• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids why dont they just legalize codeine?

it sounds mean but im the reponsible one who didnt abuse drugs and IM the one being punished.
Man, you're losing sympathy fast from my side. Do you think somebody made these rules to punish you?

Jesus fucking Christ, grow up. You were taking opiates recreationally. There are people who actually needs opiates and doesn't bitch this much.
And you've been dumping on "junkies" in other threads too: stop thinking you're somehow better than everybody else, you gravy-riding brat.

Helvete alltså. :!

Opiates do fuck all for real migraines, and believe me as a chronic migraine sufferer who has a decent script for opiates.

Triptans, i.e., Sumatriptan will usually resolve a migraine within about 2 hours.
So true. I have been on methadone for 19 years (I know, I know), and if I wake up with a migraine, my drink doesn’t help. I lie to myself a lot, so I ALWAYS think “I’ll feel better after my drink, or double dosing will do it”, it NEVER does - (in my life experience).

So true. I have been on methadone for 19 years (I know, I know), and if I wake up with a migraine, my drink doesn’t help. I lie to myself a lot, so I ALWAYS think “I’ll feel better after my drink, or double dosing will do it”, it NEVER does - (in my life experience).
I would say in a way opioids don't really help with pain, but as make you high enough to not care. But definitely with certain pain they dont even do that, like with nerve pain and migraines.

I suffered from cluster headaches from 1990-2005. Every Spring and Fall I would wake up in the middle of the night with an ice pick to the brain feeling every other night and would go back to sleep and wake up again 2 hours later. They are a nightmare. And I know I havd said it before but on the cluster boads the notion is a person most of the time grows out of them. And I can attest I have grown out of them and am very thankful. Have not had one since 2005.

Saying taht the only t hing that relieved it was caffeine. Opiates made it worse or would almost trigger it. Waking up in the middle of the night in pain having to take aspirin and caffeine really sucked but I had no choice. I tried morphine once and it made it worse.

Migraines and cluster headaches to me are not relieved at all with opiates. In fact they can make it worse.

Last edited:
While they're at it, let's legalize dope FFS.

I'm sick and fucking tired of being criminalized for TAKING it, being forced to associate with criminal elements in order to ACQUIRE it, and unwillingly supporting brutal criminal cartels just to have it PRODUCED.

Also just once, and I mean for fucking ! %&#@*!! ONCE, I'd like to fix and simply look forward to a few hours being high instead of always having to wonder whether I'm about to either inadvertently poison myself or put myself to sleep.

I'm sick and fucking tired of being criminalized for TAKING it, being forced to associate with criminal elements in order to ACQUIRE it, and unwillingly supporting brutal criminal cartels just to have it PRODUCED.

Also just once, and I mean for fucking ! %&#@*!! ONCE, I'd like to fix and simply look forward to a few hours being high instead of always having to wonder whether I'm about to either inadvertently poison myself or put myself to sleep.
Weed is completely legal here where I am. You can go to the store and buy it or order it on the clearweb. Still some kinks to work out but I'm happy society seems to be heading in the right direction as far as that is concerned.

That poppy growing thread where you threw out your knowledge is pure gold. Should be a sticky. Poppies do grow all over. We should be allowed to grow big fields, make our own medicine. That I can get with. Let us grow stuff. Hey at least in NY you can grow cannabis plants at home as well as get it all over too. Crazy how much weed is around. 3 years ago I had to give my nephew $300 and wait on him to get me a bag of weed. One day four days,....I remember those days.Now it is all over so we should be able to do that with mushrooms as well. Let it grow.Let it grow, let it grow, greatly yield

Codeine Is legal....it's just a controlled substance. Otc in my country xd

That poppy growing thread where you threw out your knowledge is pure gold. Should be a sticky. Poppies do grow all over. We should be allowed to grow big fields, make our own medicine. That I can get with. Let us grow stuff. Hey at least in NY you can grow cannabis plants at home as well as get it all over too. Crazy how much weed is around. 3 years ago I had to give my nephew $300 and wait on him to get me a bag of weed. One day four days,....I remember those days.Now it is all over so we should be able to do that with mushrooms as well. Let it grow.Let it grow, let it grow, greatly yield
I live in an apartment and grew about 12 opium poppies on my windowsills one summer. I was so paranoid about it (looking back- how silly of me). I babied those fuckers for 3 or 4 months! Anyway, when they were ready, I harvested the most opium milk I could out of each flower (learning from a PBS doc about Afghani opium harvesting, LOL), and it made 0.6g of opium- so disappointing. And since I am on methadone, it did NOTHING!
In the documentaries, these farmers have ACRES of poppies to work with. I imagine it would be pretty hard to grow enough poppies anywhere in the western world where your neighbours didn’t snitch on you. You would have to carpet your ENTIRE back yard with poppies to make it worth it. IMO, we have allowed the western world to become a ‘police state’ and long ago traded our freedom for a degree of feeling safe. So, again, IMO, growing the amount of poppies you would need to make it worthwhile….impossible.

I suffered from cluster headaches from 1990-2005. Every Spring and Fall I would wake up in the middle of the night with an ice pick to the brain feeling every other night and would go back to sleep and wake up again 2 hours later. They are a nightmare. And I know I havd said it before but on the cluster boads the notion is a person most of the time grows out of them. And I can attest I have grown out of them and am very thankful. Have not had one since 2005.

Saying taht the only t hing that relieved it was caffeine. Opiates made it worse or would almost trigger it. Waking up in the middle of the night in pain having to take aspirin and caffeine really sucked but I had no choice. I tried morphine once and it made it worse.

Migraines and cluster headaches to me are not relieved at all with opiates. In fact they can make it worse.
I have also found that I have gotten opioid hangovers in times when I have taken enough opioids to break through my methadone, which I think makes me sleep without moving for 8 hours. Or the fact that opioids will dehydrate you. I will wake up with THE WORST headache-feels just like a booze hangover without the vomiting.
(Just an add on to the opioids and headaches convo).

I have also found that I have gotten opioid hangovers in times when I have taken enough opioids to break through my methadone, which I think makes me sleep without moving for 8 hours. Or the fact that opioids will dehydrate you. I will wake up with THE WORST headache-feels just like a booze hangover without the vomiting.
(Just an add on to the opioids and headaches convo).
Whenever I chip on opiates at this point( I've been massivly addicted to IV morphine for 10+ years) I wake up with similar symptoms like you AND ALWAYS WAKE UP COVERED IN SWEAT. Plus I have nightmares for the next 2 days. That happens if u take 40mg of oxycodone+ or the equivalent on morphine oral or 30-40mg iv morphine.......fucking kindling effect. My brain is fried.

In Canada, Tylenol #4 with Codeine are OTC ….behind the counter, must ask a pharmacist for them.

They contain…
8mg Codeine (almost a joke, so weak lol)
325mg acetaminophen
15mg caffeine

Codeine-Contin by Purdue Pharma are sweet…. 200mg of Codeine Sulphate

OxyContin 80mg are pure sex
Oxy-IR 5/10/20 are solid also

Dilaudid 2/4/8mg
Hydromorph-Contin 18/24/30mg

I dream of having a lifetime supply lol, large clear/blue plastic garbage bags full lol

Tried strong amount of Blue Lotus tincture ---heard loaded with Apomorphine...seems to have slight calming effect!