• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

where do you go to university/TAFE, and what do you do?

i am probably going to start business in tafe which can lead to university, long process tho 6 years or more.

^ I got in to Uni with a Diploma from TAFE.

I'm currently doing a bachelor of Biodiversity and Conservation at Macquarie.

Loving it.

Switched from studying through OUA to full time on campus study at Newcastle Uni, finally moved out of Sydney and loving it. Am doing the B. Social Science

Was a qualified Mechanic then did diploma of Alcohol and other drugs & Advanced diploma community services (2006-2007) then flipped over to social work which i finished in two years (2008-2009).

First year away from study in a while, i was thinking about doing medicine postgrad or masters in social work with thesis on addiction....... choices choices, but i do have a partner who would like me to earn some money for a while and do normal growing up stuff!!!!

Finished my nursing certificate at TAFE in 2007 and have been working as a Registered Nurse since. Got sick of it as the health profession is going down the gurgler and is completely fucked and boring.

So just sat my entrance exam for Pre apprenticeship in electrotechnology and awaiting to see if i get in. Doing this so i can get an apprenticeship to become an electrician and earn good money :D

I do Pharmacutical Sciences at one of the major Melbourne Uni's (Dont want to get to identifyable - I'm looking at you piggies!)

Previously did a couple years of Game design (video games) that came under a Bachelor of Arts. Was interesting, but no real employment prospects and its not like I'm getting old, but I would like to make SOME money one day, so I switched to something more high paying (just a bit! lol).

Loving this course atm, end of semester is a bit heckic right now though lol.

Im interested to see how many of us study at higher levels, and rather interesting feilds at that =)

We are an educated bunch arent we? Dunno if I can say the same about about other location centric boards in Bl haha.

^We are so smart, S M R T!

n hektic fo sho! i got a pretty easy load this semester but once me masters kicks in later on then its gunna b fun city (and by that i mean minimal social life i assume). does pharm require honours/masters/each study to get decent spots L3?

^We are so smart, S M R T!

n hektic fo sho! i got a pretty easy load this semester but once me masters kicks in later on then its gunna b fun city (and by that i mean minimal social life i assume). does pharm require honours/masters/each study to get decent spots L3?

L3?

If you mean employment wise, then no. A degree in pharmacutical sciences should equate to job offers left right and center. To be a "Pharmacist" (ie. glorified retail assistant) there is more screwing around required. Have to go through either monash or some joint in perth for that, and equates to the same money but have to work in a shop front dealing with the public, and screw that lol.

Post grad study would improve employment prospects and pay cheque, but is by no means required.

its my nickname for ya, since we so close haha

always feel alot better knowing u goin to get someone at the end of ya course, unlike an arts degree woo!

I'm planning to enroll in a 2nd year project management subject next semester at JCU. I'm expecting it to be quite painful as I'm a scientist by trade but it'll be very handy knowledge to have in my new job I'm thinking. Plus I can do it for free because I work for the Uni :)

I'm still in school. Hoping to go to USYD or UNSW next year to study Economics or Law (If I do well enough).

^ Do both of them together, that's what I did. I am currently studying for a Masters degree at UTS and I have end of semester exams kicking off mid next week. It's starting to feel a little bit like aaaaaaagggghhh!

I had one out of my 2 exams today - fucking hard! My second one is next tuesday and I am scared! aaaaagh so much content to memorise its ridiculous!

i just started the last study period (half semester) for my first year in a 3 year BA in history and politics at mackworry via oua.

dunno wtf for. ... i think i am aroused by stress and debt.

^^ Cool, I didn't know you were studying at Macquarie too! Nice one :)

I had one out of my 2 exams today - fucking hard! My second one is next tuesday and I am scared! aaaaagh so much content to memorise its ridiculous!

My first exam (also of 2) is this Saturday, eeeep! I'm scared too! It' for stupid ugly disgusting evil Statistics :X
I reeally really want to do well and I don't feel prepared at all :(
I'm sure it'll be fine...