Votes: 152 15.8%
  • 4-HO Family

Votes: 151 15.7%
  • DOx Family

Votes: 138 14.3%
  • I would legalize all drugs

Votes: 449 46.6%

• Total voters
I can also relate to street usage of a potent benzo; Xanex. I was doing maybe like 3 mg a day for a few weeks, then my dealer suddenly thought I was a cop because he was a fucking tweaker and I appeared in too good of physical shape to possibly be a "regular drug user". Well, I had like 3 pills left and couldn't "re up", so I went almost cold turkey after about a month, maybe 5 ish weeks of daily escalating use. I was in fucking shambles for 2 weeks. Alprazolam withdrawal makes fentanyl withdrawal seem like child's play in my experience. I was pretty lucky I hadn't been on any more for any longer. Also it was FUCKING expensive, like 60$ for 9 pills. Criminal I say!

Not to mention the fact that I was sold Xanex that were fake and had U-44770 in them instead of any benzo, I remember popping one and railing a half of one, thinking I knew what it was. I then proceeded to drive myself to the chiropractor's office as I was doing once a week after work, and began to get the nod hard. I could have OD'd, crashed my vehicle, killed myself or someone else inadvertently. It was just shit. Similar issues with inconsistency in the green oxy 80's, I had been sold a "super batch" one time and they were like 4x stronger than the previous batch, railed a half as per usual and had to call a friend to come over and administer amphetamines as an emergency "keep me breathing" thing. In hindsight, I should have called 911, but this way did work and was cheaper than a trip to ER or an ambulance. Not to mention I ws at my parents house trying to hide my usage, and this occurred late in the night.

Not unlike getting a bag of "heroin" where you don't know if the concentration is consistent batch to batch. It's nerve wracking to be a junkie and mix up a shot and have to slowly plunge the syringe 10 units at a time and wait 30 seconds to see it it's "hot" or more like the "normal" strength, it was always Russian roulette. I agree with knowing what your getting / getting clean drugs that can be regulated and or taxed would not be a bad thing at all. Anyways, horror stories aside...

Having discovered grey market research chems, I use a handy thienodiazepine fairly regularly. I went ahead and bought a gram of, It's been safer, cheaper, and I have enough to taper down or whatever. The safety factor is x 1000 compared to getting bars off street dealers who are inconsistent, I can dose with confidence that I will be familiar with the intended effect. If you at minimum know what your getting (always test your drugs anyways, I'd been sold a cathinone instead of this particular drug once via a mix up), and you know the dose and how your body reacts, you can plan accordingly.

Also, if I was unable to get this safe(er) alternative, you can bet your bottom dollar I'd be scrounging around with sewer rats trying to get pills still. I'm an on again off again junkie of the 22nd century. It's been way better discovering that there is alternatives to street drugs. This has also kept me clean off opiates for lack of a reliable source, I just opt to do psychs, kratom and weed instead. All these things are taxed, vendor reputation depends on good reviews etc. It's been a step towards safer alternatives for sure.

Last edited:
I can also relate to street usage of a potent benzo; Xanex. I was doing maybe like 3 mg a day for a few weeks, then my dealer suddenly thought I was a cop because he was a fucking tweaker and I appeared in too good of physical shape to possibly be a "regular drug user". Well, I had like 3 pills left and couldn't "re up", so I went almost cold turkey after about a month, maybe 5 ish weeks of daily escalating use. I was in fucking shambles for 2 weeks. Alprazolam withdrawal makes fentanyl withdrawal seem like child's play in my experience. I was pretty lucky I hadn't been on any more for any longer. Also it was FUCKING expensive, like 60$ for 9 pills. Criminal I say!
$ 60 for just 9 pills? wow
I should not say this, but I have been selling these days real 2mg alprazolam bars (here in Argentina there are no fake pills) for only 1.50 dollars 3 pills and 4.50 for 10 bars, I would be rich if I lived there
It should be noted that I bought for 5 dollars a box of 60 2mg bars of alprazolam.

Right? I think where they get customers hooked in is the relatively lacking availability of street benzos, and the fact that if you have a regular user, they need the shit pretty steady, otherwise as we all know, withdrawal cold Turkey from benzos is a nightmare.

Doctors are very scant on their prescription of pain and anxiety meds in North America since ther had been an explosion of deaths and issues associated with people abusing both classes of drugs. So this lack of prescription has driven people to seek these drugs from the street. The unfortunate part about this is that people who legitimately need the drugs tend to struggle to get the medication prescribed. So the issue is a little bit more complex when we factor in the people who actively seek prescription for these meds for the purpose of euphoria and abuse. Still, if you want something, you'll find it nomatter the obstacle, in this case the price and risk was high, but I was under so much stress and depression, I didn't care. It was something I'd take to help me get through days of work that I was hating. It may have kept me from suicide actually, but mixing the pills with liquor could've been the end of me too. Interesting how every consideration has more than one side to it.

Anyway, they were a hot item, the dealer in particular sas selling coke and ecstacy, and xanex is nice for the comedown. I never really did indulge in the blow because almost 100% guarentee all coke in North America is garbage, and the E, I really just wasn't interested in anyways. Liquor and Xanax was my "go to" relax combo. Hated my life haha.

But ya, 100% price is driven by scarcity and demand. They call out a price per unit, and we weigh the value based on our fiendishness. Such is the drug trade.

Last edited:
Interesting research input. I was wondering why isn't medical cannabis explicitly mentioned in the pole? The American Nursing Association(ANA) does say that it is legal and effective to use medical cannabis. Medical cannabis became legal in Florida in 2017, cited by Yolanda Nitti Ph.D., RN from Florida & Barry University, and by Claudette R. Chin, Ph.D., ARNP from the University of Florida.

The human brain can practically come into balance as the use of cannabis can help to build cannabinoids receptors. Shouldn't the government be relaxed enough to legalize it? Why so hard on Sweden that has a complete ban on medical cannabis. Norway has now acquired some access, in the form of Marinol and Sativex. China does its consumption wisely, though, that only small quantities of either marijuana or cannabis in form of hemp fiber and seeds can be used. It is essential to know that there is a difference between medical and recreational marijuana.

Currently, 33 states legally deal with marijuana, and only 11 states legally deal with recreational marijuana in United States. Such prohibition leads to a detrimental impact when it is known by research too that medical marijuana evidently impacts pain relief, nausea, and vomiting positively.

It’s a hard one.

definately decriminalise possession of substances up to like 2g and having paraphabalia. no criminal record just access to free addiction treatment (optional).
I know everywhere wants to legalise weed but weed gave my brother and I schizophrenia and I’ve met heaps of people in the psych ward who lost their shit from weed alone.
I think people should have access to high quality, affordable drugs if they’re gonna do them anyway.
I don’t think anyone should make a profit of drugs.

you need to protect people from addiction and danger but also addicts need protecting. Life is fuxking hard enough as it is for an addict.
I’d say legalise with regularuons

Just curious why meth not available as an option for legalisation? Are we all in agreement that’s just too dangerous and beyond the pale for consideration? Or just an oversight by OP in otherwise extensive list?

Personally, give extent of use but variations in quality I’d legalise it (along with heroin) and sell it pharma-grade from approved stores providing quitting / recovery services as well. Medicalise the problem and de-stigmatise the use.

I think decriminalizing all drugs for personal use would be a fantastic start. And regarding full legalization a la the recreational marijuana states, I can understand peoples' fear that if you could just go buy heroin at the store, more people might do it. And it might be that more people would to some extent. But simply decriminalizing possession and not distribution keeps the aspect of drugs that causes the absolute most harm intact, and that is putting drug distribution into the hands of criminal enterprises. The terror and death and pain caused by cartels is beyond belief. Furthermore, black market drugs are dangerous to the end user because of not knowing the purity or even indeed what you're taking (see: fentanyl in heroin). Being able to have it produced and sold legally and to enforced quality standards would eliminate all of those harms/risks. Instead of costing millions of lives and uncountable taxpayer dollars to fight against criminal drug enterprises, we could be collecting tax revenue and eliminating the very need for these criminal enterprises. Would more people use drugs? Maybe. But maybe it wouldn't be that significant, after all heroin, morphine and cocaine used to be legal and sold in over the counter "tonic" mixtures, and society didn't fall apart.

It's a question of how to minimize harm. You might argue, by guessing (since we don't know since it hasn't happened), that drug use/abuse would increase. But we KNOW that a huge amount of societal damage, violence, crime and accidental overdoses would be eliminated if we fully legalized. I would be strongly against advertising drugs (we shouldn't advertise alcohol either, or tobacco). I would be for a legal age, and I would be against selling them other than in designated dispensaries, so they're not in front of everyone's faces all the time. And any other reasonable precautions/regulations.

Ultimately, here on a board full of drug users, most of whom are abusers and much more fixated on drugs than the average person, we tend to forget that most people who get exposed to and try drugs don't become drug addicts. In fact the vast majority.

Yeah those are good points.

If anyone else wants some good content regarding drug policy reform, I'd recommend Why Our Drug Laws Have Failed by Jim Gray. The author was a former federal judge and prosecutor and his criticism of the drug war apparatus & criminal justice system is quite well-informed. A little dated (most of the book is set in the context of the 1990s, and we're obviously in a much different place now in terms of issues like cannabis etc.) Gray's critique of some of the arguments you often hear opposing serious reform (like the ones set in the form, "I know I wouldn't become a raging drug addict if drug legalization happened, but I can't say the same about my neighbor...") is still definitely relevant today. Only a small part of the book is dedicated to full-on legalization, though, and ultimately I find his solutions to be a bit limited...it's strange (but encouraging) how something so radical 20 years ago can seem conservative today.

I know everywhere wants to legalise weed but weed gave my brother and I schizophrenia and I’ve met heaps of people in the psych ward who lost their shit from weed alone.

Well do you honestly think keeping it illegal would prevent your brother or anyone else from getting it? I mean it IS illegal, and that's exactly what happened regardless. Fact of the matter is, prohibition doesn't work. You can't stop the drug market, but you can minimize harm by removing the black market. I think at this point we have abundant evidence that drugs have won the war on drugs. You can't stop the manufacture and distribution of drugs no matter what you do, but you can at least legalize and regulate so people know what they're getting and instead of cartels and gangs, you have peaceful, legitimate sources with quality control standards.

Well do you honestly think keeping it illegal would prevent your brother or anyone else from getting it? I mean it IS illegal, and that's exactly what happened regardless. Fact of the matter is, prohibition doesn't work. You can't stop the drug market, but you can minimize harm by removing the black market. I think at this point we have abundant evidence that drugs have won the war on drugs. You can't stop the manufacture and distribution of drugs no matter what you do, but you can at least legalize and regulate so people know what they're getting and instead of cartels and gangs, you have peaceful, legitimate sources with quality control standards.

yeah man I’m leaning towards legalising everything. And completely agree with you focusing on harm redictuon and rehabilitation.

People in general have Been taught that drugs are bad without explaining the reasons why. If ppl knew that drugs are useful ools for the soul and mind i think society Would be More chill AND open minded. I'm not saying everyone should be smoking crack Cocaine or shooting dope but dropping acid or doing clean mdma Would be really cool if they were legal AND good quality.

Last edited:
If it was just me I would like to live in a world where I could legally buy any drug I want.
What I think we should do in the real world is:
1) Decriminalize all drugs
2) Invest in drug education, harm reduction and rehabilitation
3) Collect data and carry out a lot of studies to see which approach works best. The idea is to decrease the overall harm caused by drugs and its cost to society. (we live in a heterogenous world so I don't think there's one solution for every country)
4) Legalize all drugs, if possible. This could be done progressively and I imagine there would be different restrictions depending on the drug. Also, we may find that some drugs cause too much harm and shouldn't be fully legalized if there are better alternatives.

Yeah it shocked me too to hear drug users supporting the laws ... also that many users indeed would want to stop but cant (wtf, this is a picture book example of addiction and my bet is on suppressed feelings) these guys and girls definitely should take a decent dose of some psychedelic and go on a deep breath reflecting themselves. This sort of schizophreniac thoughts is undermining our whole society, in many areas not just about drugs, and it's just plain stupid nonsense. Like the netherlands tolerating legal sale of weed but not the actual growing. Sigh.

The drug laws should be reformed altogether and everything should be based on harm reduction. No way we have legal alcohol, haldol and tobacco and illegal psychedelics etc. With todays science we could come up with a new era of recreationals that has not only a very little if any price but could actually enhance and extend our lives.

Make science, not war.

we founded an NGO - www.arge-canna at. its about more thanc CBD than THC but we patients fight for all the other patients that can have profit , lower pain, more hunger, better mood, more agile.

We prepare everything very well, everytime we are on the Media - and was is the outcome? NOTHING.
It's politics whowants to press it back.... Sigh.

JJ

everything

f_dc_obama_rainbow_150630.focal-760x428.jpg