• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why don't psychs do what they should do to me??

instink

Bluelighter
Well after a few tries of 5-meo-dmt with a lightbuld vaporiser, and being unable to breakthrough (all I get is feeling extrememly fucked up for a few minutes) I tried it the other night while on 22mg 4-aco-dmt. It did even less than normal and i had more than normal??

I vaporised over 20mg of 5-meo-dmt (probably closer to 30) with what i felt like was very little waste, i'm sure i inhaled a TON of it... while i was vaping it (with a candle and lightbulb) everything went completely dark around me and all i could see was the candle and lightbulb, everythign else was black... but after i finished and laid back I felt back to "normal" - I still very much felt the 4-aco-dmt but nothing of the 5-meo

I was trying to combine to help myself breakthrough (I've found myself very resistant to psychs for some reason, no hallucinations, ego loss, or anything beyond feeling fucked up) but the combination did less than the 5-meo alone.... hmmm

I need to have a proper psychadelic experience! I have 2ci, 2ce, dxm, 4-aco-dmt and 5-meo-dmt yet nothing makes me feel more than messed up with a big appreciation for music... and yes I have done some fairly high doses (30mg of 2ce for example)

aaaargh! People keep telling me i'm trying to hard, concentrating on it too much etc but I'm really not... everything I try I relax, lay back, clear my mind, put on good music, etc but nothing! Usually it feels really good and get lots of body load/body effects but no deep introspection etc.

I know this is the 2nd thread I've created on this subject, but since the first one I've tried more things without success and I'm soooo frustrated with these chems that are supposed to do all these wondorous things and do nothing....

BTW 26yo male, very healthy mind and body :D

aaargh!

have you tried, something like shrooms or lsd yet? Also, maybe you just can't because of your body chemistry.

Take some huge bong rips of some strong salvia. Keep taking em until you trip hard. If your not scared shitless, keep taking rips. Once you get there once (doesn't matter what substance) you'll always be able too from then on.

My guess is you're probably on some sort of SSRI or Seroquel-like prescription. If you can stand not to take it for a day, or cut your dose back, you'll feel something more than what you have.

Wow lots of quick replys. No meds at all, ever. Never had depression or taken any meds for any mental conditions...

Aquabat - had 3g of dried shrooms once that did nothing except mild happiness. GF had 1.5g of the same shrooms and had a moderate trip. Never had LSD, can't find it anywhere round here

M2F: I'll try what you said with bongs but not salvia - being in Australia I don't even know if you can get it here :)

being as shrooms are really safe, why don't you go ahead and take 5g and see what happens. It sounds like maybe you just have a naturally high tolerance, do you have any strange diet habits?

As much as we all want a concrete, hopefully solvable, reason for his problem, it isn't that rare for some people to just be VERY resilient to serotonin-altering drugs. I actually personally know a few, and have seen countless people on the web with the same problem. It sucks dude, I really do feel for people that can't get the same experiences some of us do, it ain't fair I say!

Nearjet - thanks for your post, I do think I have a tolerance for nearly everything, always need to take twice as many pills as my gf to get to the same effects...

Aquabat, I can't really get my hands on shrooms anymore, but in the coming weeks i'll try some really high doses of 2ce and 4-aco-dmt and see what happens... also might try some combinations

thanks guys,

Hey chem heads, is there any supplementing instink could use to try and increase the effectiveness of these drugs? Maybe a type of drug that would cause over sensitivity in an average person would bring instink to the average tolerance level?

If 30mgs of 2CE didn't give you a psychedelic experience then I think that there's two possible reasons.

One - you're getting impure powders

Two - you're a medical curiousity - if you favour the latter option then write to David Nichols - he might want to study you. ;)

Thanks B9, I did get effects, very strong effects - high body load and slightly altered vision. Vivid imaginatory images from music (not CEV's). No OEV or ego altering, or any insightful thought at all really... wierd!

Thanks B9, I did get effects, very strong effects - high body load and slightly altered vision. Vivid imaginatory images from music (not CEV's). No OEV or ego altering, or any insightful thought at all really... wierd!

2C-E rarely alters my thoughts, and I have no tolerance oddities.

have you tried, something like shrooms or lsd yet? Also, maybe you just can't because of your body chemistry.

Why would LSD and mushrooms work better than other psychedelics? That's just some kind of myth.

^What B9 said. Plus:
If anything would work on you, 5-MeO-DMT would be it. Another likelihood is that you are smoking it wrong. I said that a lightbulb is 'good enough' if you learn the technique, but it's easy to screw up and not vaporize enough. You should make yourself a DMT machine, or failing that get a test tube and a jet lighter.

Also, you can potentiate 4-AcO-DMT, mushrooms and other tryptamines with MAOIs like Moclobemide (Aurorix) or Peganum Harmala - pretty easy to get. But as far as I know this is DANGEROUS with 5-MeO-DMT, 2C's and DOx.

I was disappointed myself with psychedelics. I also had only minor visuals, intoxication and profound and vivid trains of thought but none of the alternate realities and visions I had read about.
That is, until I tried LSD. This is a matter of taste and psychedelics have different effects on different people, but you might give it a try if you can get some.

Let me guess - you always trip inside/in your room?

I find 2C-E to be ridiculously boring (even in 20-30mg dosages) if I'm inside in a familiar setting. Go outside, and it's a huge world of difference.

I'd say you're just in a way too familiar setting, your brain is bored, and your trip reflects that.

^^ I always trip at home and I don´t have problems having fun...
Can I ask the OP: do you take a lot of MDMA? can that cause serotonin depletion, and make lighter psichedelic trips? (i dont know if it works this way., just thinking out loud)
What about other drugs, opiates and cannabinoids., do they get you high? benzodiacepines?
Can it be that you are expecting too much of the experecience?

instink, I'm curious as to your ROA for the 2c-e.
I've taken 40mg orally and barely felt anything, but 20mg insufflated had me on one of the most intense trips I've ever had.

Also, while I've never had 5-meo-dmt, I've tried plenty of N,N-DMT. Get your hands on that if you can. If N,N-DMT doesn't give you CEVs I don't know if anything will ;)

B9: Will try to get some lsd, It's definitely at the top of my 'to-do' list :). Will do some research on MOAI's but I'm a bit hesitant to go down that path... I should be getting a crack pipe this week to smoke the 5-meo-dmt with, maybe i'll get a jetlighter on your suggestion too

Lineartransform - Yes always at home, will take your suggestion of trying it outdoors, definitely will give that a go!

Polodelaiko: Occasionally do mdma, maybe once every 2-3 months... ald always street pills so who know how much actual mdma is in them, if any! Never done any opiates, used to smoke a bit of weed and get pretty high, not as enjoyable for me as it seems to be for most though

sebukab: yes I did it orally, next time will be rectally. Not keen on snorting anything really - never done it before and not in a hurry to start, though I might give it a go since I do want to try everything :) Would love to try N,N-DMT, wouldn't have a clue if it is available in australia though, will have to do some research on that!

Thakns guys, lots of good suggestions, will definitely do everythign I can and report back!!!

B9: Will try to get some lsd, It's definitely at the top of my 'to-do' list :). Will do some research on MOAI's but I'm a bit hesitant to go down that path... I should be getting a crack pipe this week to smoke the 5-meo-dmt with, maybe i'll get a jetlighter on your suggestion too

Lineartransform - Yes always at home, will take your suggestion of trying it outdoors, definitely will give that a go!

Polodelaiko: Occasionally do mdma, maybe once every 2-3 months... ald always street pills so who know how much actual mdma is in them, if any! Never done any opiates, used to smoke a bit of weed and get pretty high, not as enjoyable for me as it seems to be for most though

sebukab: yes I did it orally, next time will be rectally. Not keen on snorting anything really - never done it before and not in a hurry to start, though I might give it a go since I do want to try everything :) Would love to try N,N-DMT, wouldn't have a clue if it is available in australia though, will have to do some research on that!

Thakns guys, lots of good suggestions, will definitely do everythign I can and report back!!!