• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What's going on in your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm 5 1/2 months sober, living in california in my new apartment with some friends i got sober with last year, was trying to get ahold of my girlfriend back in ohio since beginning of june only to find out from my dad that she moved in with her new boyfriend, thats 52!!! (32 years older than her) and find myself wondering if any feelings we shared were real or complete bullshit. but other than that my life is great, waiting for the truck to deliver my bed and couch !!! no more sleepin on the floor, woo hoo

Went to the Doctor again today. She has restricted me from even going to my lamaze classes. I was kind of getting excited about attending the silly classes which were supposed to start tonight. Unfortunately my doctor doesn't want moving around that long. She's not sure why my body is so hell bent on having this baby early but I shouldn't be out of bed accept to use the bathroom.

So, besides the few minutes I steal away for the computer I am stuck to the couch :\ I have to go back for another ultrasound on the 28th to check and make sure things are ok inside and with the baby of course. I am excited to see my little guy again but kind of exhausted with all of these contractions and other complications. My doctor visits are down to about every 5 days now. Doctor says I have to keep him in there for at least 3 more weeks. So I'm trying :)

Hope the rest of you are doing well!

~LP

HEY what's going on with everyone?

Little Princess...how's your baby?

Last edited:
I moved all my worldly possesions into storage this past weekend and am now homeless. Thankfully, I have plenty of friends who have gladly offered me their couches for the night. As I write this, I'm somewhat elated as well as somewhat scared for what the future may hold.

I never thought this day would come, but by September, I will be in Chicago with a band I love playing with and giving the music industry the best shot I have. In my heart I feel like I'm doing the right thing...it's a liberating feeling, but I can't help but feel somewhat apprehensive.

^it's going to be memorable however it turns out. It is liberating and there's not one person who can say that taking action on something you want is a stupid decision. Sorry to overquote but I think you can use them. :)
PS I couched it for a while. It gets depressing but I think sacrificing for something you really want shows great character. My dad always says "Enjoy Now, Suffer Later, Suffer Now- Enjoy Later"

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."

— Helen Keller

Anyone can dabble, but once you've made that commitment, your blood has that particular thing in it, and it's very hard for people to stop you."

— Bill Cosby

I can't imagine a person becoming a success who doesn't give this game of life everything he's got."

There's as much risk in doing nothing as in doing something.
- Trammell Crow

The reward of suffering is experience.
- Aeschylus

You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.
Mary Manin Morrissey

and why I know you will be okay:

"Warm weather fosters growth: cold weather destroys it. Thus a man with an unsympathetic temperament has a scant joy: but a man with a warm and friendly heart overflowing blessings, and his beneficence will extend to posterity"

Hung Tzu-Cheng

Okay I better get a backstage pass

^Thanks, Pea. When we're touring California you'll definitely be on the guest list. :)

Hey Miss Pea :) The baby is doing well thank you. I haven't been having a lot of trouble this week, it's been quiet which is good. He was up to 5 pounds and 2 ounces already according to my last ultrasound. His latest picture is up in the gallery if you wanna see his little face! He's very active these days, it's funny to watch my stomach lump around when he moves or kicks. I will be sure to post his first pic in the gallery when he arrives, which will hopefully be soon. Being pregnant has been great but, it does get a little tiring on the body. Lugging around an extra 30 pounds is rough at times ;) After the baby shower we now have everything we need so I am just impatiently awaiting my little guys arrival. Still having trouble with the name though I got it down to Keagan or Marshall, then decided on Keagan but everyone seems to hate my choice. So, I guess I will know who he is when I see his little face. (If any of you have any suggestions please feel free to send them my way.) I am moving on the 22nd to a new apartment so I am hoping he waits till after then to arrive when his room is all set up and ready.

Besides baby news my ex-fiance of 3 years ago has decided to start calling me again and will be stopping in to grace me with his presence throughout the week. He is on leave from work for this whole week. I would be so happy to see him normally (we have only seen each other twice since we split.) He called me yesterday to discuss women and some girl he is interested in when I felt my spirits drop. I realized that I love him still and hearing such things saddened me. I don't think being around him is going to do anything but stir up old feelings. :\ So I forsee this ending with me whining about missing him all over again. I guess when he called me lastw eek and told me he would be coming home I somehow let my brain start thinking maybe he had started calling me out of the blue because of some slight possablity he wanted me back. Our conversation last night made me realize I was wrong in thinking so. Which I can deal with but it still stinks to let my hopes start getting up and have him call me for girl advice 8)

Ah well, such is life I suppose. I don't need a man to make me happy, I have all the man I need growning inside me ;)

To the rest of you....I things are going well for you all!

~LP

last weekend my gf and i decided to go our seperate ways. a case of 'right people, wrong time' it seems. this sucks. :(

alasdair

*hugs alasdair* I know the feeling quite well; my heart's been broken way too many times in my young life. :( Stay strong, sweetheart and if you ever want to talk about it, you have a willing ear right here. You are an amazing person with so very much to offer the world, and someday your princess will come.

I'm settling into my new life in CA slowly but surely. I had 4, yes 4, job interviews this week. The one I had yesterday is for a company that provides services to law firms like subpoenas, document reproduction and whatnot. I'd be on the road quite a bit, travelling all over CA and the pay is obscenely high. I'd be able to move into the city a lot sooner than I'd anticipated- that would be amazing! Not to mention they give an extremely generous auto stipend, so I'd be able to get a very nice new car. So, everyone please cross your fingers for me! Drinks are on me if I get it. :)

There are so many things that are special about San Francisco. It was such a gorgeous sunny day yesterday and after my interview I went massively shopping. I don't have a lot of "me" time these days and one of my many quirks is that I can't stand shopping with other people. I spent way too much money, but if I get this job that won't be near as much of an issue.

Oh, and there's no truth to the rumor that all the men are gay here. ;) :p I got more catcalls walking down the street in my favorite job interview suit dress in one day than I have in the past 23 years. I felt like I was running the gauntlet! It was a nice ego boost even though there wasn't a cute one in the bunch. Enlighten me, boys- are women in suits sexy?

I wanted to go out of town this weekend, but funds did not permit. :( Raincheck, I suppose. The family are all up in the mountains this weekend.

I miss my friends in Florida so much, but this is home now.

I think I'll be a bad girl and lay in the sun for a bit today.

LP and Twitch- you must be getting so excited! I can't wait to see your adorable little men. Both of you are incredibly strong women, and you will be amazing moms.

Finder- you already know I think this, but you kick ass and you are going to have the most amazing adventure in your new home.

*hugs the whole thread*

Hi everyone :)

An extremely crazy event is about to take place in my life. Any day now i will be called to go into hospital for a liver transplant. I have been waiting for just over a year now and finally i have made it to the top of the list. No it was not drug or alcohol induced.. my liver did not develop properly when i was born. It works but not that efficiently, therefore it is best for me to get a new one. It is all a bit surreal at the moment, kinda like that feeling you have when you know your going somewhere but it doesnt hit you until your actually on the plane. I try not to think about it, about the op cause its pretty scary. My friends tell me that everything will be cool. They have been awesome and they are going to come and see me in hospital.. :D I'm kinda amazed at myself at how positive i've been able to stay cause i've been waiting so long. Sometimes i get pissed off and a bit depressed but then i think about my goals after i've recovered. I have plans to move to England next summer and go back to Ibiza. I love that island.. i went for the first time this summer and it really blew my mind.. the love, the happiness, the music.. it was all just so amazing!! :D Anyway i'm lucky to have such a wonderful family and my mom has been really great. She makes me eat only the the healthiest foods and i think that is why i'm as strong and healthy going into this as i could possibly be.

This is my life at the moment and i know it will only get better!! I have so much to see and do in this world, so many places i want to travel, people to meet, friends to make and smiles to share! :D

Peace and Love

d4l xxx

Wyrm and I recently celebrated our 1-year anniversary (WOW). It was an awesome year. We opened our own business (he did) and thanks to clients and friends, the business is doing great.

We finally made up our minds about babies. We are thinking of getting pregnant sometime late 2005 or the beginning of 2006. With that in mind, we have lots of thinks to achieve first, such going overseas before getting pregnant.
Honestly, I am excited about this but scared at the same time. Obviously, we like planning everything and I hope this plan works for us. We haven't told our parents about it yet…we want to take our time since they’re always asking, “When the babies are coming”

dance4life...you will be in my thoughts and prayers....
;) I wish you the best

Mariposa...glad to hear all is doing good for you in the west. thanks for your thoughts <3

V - it's been a year already?!? Congratulations to both of you, sweetie, it is such a blessing to hear about old friends enjoying happiness and life. :)

i just seperated from my boyfriend of 3 years, he was seeing my bestfriend. now i have to live with my mom. im working though, ill get back on my feet

Lots of new things in my life since the 3rd :)

Of course as most of you know I finally had the baby on Sept. 3rd @ 3:31am. He's a beautiful 7 pound and 5 ounces. 20 and 1/2 inches long. He is a blessing of an addition to my life. I have been overwhelmed with the largest feeling of happiness I have ever felt since the minute he was born. I couldn't be more proud of my little man, which seems to be the nickname he has picked up already :)

I just sit here and watch him sleep and smile and do all his cute baby things. Today I caught him sticking his tongue out which is the cutest thing. See below :p

Marshall sticking his lil' tongue out

I have taken about 4 full rolls of film full of him so far. not to mention the digi photos I took today :) I just can't get enough of him. People are probably getting sick of seeing pictures but I can't help but show him off :)
Example:

My lil' Prince :)

God I love that lil' guy :) I can barely stand to put him to bed, he usually ends up in my bed anyway.

I know there is more news but I have baby on the brain so I will have to finish later!

Status
Not open for further replies.