• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What would it take for you to stop tripping forever?

A very good friend of mine had a psychotic break from taking way too much acid. It was scary to see, he was initially diagnosed with schitzophrenia but turned out to just be drug-induced psychosis. During the time he was in the hospital - bout a month, i swore i'd never take psychodelics again...but i have since, just once, and it went fine.

however i've been taking psychodelics since i was 16, and i'm now 22....i've kind had to cut way back....hasn't bothered me, i've seen plenty and learned a lot but i just have too much responsibilities now to trip very often....

Not really, as HPPD is more considered a perceptual disturabnce that is recongsnied as such- its not tripping, but has elemnts of tripping in it for some.

You're mistaken. Throw in DP/Dr with HPPD and you have something that is so close to a trip 24/7 that you wont even want to consider tripping again.

To completely stop, it would have to be something HUGE. Like the most horrifying, traumatic event got associated with tripping so that every time I trip, I have a bad trip

I think I'd slow considerably if I finally achieve that ultimate sense of being that I've dreamed of

Probably nothing, but at this point it's too hard to say. I really don't know how I'll be mentally 10 or 20 years from now. I hope I have the mental endurance to trip for years to come.

invalid question. life is tripping.

nice one, i'd have to agree.

This question has been on my mind, because I don't feel my work is done yet with psychedelics, and yet I feel that I've dropped out of them. I went through a turbulent winter in which I diminished my senses, and I've yet to really regain them. I feel as though the psychedelics keep up with me even if I don't keep up with them, and I'm doubting that I can prepare for the expectations of the next trip. My last trip was rather unsettling as I unwillingly resisted, I saw my "spaceship" as poisoned somehow. There's something uncared for, and that which is uncared for can violently obstruct the experience. The psychedelics stopped giving me "gentle", purely educational trips a long time ago, I know better, but my previous abandonment of putting that knowledge into practice has...well...fucked me over. So do I stop now? Is that it? If so, what now?

so to segue into the answer of the topic: recognition of a potentially destructive unmindfulness that you don't know how to put out. does that work?

Nothing - Zip - Nada - Never - Not *ever*. Nothing will *ever* stop me tripping. I'd like to take Gascid (LSD and Nitrous Oxide) on my deathbed. I have been taking psychedelics for the last 30 years. I wrote a very long post recently about the permanent brain damage I suffered from Nitrous abuse (in trip Reports) - so I have already paid the price of folly. But despite even that - nothing - really *nothing* - would make me agree to quit forever.

Amen

when i find somthing better

at this point ive been through boarding school, jail, rehab, probation, immense family pressure (religeon based), and although ive considered stopping no obstacle has proved enough yet. I dont see anything ever stopping me until i can go "further" without drugs and they become obsolete. I might die before that day comes, in which case i am def going to go for the acid IV right before launching off on an all natural dmt trip to end all others.

interesting topic though; ive read some responses i wouldnt have expected; thanks guys

Being able to trade psychedelics for a higher value than they were worth of better drugs every time I got them. LOL

You're mistaken. Throw in DP/Dr with HPPD and you have something that is so close to a trip 24/7 that you wont even want to consider tripping again.

Hmm, I disagree simply because HPPD with depersonalistion and dereliasation is still not tripping. You need to (generally speaking) take drugs to trip ;)

I would like to see someone after a week long DOx binge..... If anyone could ever pull that off they would be half crazy/but shit looney but you know they have tripped for what felt like an eternity....

One of my buddies went on a 9-day D0C binge and by the end he was pracitcally crazy for several weeks following his last dose. He used to tell me that he was getting mild hallucinations pretty much all the time, and much worse after he smoked pot. Even his cat started acting crazy during this time because he was being so weird.

If I ever have kids, I'm sure I won't have much time to trip anymore.

...that's about it.

nothing. ive had a couple bad trips on every one i tried still love the feeling.

I dont see myself ridding psychedelics from my life for good, but I can see it being less important in my life as time goes on.

once i feel like there's not really anything more to gain from psychedelics. but i don't imagine that happening any time soon.

Till death do us part~
or
one more "Orange Sunshine" Barrel Trips.

4E0cryQosWCE.png