Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ghost and the Darkness

This one was seen by many I think as a Jaws ripoff; I however, found it to be much more than Jaws, and a wholey worthwhile film. Two lions go on a man killing rampage, holding up indefinitely this project to build a bridge for a railroad in Africa. The lions aren't like normal lions, they hunt for pure pleasure. Anyways, too much more and I'd give away the whole film. But best of all, this was based on a true story. The real lions killed over 100 of these railroad workers, and their carcass' are on display in a museum in Chicago (at least at the time of the film). They didn't have manes like the ones in the film though, something about male lions of that species don't have manes.

Anyways, entertaining and tense film, kept me riveted.

7.5/10

Way Too Awesome !

Rabbit-Proof Fence (2002) – Australian drama film based on the book Follow The Rabbit Proof Fence by Doris Pilkington Garimara, based on the true story of the author's mother and two other mixed-race Aboriginal girls who ran away from the Moore River Native Settlement north of Perth, Western Australia, to return to their Aboriginal families after having been placed there in 1931; directed by Phillip Noyce

Paterson

quiet movie about poetry. was nervous because jim jarmusch and that lead can both be pretentious, but this project works well for both of them.

re-watched American Psycho after reading the book. a better film than the book is a book. the book is still better. while the book is gross and long, the movie glosses over too much. well cast, even though everyone is older than their character in the book.

Last edited:
The Rundown: I never saw Parks and Recreation until a few months ago. Binge-watched all of it on Netflix. Became a big fan of Chris Pratt's goofiness but had never heard of him before. Watched Guardians of the Galaxy (I & II) & Passengers. Then ran across this clip of P&R bloopers that were so fucking funny I pissed my pants! ??
~~

~~
Let the hilarity begin... ?

Having been a fan of The Lobster, I decided to watch both The Killing of a Sacred Deer and The Favourite recently.

Both quite dark films, but I preferred The Favourite. If only for Emma Stone /drool.

"Hagazussa" about a young medieval woman suspected of being a witch in the isolated mountains of Austria. There's very little dialogue throughout, what plot that does exist is somewhat lost in the last act, and doing some quick research into the old solstice and new year customs of the region can also help, but the cinematography is beautiful with an interesting sound track as well.

Mesmerizing at times, horrific, cruel, and disturbing at others, it's worth the time with a few scenes that, for better or worse, are unforgettable. (If you thought the satanic goat in "The Witch" was memorable, Black Phillip is mild compared to the goat scene in "Hagazussa")

Last edited:
21 Jump Street - 10/10. They really caught lightning in a bottle with this one. The characters are believable, there is a fair bit of heart / some feels and oodles of utterly bizarre, seemingly completely ab libbed dialogue. There are soooo many funny lines
The two main characters completely killed that movie!! 22 jump street they did the same, completely totally laughed till my cheeks and stomach were sore!

I have this love for movies with hit men and the movie “interview with a hitman” is an awesome movie. 9/10

Seven Psychopaths- Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell, Christopher Walken, and Woody Harrelson.

An alcoholic author (Colin Farrell) is struggling to write a screenplay that tells the story of 7 different psychopaths. Great film, a must watch!

The last amazing film I watched was Peter Greenaway's The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover (1989).

Holy. Shit. Definitely in my top five.

Who the fuck's Wayne? I have discovered it few days ago and got into. The story it's told in a dark funny way. It has some nice gore scenes. Script and characters with heart. I do recommend if you are in a search to watch something cool.

I saw the new Aladdin today. It was pretty enjoyable, I took my nephew because someone had to watch him and he wanted to get out of the house.

They added two songs for Jasmine and pulled one of her original ones, otherwise unchanged. Her character seemed cheesy this time around but of course, it was a Disney film. I think overall, it was a decent translation, but I can't help but feel if I ever watch the live action one again, I'll have this pain in my gut that says, "ewww, 2019."

I watched two movies recently:

The Book of Eli

I remember seeing it in theaters as a teen. It was a really good film, powerful and tasteful. It's almost like it's a Christian film, but the post apocalyptic nature of it removes any feelings of it.

Not the best film ever, but high up on my list of favorite Post-Apocalyptic films.

7.8/10

50/50

This is sort of a dramedy. Seth Rogan and Joseph Gordon Levitt really outdid themselves in this one. The film is sort of a bummer overall, but it was something special to see a comedic approach to the unrelenting forces of cancer. I also saw it in theaters as a teen, but I didn't like it then. Perhaps as I've gotten older and had my own cancer scares I've come to appreciate it more.

7/10

I watched two movies recently:

The Book of Eli

I remember seeing it in theaters as a teen. It was a really good film, powerful and tasteful. It's almost like it's a Christian film, but the post apocalyptic nature of it removes any feelings of it.

I feel like it was pretty reminiscent of the Dark Tower series. Granted, I havent finished the series yet, but it had that feel to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.