• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What's something that makes you want to get sober?

Watching others suffer because of my usage makes the high not so good and less attractive. This in turn has a side effect of me walking away most times.

I will not willingly put down a substance I enjoy for my "betterment"... word.
Peace my peepers

This site. Not just nightmare accounts of drug use gone wrong, but some people. It’s really obvious whose mental faculties have been obliterated by drug use and the pattern that they usually haven’t finished high school, saying things that at their age they should know better, stupid baseless and usually harmful claims or judgments about others. Their level of reasoning is like a bucket of water with holes poked in the bottom. Like they’re a step above Trump fans and conspiracy theorists, but below an average adult’s knowledge who has finished high school and hasn’t abused drugs. The constant bragging and trying to one up each other is most likely a really sad attempt to try to validate their feelings of superiority, for many of which is probably a symptom of their underlying mental illness and probably a lie anyway. The misogyny. The petty insults which are really nothing but thinly veiled homophobia. I don’t want to associate with these people and I don’t want to be one. They keep me sober. So I guess I have to thank them for that.

That's pretty heavy stuff.

I have shit loads of problems, and so do a lot of my friends.

Maybe drug use halts us in our tracks on the road to develop as respectable adults? Is that what you mean?

Well who fucking knows.

Good luck on your journey

I'll admit this is something I think about.
I'm 32, now my mom had me in her early 30s too, but still... Seems late, and also.. I'm nowhere near being in a place in my life to be having kids.

But it's not like there's unlimited time.

Thing is.. Even if I were clean, or decided to have a kid on methadone. I just can't see my future being stable enough.

And I hate it when people have kids for selfish reasons.
My mom was 21 when I was born and my dad was 22. I'm 31 now, but would like to have my own before I'm over 35. Ever since we've been together, I decided I wanna have a baby at some point. It's just an itch I can't scratch yet, I suppose--like nature is telling me to get on it with a sense of urgency (but unfortunately, I'm far from ready at this point in my life). But yes, I absolutely hate when people wanna have kids for selfish reasons, as if their child is a paycheck or something.

This site. Not just nightmare accounts of drug use gone wrong, but some people. It’s really obvious whose mental faculties have been obliterated by drug use and the pattern that they usually haven’t finished high school, saying things that at their age they should know better, stupid baseless and usually harmful claims or judgments about others. Their level of reasoning is like a bucket of water with holes poked in the bottom. Like they’re a step above Trump fans and conspiracy theorists, but below an average adult’s knowledge who has finished high school and hasn’t abused drugs. The constant bragging and trying to one up each other is most likely a really sad attempt to try to validate their feelings of superiority, for many of which is probably a symptom of their underlying mental illness and probably a lie anyway. The misogyny. The petty insults which are really nothing but thinly veiled homophobia. I don’t want to associate with these people and I don’t want to be one. They keep me sober. So I guess I have to thank them for that.

There are elements of truth in what you say and I’m sure you could find a few members and many posts that match each category of complaint that you have. Just as you could in every internet forum

However there are also many people seeking and giving quality advice about harm reduction, recovery, and mental health. It’s also a home for people struggling with issues that perhaps at this point in time limit their ability to be ideal citizens or progressive thinkers.

I don’t know exactly what you are looking for here but you can probably find it somewhere if you just ignore the bits that are irritating you. Otherwise there is always Toastmasters or the Rotary Club I guess.

In any case doesn’t make sense to sign up to the rugby club and then complain they aren’t playing lawn bowls.

As biology starts to rear in, kids and family are good motivators. I didn't want to be in my late 30's having kids, but I still want to try. My seed is tainted with invega tho, so there's that. Pot would be alright and accepted during pregnancy. But newborn get their umbilical cord tested for drugs and if they are positive, the parents can't take them. I don't wanna be like Billy Joel or Trump having kids in my 60's either.

Yeah ions but don't go on the whole ''I make kids as a boosting to my whatever'' create what'd you enjoy what you like. Don't be like that because everyone will suffer, gettin sober it's mainly you against you because when you don't want to get sober you meme yourself with ''Apart from drugs, there's nothin out here'' and while it's true that everything around us it's a variation you but only you can manage to accept that. It's hard but until Musk take us to outer-space we have to accept that at the mall there's a Mc's Donald at your local 24/7 a pack of cigar and at the store a bag of Lay's. I know how it feels lil man, but that's the hardest lesson life give us all and we have to overcome that.

Well, @Shady's Fox I finally have some savings. So financially I wouldn't say I"m set, but would be able to support. I kno I kno I sound like I want kids because it's the thing to do. I really want an offspring to share with someone what I know about the world and motivate me I guess. No one else likes a creepy old pervert.

There are elements of truth in what you say and I’m sure you could find a few members and many posts that match each category of complaint that you have. Just as you could in every internet forum

However there are also many people seeking and giving quality advice about harm reduction, recovery, and mental health. It’s also a home for people struggling with issues that perhaps at this point in time limit their ability to be ideal citizens or progressive thinkers.

I don’t know exactly what you are looking for here but you can probably find it somewhere if you just ignore the bits that are irritating you. Otherwise there is always Toastmasters or the Rotary Club I guess.

In any case doesn’t make sense to sign up to the rugby club and then complain they aren’t playing lawn bowls.
thank you i couldn't have said it because i didn't know how o_O 😱🤪😍

i damaged my brain from incorrect medication intake. But I did learn here from this forum 😭 that it can be fixed. And also from my perspectives maybe better than before !! <3 😎

i had a little piece of a dream last time i'm slept.
Which is really weird because I don't really dream. It must be from the lack of opioid in me.
and only slight amounts of pain from laziness.

WHAT THE FUCK SUB FOEUM IS THIS !!

edit: i thought it was the bitch about something thread. i'm so sorry.

there's a reason to want to get sober ! !!

Also.

Last edited:
KN4nDB3.jpg

I don't want to be sober all the time, don't even believe in that concept.
As if taking a substance capable of changing our brainchemistry is something completely artificial which should always be avoided. There is no natural (sober) state, every interaction we have with the environment changes our brainchemistry, incluiding of course the food we eat, the people we speak with, the amount of sleep we get, our stress levels, etc...

And if we focus only on drugs, well... Almost every human being alive today takes some sort of drug, they just use different words (medication, cup of coffee/tea, herbal infusion, cigarette, drink, etc...). By the way, coffee has been illegal in the past and some saw it as a dangerous substance when it was first instroduced.

Who is more sober, an individual experiencing very strong pain or the same individual feeling pain-free after taking a pill? What about a chronic insomniac vs someone who uses sleeping pills?

What I want is to quit my bad habits and work on building good ones instead, so I can hopefully have a better quality of life as I grow older.