Votes: 152 15.8%
  • 4-HO Family

Votes: 151 15.7%
  • DOx Family

Votes: 138 14.3%
  • I would legalize all drugs

Votes: 449 46.6%

• Total voters
Yes there should be checks and balances..

A drug user doesn't deserve jail.. maybe a ride home though..

Police can keep a drug using community safe..

Whether its for recreational purposes..
Or for work or studying..
Or for Shamanic purposes..

So drugs you could get from your doctor.. who takes an honest and open minded approach in allowing you to do what ever drug you choose too..

Keep drug use where it belongs.. in the mental health sector!

The Green party.. or otherwise Brown party(means the legalizing of drugs)

It is good to stand up for your human rite to alter your consciouness!

All drugs have some benefit...if in the future we can synthesize and resynthesize and dematerialize and take apart the drug..

And when we can do that..we can take all the negative effects out of the drug.. and have only the positive..

The only question will be how high do you wanna get...and we can have a drip kind of to be able to put little amounts in your body..but more often..

Imagine an Opium Pipe Lounge..or something of that..with benches and couches for Heroin users..

And when we can do that..we can take all the negative effects out of the drug.. and have only the positive..

i asked a neuroscientist whether this could be done and the answer is no. you would have to prevent all the dysregulation that occurs in response to drug use, which basically means you'd need to stop the brain responding to drugs in order to have no negative effects of drugs. that is not considering the damage to lungs, heart, etc.

if we could upload ourselves to the cloud (which i believe to be theoretically possible but not technically feasible for a long time) we could, i suppose, remove the effects of drugs, but then in that scenario we can basically do anything we want as long as it is computable.

i'd legalise all drugs cos the war on drugs is fucked. legislate the harmful drugs, but not so far as to create the need for a black market again. put the money saved from pointless enforcement of drug laws into recovery programs and creating a better society so drugs are less attractive in the first place.

i asked a neuroscientist whether this could be done and the answer is no. you would have to prevent all the dysregulation that occurs in response to drug use, which basically means you'd need to stop the brain responding to drugs in order to have no negative effects of drugs. that is not considering the damage to lungs, heart, etc.

if we could upload ourselves to the cloud (which i believe to be theoretically possible but not technically feasible for a long time) we could, i suppose, remove the effects of drugs, but then in that scenario we can basically do anything we want as long as it is computable.

i'd legalise all drugs cos the war on drugs is fucked. legislate the harmful drugs, but not so far as to create the need for a black market again. put the money saved from pointless enforcement of drug laws into recovery programs and creating a better society so drugs are less attractive in the first place.
Chin, after lurking for a lot of years for info only, I've read a lot since joining. Opiates seem to be the most harmful both in terms of ODs, and the rewiring of preservation centers in the brain. Nearly every user past pain relief that I've read about mentions an overdose close call. Yet in the same breath they talk about dancing with it again. Given how the age at which hard drugs statistically come into the picture, the legalization of OPs scare me.
As to dysregulation,if that were possible, we wouldn't need nor want drugs. We'd all be content in our own skins.
I read a lot of BS here about simply trying to explore "New Horizons", to attain a deeper understanding,blah,blah.
Boils down to discontent.

@wudbutcher i agree with you about the harms of opioids, but i think that is tangential to the issue of legalisation. because of the way our brains are, opioids will always be needed for some types of pain. so they aren't going away medically, and they aren't going away as a recreational drug to many people, which may or may not tip over into addiction.

what we can get rid of is the damage done by prohibition- my experience of drug dealers is that they are violent, to the point of sadistic, people, who will sacrifice every single moral to money. i mean have you ever met a hard drug dealer who you thought was benefiting society by their actions? do you not think it better, if someone is going to sell these drugs anyway, that someone who doesn't use the threat of, and act of, physical and sexual violence to control the people they do business with, would be better than someone who does?

if heroin was legalised i wouldn't take it as a green light for me to use it cos i hate the way it enslaved me. because fent and analogues are just less attractive, and you would be able to buy what you actually wanted, which for me would always have been decent brown, chances of overdose would decrease.

@wudbutcher i agree with you about the harms of opioids, but i think that is tangential to the issue of legalisation. because of the way our brains are, opioids will always be needed for some types of pain. so they aren't going away medically, and they aren't going away as a recreational drug to many people, which may or may not tip over into addiction.

what we can get rid of is the damage done by prohibition- my experience of drug dealers is that they are violent, to the point of sadistic, people, who will sacrifice every single moral to money. i mean have you ever met a hard drug dealer who you thought was benefiting society by their actions? do you not think it better, if someone is going to sell these drugs anyway, that someone who doesn't use the threat of, and act of, physical and sexual violence to control the people they do business with, would be better than someone who does?

if heroin was legalised i wouldn't take it as a green light for me to use it cos i hate the way it enslaved me. because fent and analogues are just less attractive, and you would be able to buy what you actually wanted, which for me would always have been decent brown, chances of overdose would decrease.
Chin,
You just described big Pharma.
I dont believe prescribed ops will ever be obsolete, however, they are making advances in nerve blockers. The problem, I've seen first hand, with using ops for pain management, isn't only tolerance, but psychological threshold increase.
Thank you for respectful discussion, figured reason that you an old head like me.
Contrary, your a Lady! That explains the manners. Much appreciated.

You just described big Pharma.

Ha yes I did!! I forget how different it is in the US due to the fucked for profit health system. over here i do know a couple of people who've fallen foul of opiate scripts for legitimate pain but its nowhere near as prevalent. most hard drug addicts i used with had been through something awful they couldn't live with straight, not without serious treatment.

and yes it would be ace if we can get humane pain management that doesn't risk addiction, i hadn't heard of nerve blockers but sound promising.

i'm always up for a polite discussion! i don't take it personally when people disagree with me and have no time for people who take it personally when i disagree with them. if i mean something personal to them i'll call them a cunt not engage them in a debate about drug policy lol.

Ha yes I did!! I forget how different it is in the US due to the fucked for profit health system. over here i do know a couple of people who've fallen foul of opiate scripts for legitimate pain but its nowhere near as prevalent. most hard drug addicts i used with had been through something awful they couldn't live with straight, not without serious treatment.

and yes it would be ace if we can get humane pain management that doesn't risk addiction, i hadn't heard of nerve blockers but sound promising.

i'm always up for a polite discussion! i don't take it personally when people disagree with me and have no time for people who take it personally when i disagree with them. if i mean something personal to them i'll call them a cunt not engage them in a debate about drug policy lol.
The main reason I think that governments won't ever fully legalized any of the big three are the massive amount of expense in treating overdoses. Difficult to put such dangerous things in the hands of lay persons. That's why you can't buy dynamite over here LOL.

If drugs were legal..

Not only would we have more scientific research towards them (which is currently illegal)..

We would also be able to educate people about their use in an honest fashion

Sighting the good and bad about the drug use..

And harm reduction.. and safe use..

Imagine all the synthetics we could create if drugs were made legal for scientific purposes..

I would legalize all drugs the money saved on policing spent on rehab. Has the war on drugs stopped anything its a failure

The main reason I think that governments won't ever fully legalized any of the big three are the massive amount of expense in treating overdoses. Difficult to put such dangerous things in the hands of lay persons. That's why you can't buy dynamite over here LOL.

i think the expense of treating ODs pales in the expense of all the thefts, keeping addicts in prison, etc. lay persons have that dangerous shit in their hands, i moved to a new city with no contacts and can score in less than half an hour, its better if that's regulated with a quality guarantee than street gear.

i think the expense of treating ODs pales in the expense of all the thefts, keeping addicts in prison, etc. lay persons have that dangerous shit in their hands, i moved to a new city with no contacts and can score in less than half an hour, its better if that's regulated with a quality guarantee than street gear.
Keep in mind though, that usually the first thing to go is the job to buy the drugs. The term drug related crime is too all encompassing. Theft is a crime. I agree about the dealers release though. But due to profit margins, there will always be issues. No easy answer

yeah, its a complex issue, but drugs and drug users aren't going anywhere so i think we as a society could be more productive if policy makers just admitted that instead of trying to stamp them out, which has failed for nearly a century.

They're not trying ,that's just a front. Drugs,like gasoline, too intertwined in our economy to either legalize or get rid of.

I'd have everything sold behind the counter. Then the law could figure out which substances require ID, doctor's note or none of the above

I think letting pharmacies control drug laws would be a good thing