• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why don't psychs do what they should do to me??

Get this,
My aunt, no matter what she consumes.
Does not hallucinate.
She has archetype experiences where people who arent high like her that she is around
"become their egos" and she says that is kind of cartoonish.

But as for fractals, or flowers or any kind of thing that would normally give me an intense visionary hallucination She does not recieve anything except mild euphoria...

I dunno, Get a Cat Scan ^.^

some people are really insensitive to psychs for unknown reasons. I second MAOI as a way to increase many drugs effects, but you are right to be a little leary as you have to take many extra precautions. The other thing that could help would be to use a more efficient ROA which for many chems is insuffulation or rectally.

I tried smoking DMT through a vaporizer about 4 times, always getting more and more frustrated because I was sure I was doing it right but got no effects. One day I just ripped it through a bong and BAM! Hyperspace. It's usually just the simplest way. :)

But in my experience, it's less about the amount I had and more about the time I held it in. You gotta be able to hold that stuff!

B9: Will try to get some lsd, It's definitely at the top of my 'to-do' list :). Will do some research on MOAI's but I'm a bit hesitant to go down that path... I should be getting a crack pipe this week to smoke the 5-meo-dmt with, maybe i'll get a jetlighter on your suggestion too

Lineartransform - Yes always at home, will take your suggestion of trying it outdoors, definitely will give that a go!

You need a jet lighter if there's glass between the flame and the DMT. It shouldn't come in direct contact with it or it'll scorch it. And I haven't tried MAOI's either, they have some dietary precautions too.

Also I can vouch for Lineartransform's suggestion. If I trip in a familiar place it's like my known perception of it overrides the psychedelic perspective and I get weak trips with no visuals. You should put yourself in a novel situation - new surroundings and also it completely changes the character of the trip if you're tripping with other people. It might help you loosen up a bit and go with the psychedelic flow.

I tried smoking DMT through a vaporizer about 4 times, always getting more and more frustrated because I was sure I was doing it right but got no effects. One day I just ripped it through a bong and BAM! Hyperspace. It's usually just the simplest way.

Funny, it was the opposite for me. I tried smoking DMT from a bong, ended up wasting large amounts of it with almost no effects. Then I made a small & nifty vaporizer from a used medicine bottle and a syringe, and it has worked for me since.

Drugs have not been working since the Age of Aquarius started for whatever reason.

I have a friend who is the same, 30 -40mg of 2c-e didn`t do much for him, 5g of very strong mushrooms were the same. He has blacked out/fallen asleep quite often on psychs, but never trips as such.

The only thing that really makes him trip is Ketamine.

that's too bad. some people really are just naturally tolerant to psychs and can take a crap ton without ever really experiencing typical effects. Keep searching for one that does the trick, I'm sure it's out there (LSD!).

that's too bad. some people really are just naturally tolerant to psychs and can take a crap ton without ever really experiencing typical effects. Keep searching for one that does the trick, I'm sure it's out there (LSD!).
Probably not dude, all the common psychedelic drugs have very similar actions in the brain, so even though LSD is fucking amazing I don't think it will work differently.

Probably not dude, all the common psychedelic drugs have very similar actions in the brain, so even though LSD is fucking amazing I don't think it will work differently.

I think it will...

You need to remember that we don't even really understand how psychedelics work. Sure, we may think the psychedelic effects are due to 5ht2a agonism, but then again maybe this isn't the whole truth...

Also, LSD is kinda unique. Or do you know any other substance, psychedelic or not, where you can take a 1000 times the active dosage without overdosing?

My body seems to have a natural tolerance to all drugs including psychedelics.

I'm 6'2'' and 180 pounds. I always feel the need to do larger doses than other people to gain desired effects.

I've never experienced dmt, but i can say with mushrooms, it takes about 4-7 grams of good cubensis to get me grillin. I usually take 4-6 hits of strong acid, if its decent i'll go up to 10.

Everyone is different, lots of people keep telling me I need to relax and find the effects, but I find that bullcrap. I don't want to search for the feelings and have to control the psychedelic. I want the psychedelic to control me!

I really think 5-7 grams of quality mushrooms, or 4-8 hits of lsd would do your mind right. If not, I just don't know what to tell you.

Everyone is different, lots of people keep telling me I need to relax and find the effects, but I find that bullcrap. I don't want to search for the feelings and have to control the psychedelic. I want the psychedelic to control me!

Holy shit dude that's exactly what I get... everyone telling me to relax and enjoy it etc... most of the time i'm as relaxed as I've ever been and the drugs still do very little... oh well I suppose it helps that someone else has the same issues as me :D