• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What's your favourite alcoholic drink(s)?

cheap wine (4ltr cask )+ pub squash = great night out for $12

Absinthe tastes liek shit but not doubt whatsoever does the biz more than anythign else you can drink. Failing that, mix tequila shots woith other drinks.

If its taste you are looking for there is no doubt whatsoever that whiskey and lemonade is the best standard drink around. Not scotch or malted whiskey bullshit, and not cheap whiskey. Ask for a JD's and lemonade...It barely tastes alcoholic and the next day b/c you have mixed with a non caffeinated mixer you will wake up feeling primo after a deep sleep.

SERIOUSLY ^^ !!! Don't ever waste Good whiskey mixing with coke...LEMONADE!!!!!!!!!! Never had anybody try it that hasnt agreed!

Another great drink that may be real hard to get hold of over there is called Apple Sourz (its South African originally I believe)...its basically a sourish apple schnapps...mix it with at least half if not more of lemonade and you literally canot taste alcohol at all...I prefer the taste of this drink to coca cola.

Needless to say, when you are drinking alcoholic drinks that are cheap to buy or easy to make (basically beginners cocktails) be a little careful with your intake...the most I have ever drunk in my life is whiskey and lemonade and the second most is sourz and lemonade (coined god juice by friends) and they were both some very, very messy nights.

Beer:
Stella Artois
Boag's Premium
Tooheys Old

Spirits:
Canadian Club with Dry
Canadian Club with L&P
Booker's Bourbon on the rocks
Bakers Bourbon on the rocks
Ursus Vodka with green fanta

Last edited:
Absolutely hate BEER I cant drink it. It's terrible

Spirits:

Vodka....
Bourban...
Rum- Can drink good rum, not bundy. Dirty Crap!
And SCOTCH!

Love SPIRITS!

Hate BEER. bloating crap! Anyways outta here!

Gotta go Rave against the Wave

SpecTBK=D

I've just been put in charge of re writing the cocktail list at the bar I work at, which has been so cool to do...I'll tell you about a few of them but I'm not putting amounts as I don't want them copied just yet:)

Hi Apple Pie
A Smooth and Refreshing mix of Absolut Vanilla, Apple Juice and Cinnamon syrup

Mango Alize Daiquiri
Fresh Mango, midori, malibu, bacardi and Alize Gold Passion
(The trick to making a good Daiquiri is in putting the right amount of ice to liquid and having a good blender)

Frangelico and orange Vodkatini
rinse a Martini glass with Frangelico, then make a martini with cointreau and good quality vodka such as 42 below.

A Sour Mint
Fresh pineapple, fresh mint, absolut citron, fresh lemon and pineapple juice all blended smooth

And some of my favourite shooters,

The Lamington
Dark chocolate liquour, chambord and malibu

Apple pie
Apple schapps, cinnamon syrup and cream

The Alice in Wonderland
Chambord, cointreau and Mango liquour

The Apricot Delight
Chambord, Mango Liquour and Malibu...

mmm making me thirsty:)

anyone with coopers (pale ale & sparkling) in their post i most strongly agree with... its considered to be an acquired taste for alot of beer drinkers but it was the first beer i tried back in the primary school days...(little sips from dad) and its the best beer if you want to get shit faced quick. 5.8%(1.7 standard drinks)

spirits would have to be...
bourban, tequilla and over proofed rum(if you wanna get pissed and quickly... the stuff is normally 70+%) last bottle i had of that stuff was 76% - sooo hard on the throat

Gotta be Wild Turkey and coke, Jack Daniels and coke or Chivas Regal and coke. :)

Of course the cheap local liquors sold here are hands down winners, but I'm not sure many people on this forum have heard of Indra ;)

Peace

For flavour You cant go past premixed wild turkey's in a bottle...mmmm
Anyone also had the Bullet Bourban cans? 9% tastes shitty but hits hard.

I love a very dry vodka martini with a delicous olive.

Or good old G & T -- preferably with Bombay Sapphire and Schweppes, but if no Bombay then Gordon's.

Mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm on a hot day.

Wine, I'm a Shiraz fanatic.

Beer -- Boag's ... or corona with lime and pizza!

Re: The [U]Perfect[/U] BM

phase_dancer said:
Until I could literally no longer stomach them, a big favourite was the ol' Bloody Mary. But it had to be made just right, which meant the drink was about as hot as the average pepper farm 8o

Our trick was to party all night before arriving on the doorstep of the preferred restaurant on opening to order breakfast. In fact we never usually had to say much, "Biggest breakfast with the usual all round, is it sir...."

The Chili vodka is the key. Stolis only of course. A large 9+ chilli is kept in the vodka which is kept in the freezer. However, the order and way in which the ingredients are mixed also makes all the difference. Never shake, always stir and swirl.

Procedure

Ice in glass (roughly 250ml capacity). Add vodka 1-2 shots. If not ice cold then swirl before adding the tabasco sauce, 4-10 drops depending on how gone your taste buds are. Then add ~ 8-10 drops of Worcestershire sauce and mix well with a spaded end plastic stirrer (no metal). I found Holsbrooks was better by far than the originally used Lea and Perrins.

Then add the tomato juice while mixing/folding gently. Use low sugar, non-reconstituted juice if possible (or a mixture of reconstituted and real juice - Berry brand). After swirling some more, add fresh lemon juice and some black cracked pepper if desired.

Before consuming add a stick of celery (helps regulate the heat) and most important; that little umbrella thingy. Other, optional equipment includes; a banana lounge, 30's-40's style sunglasses and bathers, and a long cigarette holder.

Enjoy while you can, your days of spicy hot foods will soon be over 8(

I always love how well the moderators answer questions look at the detail to quality ingredients.

Good choice in drinks too, had my first on New Years Day on a Tropical Island and was a great way to pick back up from the night before

current favs

currently my current favourite drinks are

1) a nice sparkling shiraz

2) a quality vodka, red cordial and soda

3) Absolut Vanilla and coke with slice of lime.

if in a beer drinking mood, then Coopers Sparkling Ale

and if i'm really broke and desperate, then goon and fanta (goonta) =D

Re: The Ultimate Illusion

phase_dancer said:
Made properly the alcohol can't be tasted.

Midori
Vodka
Bacardi
Gin
Cointreau
triple sec (optional, not my preference)
Freshly squeezed Lime and Lemon Juice (lots)
Ice

All in a blender to make the ultimate slurpy, often seen enjoyed [?] by those who previously didn't drink alcohol!!

But Bee Warned, wobbly legs are a common side effect 8(

[Edit: Added the Cointreau, thanks for the reminder SoN_of_SaMurAi; p_d]

Looks remarkably like a long island iced tea with midori instead of coke.

On that note, Long Island Iced Tea's are my fav cocktail. Jesus fucking wept those things are loaded with alcoholic goodness.
have 4 in rapid succession and you'll fall over.

Beer is preferrable though. Coopers pale, Boags premium, Becks

In that order.

Four favourite drinks of the moment

1) Long Island iced teas (in my social circle, if you can have more then 3 of these you're going pretty well - at least 3,4 shots in each!

2) Bacardi and coke

3) Gin & tonic - for some reason I find these so refreshing, whereas others are amazed I can drink them

4) Blowjobs - Kahlua, baileys and whipped cream filled to overflow the shot glass AND you have to drink it without using your hands

Anything with vodka is a no-no, I can't even stomach mixed vodka drinks due to the many bad vodka experiences I've had in the past! Underage drinking = binge drinking every single time

Oh, and cowboys shots do it every time hehe ;)

beer's - STELLA artois
TEQUILA
SCOTCH - NO COKE! (why would you dilute something that tastes so good?)
and RAKI -mmmmmm so good :D all time favorite
(if your like me and you like the taste of aniseed you have to buy a bottle of RAKI.. best aniseed drink in the world)

a favourite which i haven't had in a while is 1800 tequila or if i'm in the mood for sillyness then a shot of Cuervo poured into a corona.
they slide down pretty easy and after about 4 of these things get pretty messy :)

A white russian goes down well...

thats vodka kahlua and milk...anyone whose seen the big lebowski knows what im talking about