Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

which is your favourite: John Hughes film?

pick one!

• Sixteen Candles

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The Breakfast Club

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Weird Science

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • She's Having A Baby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncle Buck

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Curly Sue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

L2R

Bluelight Crew
this one is for all of you nostalgia nuts

all awesome movies..

i loved John Candy in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and Uncle Buck

Planes, Trains and Automobiles is easily my favorite from the list. Hard to believe the man hasn't directed a movie since 1991?! Curly Sue. What a movie to leave as your legacy. Get out there and direct, man!

^ I too was surprised. Man does that guy have a bias toward Chicago-based film locations.

Planes, Trains & Automobiles. So classic.

^ME TOO!! I can watch Planes over and over again. I love all John Hughes though...never tire of it. I SWEAR this thread was done before and I even posted in it! :p

Hughes is from Chicago so he loves setting his films around Chi Town, which I think rocks because I'm from the midwest:)

Yeah I like all of those films, alot.

But if I had to pick...

1. Weird Science (barely though)
2. Uncle Buck
3. Plains Trains & Automobiles
4. She's Having A Baby

Ahhh... John Hughes.

My faves would be between The Breakfast Club, Wierd Science and Ferris Buellers Day Off.

If i had to decide on one, it would be the breakfast club i think.

Shouldnt Pretty in Pink and Some Kind of Wonderful be on the list too?:eek:

No. They were both written by John Hughes, but they were directed by Howard Deutch.

thanks ;) Its so funny, all my friends have always associated those two films along with all of the above as all JOHN HUGHES movies ,we never even thought to think otherwise:!

Hmmm..memories. Can you believe I still have my Sixteen Candles soundtrack on TAPE? I super love that Thompson Twins song in the ending..in fact, I have almost all of the songs John Hughes used in his movies on tape and CD.

"Does Barry Mannilow know you raid his wardrobe?"

all good, and really hard to choose...but the fave for me has to be breakfast club. every actor played that bit of the high school cliche perfectly, and it was just brilliant in every way. just a classic.

i went with Uncle Buck, at a close tie with PT&A. breakfast club was good, and kind of marked the 80s generation, but it's not as entertaining at the aforementioned. just my opinion.

And I presume you've seen all of them in their entirety in order for you to come to such a conclusion?:eek: