• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

who's been sentence or arrested for a drug offence?

been charged with; possess drug of dependence, trafficking, use drug of dependence, criminal damage, forgery, obtain goods by deception, and numerous traffic (driving) offences.

Only charges that stuck in court were possession and use, and the forgery/deception charges (which were sentenced in one hearing); received 1 month suspended gaol term and 120hrs community service, and the criminal damage charge which was recent I received a rather large fine.

I took the wrap for a mates weed and ended up with $1200 worth of fines and losing my license for an extra 6 months because of a good behaviour bond I was on..

Not me but a friend got caught with ~200 ecstasy pills and 5g of speed by an undercover cop at a very well known nightclub in Melbourne (Revolver) and he got no jail time but now has a criminal record. Personally I thought this was pretty harsh for a first offense, then again if he was in the US he definitely would have had a lengthy jail term, so Australia isn't all bad...

Overall I find that undercovers at nightclubs are generally easy to spot, as they're dressed weird, are usually older than everyone, can't dance, are clearly not gacked, and the dead giveaway is when they ask you "do you know where I can get any ecstasy tablets?" Pffft they're called "googs", not "ecstasy tablets", lol.

^ Unless your leaving out a pretty significant detail I really don't see how thats a harsh punishment for your friend... 200 pills is quite a few, clearly more than was going to be used by himself and a few friends. Don't get me wrong I don't like to see anybody going to gaol for drugs but I just don't quite get how getting no gaol time for amounts well above the trafficking threshold is overly harsh.

^ Yeah he was definitely dealing there's no question about that, and I think this was reinforced in court because the undercover said he saw it happen (hence the "come outside with me please" while flashing a badge) but also because of having separate baggies and a large amount of cash on him (it was well over $1000).

I guess I meant my post in a subjective rather than a de jure sense. Seeing someone who is only 19 suddenly having a criminal record which will no doubt significantly impact their professional life due to a crime that doesn't really have a victim or malicious intent I find hard to accept.

Having said that, I think Australian law is in general very lenient if you're talking comparatively (and in this sense I agree it was definitely not a harsh sentence), especially if you're caught with just personal amounts. Ie: Another friend (I guess this shows the type of people I'm friends with, lol) got caught with a small amount of speed (<1g) by a sniffer dog and just got a warning.. :)

Somehow, in 2005 (when airport security was still pretty high from 911), I put a quarter ounce of weed, 30 Xanax, 40 Kadian (morphine) pills and 2 pipes in my luggage and checked it. They didn't (haha, get it?) and made it half way across the country without incident. I made it to Cali to visit a friend and drive with her back to Oklahoma because she was moving back here. While there, I smoked almost all the weed an took almost all the pills I had brought with me. Then, I bought an ounce of the best weed I'd ever seen from someone I had never met before (a friend of my friend's friend). As luck would have it, on the long drive home, I got caught at a border patrol checkpoint, and they decided to search the car. They got out the dog, and sure enough, it found all the drugs. I even watched in horror as the dog literally pulled the bag of weed out of my suitcase its self, and then its owner gave it a doggy biscuit. I remember thinking, "I just got busted with a felony by a fucking different species, and it's getting a fucking treat while I'm going to jail!?"

The Sunday before last I had my car searched after stupidly shooting up in it after picking up .3 of h. I really was so fucking foolish, I'd been parking in almost the same spot before walking to meet my guy for 3 days (bad idea) and had had a shot there in my car the day before I got searched which apparently someone saw and so called the cops. Luckily that day I decided to go buy a pack of smokes and have something to eat so I left my car for about an hour after shooting up, the cops must have come by soon after and waited around for a while but gave up when I didn't return quickly. The day I was searched I had a shot then drove up the road 100m, hopped out of my car and lay on the bonnet with my feet on a parking sign smoking and nodding off in the sun (another bad idea), out of the corner of my eye I saw the cop car pull over and thought 'fuck' but tried to play it cool by not moving until they got out and started walking over. They did that whole 'we know something you don't know' game and tried to get me to incriminate or trip myself up which fortunately in not stupid enough to do but after either not replying or avoiding the questions the sergeant told me they knew i had been shooting up and I could either be honest and receive leniency or fuck them around and get dragged over the coals. I said I'd be honest if they too were honest and asked them if I was to admit to using if they would use it to charge me, they said 'that depends on what we find'. I admitted to using and apologised and they set about searching me and my car. Id forgotten how shit a feeling it is to be searched, it was especially bad because I had used syringes in my bag (in the mediwaste container of course!) and couldn't help but think how my mum would feel if she could have seen me, it was really embarrassing and horrible. Luckily for me (very very luckily) I have a good habit of putting drugs, as soon as I pick them up and until I get home, in a soft digital camera bag that I then put down the front of my undies and hadn't forgotten to do it that day so after having my pockets emptied, my bag and car thoroughly searched and a pat down (which was nail biting) they were satisfied I had used what I had bought and gave up. They also trolled through my phone asking about numbers id recently dialled but fortunately I'm also in the good habit of committing my dealers numbers to memory and deleting the call history as soon as I've hung up so I didn't have to answer anymore awkward questions or get hold of my guy and tell him to ditch his phone. All in all it went about as well as it could have, my car has now been marked which sucks and my name will obviously be in their system which means my ability to succesfully refuse searches in the future will be nil among other things but considering I didn't get arrested and charged I'm counting myself lucky. I don't usually shoot up in my car and can wait til I get home because I know how risky and foolish it can be but every now and then when I'm really sick and hanging out I can't help myself. I definitely won't be doing it again and honesty I feel like a stupid fucken idiot for letting myself think it's ok at all. I have far too much to lose by getting a drug charge and would like to think I'm a little smarter than taking totally unnecessary risks like that. Lesson learned.

Still on home d..... 3 cases open now, dangerous driving x1, 2x breach of bail & aggravated assault on police w/o a weapon, and the original charges which are in negotiations.

Still no official drug charges of any sort. I'm sure I'll get slapped with that the minute I get out of the courthouse.

Importation of a border controlled substance (gammahydroxybuteranol), 18 months fucking around with the courts, $1600 fine

An attorney sent me this that support's Busty's views on being courteous to cops. I've been pulled over drunk, and instead of being a drunken retard rager, I talked to the cop (albeit some lies of where I was) and he let me go.

http://www.itsuptoyou.net/how-to-deal-with-cops-and-get-out-of-crimes/
Awesome read, and the part about honesty is very true
I got a DUI right after hs and when I got pulled over I was honest and told him if been drinking, submitted to tests, let him search my car (only had an open bottle of vodka in between the seats but it was in a Gatorade bottle), I was apologetic etc

The cop didn't tow my car, didn't give me an minor in possession charge, and he gave me a ride home from the station. Now in my first offenders program there was a girl who got pulled over by the same cop about a mile from where I did. She mouthed off, had the car smoked out and was an overall bitch. She spent 2 nights in lock up and caught numerous charges

Your attitude towards cops really plays a factor in whether they sodomize you with the law or not

Edit: I only lost my license for 3 months while I attended my program which was $600 plus 50 for 2 piss tests, guessing got lucky. I was 19 when that happened and since them I haven't been arrested.

Last edited:
Don't act like these drugs are prescribed exactly based on the needs of the patient, for every patient with genuine pain being told to piss off and take some panadeine, there's another who's been diagnosed with condition X and had boxes of oxycodone or morphine thrown at them either without even asking or far in excess of what they genuinely need, because doctors make these calls based on stereotypes and snap judgments, not indepth assessments of the situation. So if you don't fit a neat diagnosis for condition X or fit the right demographic, then then you could be on the floor screaming in agony and they'd just give you a kick, throw a box of panadol at you and tell you to stop faking it (and that'll be $69.99 for the consultation please). Meanwhile other patients are having truckloads of these pills thrown at them without even asking and often not even wanting them.

The irony being that the latter patients often end up being the ones selling their meds to the former patients or recreational users at a substantial markup. Why wouldn't they, once they realize they can make almost as much as (if not more than) the average wage just handing off the meds that uare piling up?
The last paragraph is spot on. This lady I get roxi 15s from gets 120 every 3 weeks (for cancer she has/had (I think it's in remission idk. She had to loss a boob because of it to) she sells 100 of them because she has 2 jobs and works almost everyday and just generally doesn't like painkillers. Needless to say, that with the 100 she gets rid of every 20 days (there bought before the script is even refilled) she can pay a 1K a month house payment. Us users are paying for this ladies house, its pretty crazy lol
Edit: I just realized I pretty much wrote this on the last page. Oops lol

Last edited:
haha well this happened a few years ago, when i was about 17

i was going to pick up some bud, its was only a gram. i got busted at the train station and they were like 'do i have to put handcuffs on you or will u just walk with us' i said ill walk, this was after they searched me.

at the station, they were making jokes at how it was a small amount, anyway they took me to a police station closer to where i live and they interviewed me, i already had about 4 warnings so they issued me with a court notice.

i went to court and this legal aide lady spoke to me before i went in and went over what to say to the judge, i went in and stood there and didnt really say much other than it was for personal use and said it was the first time i ever smoked. the legal aide lady told the judge how i was employed and working at the time and some other bullshit. ended up getting a $100 fine and that was it.

All in all it went about as well as it could have, my car has now been marked which sucks and my name will obviously be in their system which means my ability to succesfully refuse searches in the future will be nil

I don't think this is true. If the cop doesn't have probable cause they can't randomly search you. Unless I'm mistaken?

^ It's such a waste of time, they have cannabis cautions but once you exceed a few of them you have to goto court, even for a small amount, as outlined by your post, and it clogs up the courts and wastes everybody's time. There should be country wide laws that if it's under an ounce (or even a half would do) then you just get an on the spot fine. But we have all these state laws for each place that are all different, so everyon's confused as fuck even when they aren't baked. Great idea fuckwits who make the laws.

Even for small amounts of every type of drug (not just cannabis) this should be the case, set levels and if you are caught with under it, you just get a fine, nothing more. Like 2 pills, 1 gram of speed, 2 trips, i gram of H, 1 g of coke, etc etc.

Originally Posted by cassandragemini
All in all it went about as well as it could have, my car has now been marked which sucks and my name will obviously be in their system which means my ability to succesfully refuse searches in the future will be nil

I don't think this is true. If the cop doesn't have probable cause they can't randomly search you. Unless I'm mistaken?

If his car has been flagged or marked, they probably have probable cause, I think i've heard people mention that if they have drug priors, their rego/number plate/license is flagged and that can cause them to be pulled over more, someone here mentioned they keep getting pulled over and searched because of it.

They can in Victoria, I'm not sure about the rest of Australia

This just doesn't sound right. I was under the impression that the only time stop searches were legal was when searching for weapons in a specific area and time. Do you have a link?

I did a 2 second google search, and no, in victoria they can't randomly search you except when a) they're searching for weapons in a designated place and time or b) the police commissioner gives written approval for a search to take place in a given place and time.

Has anyone here ever watched The Force? Every single one of the searches that I've seen on that program has been CONSENTED to by the person being searched. The officer will come up to them while putting on gloves (giving the impression that a search is going to take place) and then ask if it's alright if they take a look in the car. Most people don't realise that they are actually asking for your consent, and you don't have to give it.

Q.9 In what circumstances are the police allowed to search me?

(a) Police can search you, your bags or your car without a warrant if they suspect on reasonable grounds (that means they have to have some kind of actual evidence or reason, it can't be random) you have drugs of dependence, weapons, volatile substances (if you are under 18), or a graffiti implement. They can also search you if you are the target of an authorisation or in an authorised zone under state terrorism laws. From time to time Parliament passes laws specific to events that increase police search powers.
(b) Police can search you if they have a search warrant that permits the search of persons.
(c) Police can search you if they have arrested you, but only to the extent necessary for safety or the location of items connected to a crime which they have reasonable grounds to suspect are in your possession.
(d) From 16 December 2009 - the police have new search powers under the Control of Weapons Act that allow them to search any person or car in a planned or unplanned designated search area without grounds to suspect that person may be carrying weapons. The Police must give 7 days notice of a planned designated search area by publishing the notice in the Government Gazette and a Newspaper. The Chief Commissioner may declare an area to be an unplanned designated search area at any time in writing. Search areas can be designated for 12 hours at a time. Within designated search areas, anyone can be searched without reasonable grounds. It has been acknowledged by the Government that these powers are incompatible with human rights as they arbitrarily infringe the right to privacy.
When police act under their designated search powers they must provide a written notice of the source of the power and that it is an offence to hinder them from searching under these powers.
If a person requests - the police must provide a written notice stating their name, rank and place of duty.
The search conducted is for the purpose of identifying, seizing and detaining weapons.

Q.10 How can the police search me?
There are two kinds of searches police can do:
a) Pat down search
b) Full search (includes where absolutely necessary a strip search and on occasions a cavity search).
Searches are extremely invasive and humiliating. Searches have the potential to engage many sections of the Charter of Human Rights. Where they are not lawful, they are an assault and in the case of strip and particularly cavity searches, a sexual assault. For this reason, the law only permits them where there are lawful grounds and then only to the extent necessary. Your privacy is a key issue in searches. As a result searches must be conducted in private and where at all possible by some as of the same sex as you. Where your sex is not determined, it is up to you to decide.
If police do not have the power to search you, they can do so with your written permission. This means you can and should say no if you feel at all uncomfortable.

This is all from http://www.communitylaw.org.au/flemingtonkensington/cb_pages/policepowersandmyrights.php
I recommend everyone reads it, as there's a lot of misinformation and rumour surrounding this stuff.

Last edited:
This just doesn't sound right. I was under the impression that the only time stop searches were legal was when searching for weapons in a specific area and time. Do you have a link?

I don't have a specific link but I'll look. I remember when I moved down there that they changed something that allowed them to randomly search people (I think for weapons but anything else they found was fair game for them too)

EDIT: It was the Summary Offences and Control of Weapons Acts Amendment Nov 09

The proposed amendments would allow for the Commissioner of Police to designate certain areas within the State as 'designated areas' and search any individual for weapons within the area, without reason or suspicion, by virtue of that person being located within the area.

By May 10:

VICTORIAN police have searched more than 1300 people, found 35 weapons and laid nine charges so far under sweeping new ''stop and search'' powers designed to halt Melbourne's knife crime.

Police regard the crackdown at city train stations as a success. The new powers mean they can search people even without a suspicion they possess weapons

They make no mention to any other criminal charges that they would have issued in that time.

Last edited: