Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Which is your favourite: Coen Brothers film!!

the amorroak coen brothers poll. pick a classic, any classic.

• Blood Simple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raising Arizona

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Miller's Crossing

• Barton Fink

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • The Hudsucker Proxy

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Fargo

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • The Big Lebowski

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • The Man Who Wasn't There

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Intolerable Cruelty

• The Ladykillers

• No Country For Old Men

Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Burn After Reading

• Total voters
I developed a mild addiction to Kahlua after watching Lebowski too many times :D

I had to go with Hudsucker. It's my favorite example of them completely co-opting old movies. The dialogue is razor sharp, and all the performers nailed it. Top notch movie all around.

I was torn between fargo and the big lebowski.
I chose the big lebowski, but i'm starting to doubt myself.

Oh brother where art thou is definitely my favorite, but the Big Lebowski is pretty awesome as well. No country for old men was great in terms of depth and meaning but I didn't enjoy it as much as oh brother, which was just a masterpiece IMO. Everything about that movie rules.

I'm in the throes of watching pretty much every Coen Bros movie ever and I really have no idea how I am going to end up voting. Going to re-watch The Big Lebowski soon, first time I saw it I loved it but I hardly remember it and I don't think I appreciated it properly, nor did I know it was a Coen Bros film. I want to watch it with different eyes.

NCFOM was really fantastic but it is missing some quirkiness or something that Fargo and Barton Fink and The Big Lebowski seem to have. I mean, its a more serious film, I'm stating the obvious here ... I just don't know how I am going to reconcile my feelings on these movies because all their films are so rewarding.

Question, for some reason I am apprehensive about seeing The Hudsucker Proxy, but it seems everyone here quite likes it, so should I give it a go?

abso-frickin-lootely.

you'll love it. guaranteed.
or your moneys back x 50
and wasted life x 100

steinanwine said:
Question, for some reason I am apprehensive about seeing The Hudsucker Proxy, but it seems everyone here quite likes it, so should I give it a go?

It is a brilliant movie... especially if you like offbeat humor. Raising Arizona should be next on your list if you dig their comedies.

now the remake of ladykillers was awesome...I still had to go the Big Lebowski

finally saw "the man who wasn't there". twas okay. i found myself losing interest a few times in the first half.

i rephrase, it was good. i appreciate it's looks and sounds quite a bit, but the pace didn't agree with me on my first viewing.

The Big Lebowski FTW!

One of my favourites of all time.. I actually went into a bar the other week only because it was called the Lebowski.. lol

Fargo for sure. I just can't seem to enjoy The Big Lebowski, maybe I should give it another try..

i'm going to be unoriginal and say it's a three way tie between...

the big lebowski
fargo
the hudsucker proxy

yes you can. they did direct it.
ncfom is not original material neither.

Plus O Brother is based off The Odyssey and A Dozen Tough Jobs (loooooossseeely) ... semantics shemantics. ;)