a bit of an odd case, because I went to language school to become a foreign language correspondant
So I speak Bavarian, German, English, French, Spanish and Italian, and have a good grasp on Latin, but only enough to understand,
not necessarily enough to make my own grammatically correct sentences.

All languages are taught so that in the end we will at least have a B-level proficiency in the language, that is B2 or B1,
so able to understand and lead more complex discussions. In language school they reach to have everyone at C-level proficiency by the end,
in 3-4 languages

high german what is it whats its difference to just german and who came up with that name :)

wow thats amazing

and grasp on latin well science will come second nature to you as all the names are based on latin.

we are so isolated from the rest of the world here (yet we know more about than the americans)

high german what is it whats its difference to just german and who came up with that name :)

wow thats amazing

and grasp on latin well science will come second nature to you as all the names are based on latin.

we are so isolated from the rest of the world here (yet we know more about than the americans)
The German language has been evolving through time
Old-High-German (around 700-1000 AD), Middle-High-German (1000-1400 AD) and modern High-German since then

It was an attempt to help German tribes communicating with each other, because our regional languages are often very different from the norm, esp some of them are impossible to understand if you're not from there

However, Bavaria always used to be its own kingdom, so around 700-1000 AD we didn't speak Old-High-German, we spoke Old-Bavarian.
Our language is structurally completely different from German, example:

Bav: Sie schaugt aba oba, oba a orbat, aba der Oargackerlkopf is oba zum obi, ob da obi oiwei no oalate oachan hod
German: Sie blickt aber hinunter, ob er auch arbeite, aber der Eierkopf ist hinunter zum OBI, ob der OBI immer noch unförmiges Eichenholz hat
English: She, however, looks down, to see if he is still working, but the egghead went down to OBI(home improvement), to see if OBI still has unformed oak wood.

even single words are highly different:
Bav: Oachkatzerl
German: Eichhörnchen
English: Squirrel

yes very much so wow.

to think us ozzies only go back too 1788

the depth of history most of the rest of the world has im so out of this country the second im through school (well in school holidays I think a lecturer would suit me to be honest)

how far back can have you traced your family ?

I can get back to 1840 on one side and the other ive only got three generations.

Ye...don't know the exact meaning of pagan.For me that are the old traditions before got Xhristians.Wika...rhis is hillarious.(modern term)...talk about the real horror shit...oldschool stuff.It could be woman-witch or man-male equivalent.Mostvof this are just fraud....but there are people,who learned to work with energies somehow....and they can harm you,if they know you well,know your weak spots...they don_t care how this work...it's work....for some.Almost anybody can learn how to do bad things....it's not so difficult...at certain circumstances......if you feel it you gotta a choise-to strike back(with their stones to their heads...or leave it....to God judgment.....Here comes the faith.It's theme without end.

Last edited:
i know about this.

ye there is more to us than we know and there is magic to some extent. still.

no good comes from the practice of measuring guilt of your fellow human.

the greatest weapon you have in your tool kit is to forget.

I forgive and then I get ptsd.

I forget and well it doesnt bother me.

so just dont think about shit that makes you want to cast loops in your reality is my view on it.

yes very much so wow.

to think us ozzies only go back too 1788

the depth of history most of the rest of the world has im so out of this country the second im through school (well in school holidays I think a lecturer would suit me to be honest)

how far back can have you traced your family ?

I can get back to 1840 on one side and the other ive only got three generations.
My dad made a family tree that goes back to around the start of the 1700s
Issue is my family name is a name of the common folk, so you won't find much data from the middle ages.

Part of my family probably came from Skandinavia ages ago, and another part fled from Böhmen/Bohemia after WW2, so it's really hard to pinpoint after some time.

I have a friend though from a Franconian noble lineage, and his family is well documented back to the 7th century.

You forget,because your enemy probably forgets you.One time strike,two times.....talk about years of damaging somebody fully consiously,because ......what you want....because of delusion,of lie,of stupidity.But your way is better enough for you....Fuck...feel sometimes like tasting the limits of reality.Hard to explain

on my dads side we came over to make the first golf course in melbourne :)

mums a pom.

nobility hmmm :unsure:

I think dad said something about an irish crest but I dont know its hard enough to have a conversation with him these days

were so different.

mums common yorkshire peasant I think.

I was never allowed to hang with my family in the uk.

Last edited:
You forget,because your enemy probably forgets you.One time strike,two times.....talk about years of damaging somebody fully consiously,because ......what you want....because of delusion,of lie,of stupidity.But your way is better enough for you....Fuck...feel sometimes like tasting the limits of reality.Hard to explain
theres always a way home when your ready.

go get em mate theres always time to enjoy life too.

I dont need to remember my enemy thats why I did my sifu in wing chun bro.
so I could forget and get over it.

Last edited:
on my dads side we came over to make the first golf course in melbourne :)

mums a pom.

nobility hmmm :unsure:

I think dad said something about an irish crest but I dont know its hard enough to have a conversation with him these days

were so different.

mums common yorkshire peasant I think.

I was never allowed to hang with my family in the uk.
Judging from my name we were either hedge knights or squires :oops: (my name means knight, but since most knights had special titles, hedge knight is the conclusion to make)
From my mother's side that would be Tailors, sort of. Tailors for caps, cloaks, etc

would you trade a poor life here for a life of nobility back then ?

here you have tech there you do not :)

im working on it.

I need to float the religion first which takes others to believe in me.

Do you believe in yourself?What's that mean?Me-sometimes yes,sometimes no.....ordinary loco seems me