• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What would it take for you to stop tripping forever?

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
What would it take to make you stop using psychedelics forever?

Just getting older?
A very intensely bad trip?
A significant other who disapproved?
A certain job?
Legal troubles?
Or do you plan to keep tripping for your entire life - maybe like Huxley, who died on LSD?

I can't really think of anything. A bad trip might make me want to stop for a while, but I'd certainly do it again. Legal troubles... that'd be aggravating, but it'd make the trip after probation that much better. ;)

I'm not sure if I'd want to die while tripping, however. I mean, I guess I don't get to choose that one, but I'd want to experience it... sober? Perhaps not though. Maybe it'd be easier for my mind to handle while tripping.

Something that will make me stop psychedelics for 9 months: if I end up ever wanting a child. I'd probably use drugs less while raising a baby, but it'd be the first time I'd need a sitter for a trip... haha. I read an interesting article about a Native American woman who gave birth while on tripping on peyote. That'd be interesting.

Off topic as hell, but hey, it's Saturday night! :)

If, one day I just no longer feel the need to trip and have grown out of it I will stop; but its not something I will have taken away by external forces.

I can't say man, it's just one of those things that is so separate from everything else in my life that a reason to just say "no more" is hard to imagine.

when tripping seeps into your normal life.

Tripping is so interesting because it is something radically different. Imagine if you tripped your whole life. Not tripping would be amazing!

'Forever' is a very long time so its hard to say. After high school I stopped tripping for a couple of years and for me, I think the longer I go without tripping the easier it becomes and the more apprehensive I become.

If I were to have a deep meditation practice that can get me 'most of the way' I think I would also be less interested in tripping.

Ayahuasca could also make me stop. After taking it everything else just seemed like 'toying around' and it's possible if I were to go back to Peru and take it some more I may feel like I've gone as far as I can with the psychedelic path, OR I could realize just how deep the rabbit hole goes and scare myself shitless and not want to go near psychedelics again (more likely).

When I no longer enjoy the experience - external forces are one thing (work,prison etc) but my personal enjoyment is another.

OR I could realize just how deep the rabbit hole goes and scare myself shitless and not want to go near psychedelics again (more likely).

Interesting comment. I actually feel like it goes WAY beyond what we think....The few glimpses I've had down that hole, and the possibilites of it- make me want to stop as well as keep delving. I think there is, potentially, something utterly alien and almost cthonic in existence, that may be dangerous to encounter- I feel like some psychedelic experiences I've had have been almost universe defying; all that we know is more of a dream then we think.

One thing that, of late, has tempted me away fromtripping is the concepts of Magick. From what I've perceived, playing with the forces that construct this existence could lead to things we only see in nightmares. However, I plan to tread forward very carefully, in both magick and psychedelics, which are inextricably linked in my mind.

I recently felt as though every cell in my body was imploding/exploding simulataneously (DMT-high dose) to the extent that, physically, I was being thrown around without any real choice. Its not so much a fear of the feeling, its the wonder of whats doing it that frightens me. Time/space seem to be alterable and I am unsure that this is good for anyone....:\

As of now, I don't think that I'll ever stop tripping forever, but I'm sure that the frequency will decrease over time and become pretty infrequent in my later adult years. However, I won't rule out what others have said above, and that I may find out "too much" and decide for myself to take a break indefinately.

Since I was a child I've been drawn to heights. Whenever I saw a mountain cliff, railings on high buildings, I had the urge to go and stare downwards, picture myself falling, and a strange urge to jump.

Even though I've looked pretty damn well down the rabbit hole, on 5-MeO-DMT, I still get the same urge to look again. Boredom has always been a bigger problem for me than fear. And once you see it, you cannot unsee it. You can push it in the back of your mind and it will leave you alone, casting only an evanescent veil over your reality. It will sometimes appear in dreams, flashbacks, and I have a feeling it will appear again in full clarity when you die.

The only direction you can go is forward. Open your eyes and plunge in until you come out the other side. That's what I am trying to do. And I have another hunch that if you manage it, you will come out enriched with the power of the other worlds.

Mind you, this fearsome alien world only appears to me on dissociatives, especially 5-MeO-DMT. LSD is nothing but light. This one I really don't see myself ever quitting.

health reasons would probably be sufficient, mental instability or something like a severe MI. or if it i noticed a real cognitive decline.

Common sense & self control.

If told I could never do ANYTHING hallucinogenic ever again I seriously would say "ok cool been there done that." There's only one or two more hallucinogens I'm curious of, and I've pushed the dose-response limit of all the other ones that I've already tried.

I suppose if all psychedelics became unavailable forever, then I'd stop tripping forever. That's what it would take.

If I was to suffer from a mental illness or some illness which required me to stay as healthy as I could to improve my life quality/span. Or if the person I was married to or my (future) kids strongly disapproved of it. After all my family is more important to me than doing psychedelics. However I never think Id marry a person with such beleifs.

The way things are now, I dont see a reason for quitting psychedelics. But some day Ill grow tired of them I guess.

What would it take to make you stop using psychedelics forever?

Just getting older?
A significant other who disapproved?
A certain job?
Legal troubles?
Or do you plan to keep tripping for your entire life - maybe like Huxley, who died on LSD?

yea it depends from person to person, getting older.. is a good reason to stop (I think it is) I'm 22, and I know at one point I have to stop messing around with drugs in general, except alcohol maybe? and ecstasy.. when I'm in my mid or late 30s, I want to roll with my wife..

I think it depends on the substance really. I think I experienced the best... and the worst.. of LSD my first time, but that didnt stop me from doing it again, I took acid for the second time this friday, and it was a so so trip haha but ill still do it again, maybe one more time? twice? I've done shrooms once, and never more, it was such a bad trip ill NEVER do it again... the only other real psychedelic ive done (if you dont count weed) is Special K.. now that ones a doozy right there, and more experience with this than LSD and shrooms... a lot more... Ive had out of this world experiences (literally) and terrible experiences too, but the bad... isnt that bad... at least I think it isnt, once you get a hold of it, its not soo bad

A significant other who disapproved? most likely

A certain job? no, I have a very good job if im allowed to brag here, and I can do whatever I want really.. I dont get drug tested.. mainly because my boss is my uncle.. but still

Legal troubles?....maybe, probably not

i dont think that anything would be able to make me stop tripping COMPLETELY. but a very horrible experience stopped me for using mushrooms. to make the story short an attempted suicide by my fellow tripper, while each tripping hard on 1/4oz of caps really turned me off to em. especially since i feel that a mushroom trip messes with your emotions alot more than LSD (my personal favorite).

i donno

what would it take to start make you trippping forever?