Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What's your Town Famous for?

Epping:-

Channel Seven Televison studio's.

Filming out and about around Epping for shows such as All Saints and Home & Away.Mainly nightclubs/bar scenes at the local Pub: Epping Hotel.Well the nightclub Tracks which is part of the Hotel.

Where the winner of the first TV series of Big Brother grew up: Ben Williams.

The home of bluelighters such as wacky and raverchik.

John Williamson the Australian country singer icon (Songs like: True Blue) lives/lived here.

Normy Roe(People may remember him, for his punch up with Ron Casey on TV's the midday show years and years ago) lives in Epping.

=D

Last edited:
I'm really not sure to tell you the truth. Perhaps it's famous for having some bogans who have a bit of money?? Or maybe it's famous for having some of the best asian restaurants in the Eastern Suburbs??

Whatever, it certainly wasn't enough for me to want to stick around any longer than neccesary.

Currently living; Wantirna.

My electorate recorded the biggest swing to the Liberals at the last federal election.

Wonderful :\

Um. Sports people sometimes move there, but aren't usually born there - like Don Bradman and Marjorie "Lithgow Flash" Nelson-Jackson. Haighs chocolates. Marijuana. Coopers beer. The Superjesus? Pubs. Churches.

It's funny comparing what it's renowned for, and what it's actually like. I should be famous for nice beaches and great Italian food, in reality.

the snowy sceam
bordom
skiing
and sheep

also one of the first multiculteral centres in post war australia

THEN: Te Awamutu NZ. Known as the Rose town of New Zealand but more widely known as the home of the Finn Bros (Split Enz & Crowded House)

NOW: Noosa Qld. Famous as an optimum retreat for many Victorians ;)... and of course our once famous ELIXIR parties

codez_raver said:
Horsham - - - Well I don't think were famous for anyting.I think we were Australia's tidiest town 2 years running... that's aboutit though.

it's easy to keep your town tidy when there are practically no people living there to get it dirty

I come from a town called "East Kilbride" which is about 12k's south of Glasgow in Scotland, and nothing remarkably interesting has ever come out of there except me.

My suburb is famous for its well..........hmmm.........nothin I guess although a car hit a pole once about five years ago..........does that count??

I do however live not that far from Cabramatta which is famous for being the home of the organised drug crimes in this country and Asianm gangs particularly 5T and also for murders and addicts.

Aah our town produced the steel that built the Sydney harbour bridge.

Fascinating eh . 8)

I grew up in Ryde, which is where Granny Smith lived and died and created her famous apple. And I think that's about it

I live in melbourne... according to some, apparently federation square is just FABULOUS. :p

rofl. 8(