• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What's something that makes you want to get sober?

if you can

az4lHdu.jpg

ri ght

For me, its the yearning to have a baby. My biological clock is ticking, but I refuse to start a family til I've at least been clean for a full year. 12 years of addiction has put up a serious roadblock on that aspect. I was 2 days into withdrawals in 2010, but it wasn't my choice (i just ran out), so i caved the moment i got a call from a dealer and have been using daily ever since.

I'll admit this is something I think about.
I'm 32, now my mom had me in her early 30s too, but still... Seems late, and also.. I'm nowhere near being in a place in my life to be having kids.

But it's not like there's unlimited time.

Thing is.. Even if I were clean, or decided to have a kid on methadone. I just can't see my future being stable enough.

And I hate it when people have kids for selfish reasons.

A family of my own is my only drop dead reason to quit.

People in NA say noo do it for youu.

Eat shit IDC about myself but a daughter? A wife?

Game changer.

The answer is being sober makes me want be sober. It is obviously better state to be in. But feelings come on, real hard-ass problem hit and short-term solution that works is drugs.

If the needle clinic would stop injecting me forcibly with antipsychotics i.e. invega I would drink far less because I would be out exercising again or at least trying without exercise being difficult.