• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Where can I go for multiple drug addiction and alcohol support in Melbourne?

Quixote

Bluelighter
To keep things simple, I need help. In any form.

I've been abusing a bunch of sedatives and benzodiazepines to an extreme extent for 10 years. Alcohol came much later into the mix, and has become a big problem over the last couple of years.

Where can I find some people to relate to, or to help me? I can function fine most days but my addiction problems are bad, real real bad.

As I write this post, I'm on: 20mg zolpidem, 25mg valium, 75mg doxylamine, 2g of phenibut, 70mg codeine, 4 cones deep and 18+ drinks deep right now and still not sleeping or passed out.

I want to be normal, who do I go and see? Where can I find support? I feel so fucking alone right now.

Any help would be appreciated, my life is fucked right now.

If you are in the South East I would suggest SEADS, their phone number is 8792 2330 and the address is 229 Thomas St, Dandenong. I have used their services before and they were professional and compassionate, although a little lacking in knowledge about RC's, it doesn't seem like that should be much of an issue for you though.

If you aren't in the South East I have a friend who found Turning Point to be a helpful resource. The phone number is 8413 8413 and the address is 54-62 Gertrude St, Fitzroy.

Given the size of your habit with alcohol and other GABAergic drugs, I would imagine you are going to be on quite a lengthy taper. Going cold turkey on all that would be incredibly dangerous. I would advise trying to get off the alcohol first, because in my experience that is an extremely hard drug to taper off of when you are regularly consuming high doses, because as soon as you start to feel good from it you just want to smash it.

Good luck mate, you have a long road ahead of you but if you keep at it, hopefully you will get there.

Good on you for reaching out! Have you thought about inpatient detox/rehab programs? They're not for everyone, and not everyone has health insurance, but Melbourne has a few good places. I was in the Melbourne Clinic (on Church Street, Richmond) a few months back and their detox/rehab program is pretty amazing. Ask a GP about referrals or other public resources.

Check out this booklet - surely somewhere in here will be able to point you in the right direction. If you scroll to the last page, there's a table of what services each organisation actually offers, so you don't have to read through the whole thing.
Best of luck!

Just be careful, a lot of the free services in Melbourne are religiously affiliated.. They'll help you, but along the way they'll involve God. Really not cool IMHO, exploitation of people at their worst, I find it hard to excuse this for 'good intentions', I think it's despicable, finding people at their worst and rebuilding them in the image of a bullshit God.

All the best, what sort of services are you looking for? Detox? Rehab (short? Long?)? Counselling? Outreach services (assistance with lifestyle stuff - outreach services help connect you with what you need in your life - housing, job, etc).

Thanks for the replies guy, not sure what I'm really looking for exactly. Maybe just some form of counselling or guidance. Will check out some of the places you guys have mentioned.

What are narcotics anonymous meetings like? Worth it? There's a bunch I found online.