Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christopher Robin.
Someone else on here recommended it and I was depressed att and the clip of Pooh unnerved me, like life itself. However, it is the sheet! :D
Spoiler

To the recommender: "Thank you orifice!":)

Last edited:
The Revenant

Not as good as I expected , and I didn't really like any of the action scenes, especially the opening one, but it got better as it went on.
Really surprised to see a movie like this with such a huge budget, and at how much it took at the box office.

Greta (2019) - 6/10
A passable thriller which gets a bit silly towards the end.

I recently watched both Thor Ragnarok and The Informant with Matt Damon.

Thor was an entertaining if dull romp, though I enjoyed Cate Blanchett in such a tight outfit lol. She barely seems to age!

The Informant was good, I'd say it's worth a watch but not a second. Interesting story and Matt Damon truly excels in his lead role.

The Upside - 8/10
Loved it, great acting from both of them, I need to go and watch Untouchable now.

The new harry potter spin-off movie. What a pathetic shitshow; big scenes and nothing happens. Then the sacrifice and end "fight". Do not watch this shit

the bunny game, some interesting stuff. but not really much plot. doesn't seem much like a film. it tries to be deep but theres not much to it

I just watched Movie 43. It was quite possibly the worst film I've ever seen outside of Thankskilling. It had its moments though, and I was blown away by how many big name actors were in it. What a fucking strange film...

2/10

Last edited:
^damn, five percent on rotten tomatoes.

Listen Up Phillip

narcissistic humor that's reasonably funny.

The Master

a character sketch that is not a biopic (thought it was going to be). like Hard Eight. not as good. it was so many years ago that a tweet of the top five actors he'd like to work with included elle fanning. not sure if it was real or not. in a dec 2017 interview he says about The Beguiled, "Taking nothing away from the other women, but Elle Fanning? You’ve got my money." cast her.

Queen of Earth

another 3 Women movie. though i've since learned Persona started it all, Max. this movie is almost a remake. the characters are inexplicably terrible to each other from the get go, which detracts from the descent.

Mistress America

another character sketch. greta gerwig is a safe bet.

Walking and Talking

90s. a good film-to-dvd transfer. the colors are great.

Only God Forgives

borders on being weird and gory enough to fall outside of mainstream film and into artsy grindhouse. whole movie i was thinking a mix of refn, lynch, and Oldboy. but too shitty to be any. refn surprises. more of gosling as stoic with ultra-violence bubbling below the surface. he plays that role well, but there's already enough. he can do other stuff. The Nice Guys is hilarious.

Last edited:
Annie Hall

Never seen it before somehow. Woody Allen at his finest. I identified so much with so many scenes and situations he presented to the viewer. Easily my favorite film of his now. If you've never seen a Woody Allen film, this is the one to see. He offers true insight into the human experience, and some cameos from people who would become significantly more famous years later had me loling hard (Christopher Walken and Jeff Goldblum come to mind).

9/10

A Scanner Darkly

I've never read any P.K. Dick novels, but I sure do love adaptations of his work for the screen. Total Recall was sensational and entertaining, Blade Runner was the ultimate existential crisis film and sci-fi/noir. And then there's A Scanner Darkly.

If you've never seen this film, it's... unsettling. Keanu Reeves plays a narc who gets in a little too deep when the country is being destroyed by a new drug called Substance D. Without revealing too much, I'd say the animation style is what really does it on the disturbing nature of the film, coupled with Robert Downey Jr.'s performance. The film does an amazing job of expressing the effects of true substance abuse. The animation is like R. Linklatter's other work, Waking Life, where there's live acting with animation superimposed over it. The shifting nature of everything helps to draw you into this drug addicted world.

A special cameo of Alex Jones playing... well, really, himself heh, made me chuckle very hard.

While this is my least favorite of those three P.K. Dick adaptations mentioned, it's not for lack of quality or trying. It's simply because this film leaves you feeling melancholic at the end, and makes you question some of the decisions in your life, and the nature of hedonistic pursuits. I suppose it's very much akin to the other two films in that way. P.K. Dick stuff is always making you think twice about what goes on in the human mind.

8/10

The Nice Guys is hilarious.
I agree, Gosling performed amazingly amusingly in that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: CFC
My wife and I watched Conan the Barbarian earlier. I bought it on Bluray a few months back and wanted to rewatch it. Always entertaining. Arnold makes the funniest of sounds.

Been watching a lotta films lately...

Highlander 6/10 - there can be only ONE

LOL

Deathstalker 1-3

Watched one as an MS3k and the other two on amazon prime. Wholely fun shit films. 3/10. Good tits. Wife enjoyed all heh.

The American

5/10

Not sure what was trying be achieved there. George Clooney handsome as always but hardly makes for a film.

Clue

7/10 very entertaining and very much enjoyed, best of the shitty films we've watched recently.

Reactions: CFC
last year i watched all of the mcu movies. last night i finally caught up with captain marvel. it was really great and now i am primed for avengers: endgame!

alasdair

Bernie

I really enjoyed this one. Jack Black gave the best performance I've seen from him. They used legit citizens of Carthage as people in the film for interviews. Truly an offbeat film.

8/10

A.I. (2001)

I thought this was gonna be better since it was supposedly originally a Stanley Kubrick project, but I was a bit disappointed. Who knows how he would have done it; Spielberg did it alright. The early part of the film and a few things such as the Flesh Fair were fairly thought provoking, but overall I felt it was long winded and a bit cheesy. I enjoyed it overall, but I feel like the film on the whole had more potential. Maybe I just expected too much. Still worth a watch.

7/10

Revolutionary Road

I didn't particularly enjoy this film. It was just a bit too angsty or something. Hard to put my finger on. It wasn't a poorly done film, it just didn't hit my buttons I guess. I'd say I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't really see the point in watching it now had I never seen it. Kate Winslet was really good though.

6/10

Status
Not open for further replies.