Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the last film you saw? v. Why doesn’t Peter Jackson wear shoes?

976 Evil 2 (1992)

Decent sequel with a good returning character. Drags a bit but entertaining.

Anybody seen Late Night with the Devil yet? I really hope this comes out on dvd.

I've watched quite a few films recently, but the ones that stood out were Alien and John Carpenter's The Thing. These are up there among the best horror movies I've seen, especially the latter. They show how much more impactful well-done practical effects can be than the fanciest modern CGI.

I really liked the ending of “The Thing”

My favorite Carpenter film is probably “In the Mouth of Madness”. It’s dark and trippy and bizarre, check it out if you haven’t seen it are in the mood for something weird lol

My favorite Carpenter film is probably “In the Mouth of Madness”. It’s dark and trippy and bizarre, check it out if you haven’t seen it are in the mood for something weird lol
Hmm. Mine is Escape from New York. In the Mouth of Madness was definitely an odd one.

yeah, i think i would probably choose the thing.

honorable mentions to christine and dark star.

alasdair

I got a 4k UHD copy of The Fifth Element recently, finally watched it last night. I'm continually impressed with 4k transfers, they have so much more detail and the audio tracks are so much more immersive.

Next up is Robocop. Got that one on Arrow Video in the mail today. Will have to watch next week after I get done with this 72 hour work week.

I got a 4k UHD copy of The Fifth Element recently, finally watched it last night. I'm continually impressed with 4k transfers, they have so much more detail and the audio tracks are so much more immersive.

Next up is Robocop. Got that one on Arrow Video in the mail today. Will have to watch next week after I get done with this 72 hour work week.
I love that movie 😍

Eyes Wide Shut: Well, that was an odd Christmas movie. While there were some striking scenes, I found it a bit slow and unfocused.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: I think this just isn't my genre. Turned it off pretty quickly.

Haha, Eyes Wide Shut, classic Christmas movie 🤣

I like EWS but it does kind of plod along, so I definitely understand why you felt that way

I've watched quite a few films recently, but the ones that stood out were Alien and John Carpenter's The Thing. These are up there among the best horror movies I've seen, especially the latter. They show how much more impactful well-done practical effects can be than the fanciest modern CGI.
I really liked the ending of “The Thing”

Hmm. Mine is Escape from New York. In the Mouth of Madness was definitely an odd one.

guys...cmon...where is all the John Carpeter's Vampires love?!
now THIS movie is a masterclass in practical effects :rofl:

5c7lglQ.jpg

Civil War (2024)

I can be highly critical of movies, but I was pretty disappointed. Zero character development. A plot / war scenario that doesn't make much sense. I didn't like the ending.

I honest felt like I was watching a zombie movie without any zombies for a lot of the movie.

There are a few good scenes.

They could do something good about a civil conflict in the United States. There’s potentially good material there I think. The last couple seasons of the TV show “Homeland” kind of went in that direction, although ultimately the writers pussed out, deciding not to explore the very interesting question of, what happens when you exist within a chain of command and you start receiving orders to do things which go against your conscience or your oath to uphold the Constitution (so the rot is originating within the system, rather than outside it), instead making the Ruskies the puppet masters behind the whole thing. 🙄 I swear the writers of that show must have been die hard Clinton 2016 supporters or something

I’ve only seen a few images/previews from that Civil War movie but it didn’t look that interesting to me